Freeman's Mind gun sounds

No more random pointless, and illogical pathing to go through...

When you put it like that, you almost make it sound like there shouldn't be any exploration or deviation from linear paths in FPS games. No wonder people still cling mercilessly to DooM...

I didn't say it, the devs of Black Mesa did.

If you're in a REAL military base, or military research facility, there are no superfluous rooms, and everything is clearly labeled... Exits are easy to reach with fairly direct routes... Even with the redesign, they still left as much of the original as they could while having it still make at lest some sense. (like no box smashing room because that would NEVER be made IRL, but the round-about way you have to go through the computer server room is possible)

Um, I remember the box-smashing room from my playthrough.

the new gun sounds were cool but they werent the original gun sounds that we have had since the beginning

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Don't know if it's too late for input, but I found them really out of place, and would vote towards having the original sound effects back.

The solution to this debate is simple, have a marine fire at close range near freeman, he goes deaf, and all you hear are his inner thoughts.

Out of curiosity, will episode 47 be re-uploaded with the fixed sounds?

I'm fine either way, just curious.

Now that the sound issue is out of the way, I think we should have a new thread on who has the best animal!

Why, the Reptiles, of course!

I decided to go with a new animal: BEARDED DRAGON

viewtopic.php?p=195293#p195293

[EDIT]: I just realized that you were the one who posted those, so of course you had to ask. You win!

Why, the Reptiles, of course!

I always wanted a pet alligator. I would stuff it into the ventilation shafts, and then give it food and water. :lol: Maybe I just watch too much Freeman though.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I used to have a Bullsnake, but the apartments we were moving to didn't allow reptiles as pets... (this was over a decade ago)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Um, I remember the box-smashing room from my playthrough.

I think he means no box-smashing room in the sense that it's not just boxes hanging precariously over a pit. It's now a conveyor belt hanging over the sewers, though stopped at some point during the Resonance Cascade so Gordon has to jump across. To be honest, I think it would have been cool to find a way to start the belt again and just ride down on a single box, but that wouldn't require nearly as much platform jumping. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I cant wait for episode 48....I just hope theres nothing from stopping him making another episode like Machinima.com putting a dick into Ross's ass

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

The vote is already done, damnit. I have to stop using my replacement guns and use those crappy models I used to use. Well, It's better than being set in an arena with a bunch of psychos carrying nothing but sharp bits and blunt bits (Manhunt).

OOC:

Honestly, I found that all incredibly frusterating. I refreshed that poll a lot, hoping my side (keep the new sound effs) would win. They did win but not by enough apparently.

EDIT: Holy crap Ross is looking at the thread. Hi Ross!

I like the newer sounds, but I agree that the old sounds should be kept. Instead of foleying in the gun sounds. they should have made a sound mod. It's easy! If I could download the sounds in question, I might do it myself. ...so could I get a download link or something? Please?