Freeman's Mind gun sounds

So far, the voting only showed that there seem to be more cat persons than dog persons among the fans, but that may require additional poll. I kinda felt like there may be more cats.... 8-)

If my cat was still among living, I'd just put a picture too...

And I can't vote because Ross checked if the poll works and it read his vote as mine as well :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

This reminds me of polling in school when everyone would choose stupid Vanilla ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip is clearly superior.

This reminds me of polling in school when everyone would choose stupid Vanilla ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip is clearly superior.

Dude, bro, chocolate chip cookie dough.

How is this even debatable?!

(Oh also, while the new sounds are neat and well done, they basically take a bat to the shins of immersion. The old sounds are part of the experience, practically encoded into the essence and fabric of the show. At least for the guns, anyway. While I appreciate the efforts of adding them, and I do encourage further sound editing in other, less cannon breaking areas, when it comes to the guns, it just seems like it will save a ton of effort to keep the old ones. But that's just my two cents.)

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

The thing with these new sounds is that they break the episodes' continuity, if that makes any sense. Its adding new sounds on a random episode, changing what was established before without any prior circumstance that allowed for that change.

Like, to a way lower extent, what would happen if suddenly Freeman takes a nap, then wakes up in Black Mesa Source. The change is weird.

Now, I do like the new sounds, but it was not the moment to change that. It would make sense in Xen, since maybe gunshots sound different in there, but as it was done here, I have to down-vote the idea.

So nay. I would say go back to the original HL:S sounds.

That's my tuppence worth.

-Oh, and I haven't been here in a while. Hello, gents.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I feel bad that I didn't notice any change in the sounds. This is compounded by the fact that I don't own dog or a cat. I think this means that I need to make better life choices. :?

I don't really mind a change if it's adjusted better. The problem here is that Ross has actually done this before and added new sounds in later episodes (I think it started from around episode 15-20 or so). With the proper adjustment it should sound nice and it's still half-life really. (Although when I say that, I still prefer it over the Black Mesa mod)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

You know, I find it really hard to believe that hardly anyone noticed the changed sounds. Maybe Ross should change Freeman's voice actor for a day and see if anyone picks up on it.

Something like a new april-fools day episode, with someone who can act very boring?

Or just use an other Scott family member! I don't know which is the best or funny variation.

Personly i've converted all FM-Episodes as mp3 files and i hear them on my car like a audiobook.

(ok no picture.. but i've seen all episodes about 40 times and i know whats happends in every of them)

The only stupid thing :D ... when i have to stop (traffic light turns to red) my window is down and at that moment Ross is screaming "give peace a change or just stand still!!!!! bam bam bam"

So thats why i believe will notice every voice change.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

Something like a new april-fools day episode, with someone who can act very boring?

Or just use an other Scott family member! I don't know which is the best or funny variation.

Personly i've converted all FM-Episodes as mp3 files and i hear them on my car like a audiobook.

(ok no picture.. but i've seen all episodes about 40 times and i know whats happends in every of them)

The only stupid thing :D ... when i have to stop (traffic light turns to red) my window is down and at that moment Ross is screaming "give peace a change or just stand still!!!!! bam bam bam"

So thats why i believe will notice every voice change.

HAHA! :D That's the second funny story with FM audio playing in the "right timing" ;] I'm also amazed with your idea of converting it to MP3s and playing as audiobooks! :o:D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

The sounds are ok but I would still prefer the original ones. Probably the 10th time someone used this phrase but to hell.. why change something that isn't broken? I'm ok with some sound editing here and there (tank) or some additional sound effects like when he's climbing something or so but other than that, I just don't see why new sounds are necessary, especially in the middle of the series.

And lol to that guy listening to FM while driving.. you're absolutely and definetely my role-model now. Ross should produce and sell it as a real and serious audiobook.

I personally like the new sounds, so long as they don't take time away from the episode and they can be normalized. Though guns are very loud IRL, which made it seem a tad more realistic.

BUT no one cares about that, so I decided to go with a new animal: BEARDED DRAGON

IMG_20130324_144633_143.jpg.25a863ca58246fccba2ac276908a571a.jpg

IMG_20130324_144650_164.jpg.2a844b5b1306bd14c1bd42e8719dd0a3.jpg

[attachment=1]IMG_20130324_144650_164.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_20130324_144633_143.jpg[/attachment]

Aww... They're so cute!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I say no. FM should continue with its normal HL1 sounds.

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

Went through this thread solely for the cat pictures.

The people have spoken, a new era of effects and sound has begun! Praised be the sound effects pack, for his truth has been revealed in the mind of our Freeman!

Seriously, though, I didn't even notice... lol

PS:. There's... Hmmm... A lot of cats here...

Why don't just upload the "raw" edited recordings and the "with sound" edited recordings?

Anyways, if there is only one choice, why don't you replace the sounds within the game. Should save some time and would render the sound-editing unnessecary.

The people have spoken, a new era of effects and sound has begun!

(wags finger)

Ah ah ah, he said he was going with what the majority of people decided. 37% is not a majority, it's a plurality. ;)

Yeah, I know, it's a stretch.