Freeman's Mind gun sounds

The guns sounds I like, (and the Tank sounds are awesome, they have to stay, I agree) but the poison headcrab sound effect I didn't like, the sounds are supposed to be unique to the poison headcrabs, that's part of why I would freak out when I'd hear it while I was playing

I voted no for the sake of continuity, but I don't really mind too much, I'm fine with whatever option. And even though I didn't vote for this option...

tumblr_miqd51QOqt1qbw8xko1_500.jpg

tumblr_miqd51QOqt1qbw8xko2_500.jpg

I still need you to look at these pictures of my cats right now.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Every so often for an added "punch"? Maybe. Total replacement. Hell no.

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

I like the new sounds. It's like you're actually hearing what Freeman is, instead of the audio for a game.

But that makes me wonder, how would this series sound if the voice acting was edited to sound like Half-Life dialogue?

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

Can't see the poll, but it's rather jarring for the sounds to change so late, but that I could live with. The real thing is that none of the other sounds are re-dubbed, which makes it jarring, and the sounds sometimes were out of sync.

The thing I really didn't like was the poison headcrab sound.

Personally I don't mind either way. :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I didn't mind the gun sounds, except they sounded a little too loud as compared to other things.

Though, tbh, using the poison headcrab sounds on the regular 'crabs did bother me to some extent.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Maybe I'm not very observant but if I hadn't read about it on here, I wouldn't have known anything was different.

Objective comments:

So far, about a third of voters (and pretty much half of those who care) dislike them enough to vote No. Surely leaving it the same is not really going to upset "Yes" voters very much — whereas adding something unwanted is going to keep irritating the significant proportion of "No" voters for the rest of the series.

Full disclosure: I'm a "No" voter but I think the vote should be weighted in favour of "no change", like a great many civil and political projects are in the real world.

Alternatively, disregard the vote and just release both. It can't be that difficult to keep the dubbing in a separate track and output two versions, can it?

Subjective comments:

My personal opinion is that they're "just not very Half-Life". Add that to the poor execution and woefully anachronistic Poison Headcrab sound, and it's very jarring and uncomfortable for me.

tbh I didn't really notice

but then I'm not as familiar with the game lol

either works for me. I guess whatever works best for y'all

The guns sounds I like, (and the Tank sounds are awesome, they have to stay, I agree) but the poison headcrab sound effect I didn't like, the sounds are supposed to be unique to the poison headcrabs, that's part of why I would freak out when I'd hear it while I was playing

Basically this. I'm not opposed to the new gun sounds, but they are a little distracting now. The poison headcrab sound was pretty unnecessary and the tank shots were cool.

But imo, this is really a case of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

To be honest, I didn't even notice.

Same here, that's why I voted for the third option. Seems like a pretty divisive issue though lol

anyway here's that the pic of my pet u need to see immediately

922866_134589843405461_1167694977_n.jpg

Wow, Mr. Scott is right this IS a divided issue! In fact, it seems to be dead even 792/791. If this trend continues it will be difficult for Him to make a decision. So to answer your question on how divided this issue is Mr. Scott, VERY. I'll admit I have no idea how a real MP5 sounds, but I kinda liked the old sounds better, and more importantly the new sounds will make going back and forth between watching old episodes and new ones a little distracting, so to preserve continuity I hope He goes back to the original sounds. I didn't even complain about them after the episode, I figured if Mr. Scott didn't like the sounds he wouldn't have added them, so trying to change things seemed pointless, but it's cool to know He cares what we think.