Humans over other animals

Sign in to follow this  

Along with the majority of this thread, I'm strongly against animal abuse and neglect, but I see no problem in using them for food. I do believe they shouldn't be treated horribly, and at least given a good quality of life while they are still alive; but it's survival of the fittest. Every animal on the planet lives by that, and we are no different. The way we slaughter the animals needs to be regulated, however, so we're not also torturing everything.

When we make food out of animals we dont just kill them and destroy the population of them. We keep the population of the species in check.

I'm curious on what your explaination is considering the species we have destroyed or have been close to destroying, for nothing more than sport or tacky fashion trends.

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

Along with the majority of this thread, I'm strongly against animal abuse and neglect, but I see no problem in using them for food. I do believe they shouldn't be treated horribly, and at least given a good quality of life while they are still alive; but it's survival of the fittest. Every animal on the planet lives by that, and we are no different. The way we slaughter the animals needs to be regulated, however, so we're not also torturing everything. .

That's pretty much what I think too. Thanks for backing me up.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

This is a very active planet, species come and they go, and very quickly relative to dozens or hundreds of millions of years. Our influence is obvious but species going extinct is still nothing new.

if we see a tiger kill a deer do we say 'bad tiger he shouldn't do that', no we don't say that so why should it be different for us.

Have any of you ever seen how they slaughter pigs/cows? They first use a gun-like tool, it causes equivalent damage to the brain as that of a 9mm bullet, and since they place it at the junction of the brain and brain stem, it kills the animal instantly, without any time for the animal to feel anything. Painless death. Food animals are well fed with extremely nutritional feeds, and rarely confined for long periods.

So, is any of that (our normal slaughtering practices) offensive to any of you?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Have any of you ever seen how they slaughter pigs/cows? They first use a gun-like tool, it causes equivalent damage to the brain as that of a 9mm bullet, and since they place it at the junction of the brain and brain stem, it kills the animal instantly, without any time for the animal to feel anything. Painless death. Food animals are well fed with extremely nutritional feeds, and rarely confined for long periods.

Not all places use that tool, you have to keep that in mind. But it isn't really the slaughtering itself that is offensive to me, it is how the animals are treated while they are still alive.

Not all places use that tool, you have to keep that in mind. But it isn't really the slaughtering itself that is offensive to me, it is how the animals are treated while they are still alive.

Yeah, have you seen how desesperate and stressed pigs are when they're being brought to the slaughter house in those small cages where they can't even move or rest? it sucks...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I dont see how people get mad over the animals being made into food. think of it like this, if there were no meat what would we live off? greens will only last so long to feed an entire planet of people. at this point were still having trouble feeding everyone on this planet. I do think animals have feelings but we just dont know it, but we have to do what we have to do to survive as a race. if we did not well we would be over run with everything and even with the technology we have, it would never stop a horde of animals eating our fields. When we make food out of animals we dont just kill them and destroy the population of them. We keep the population of the species in check.

We don't have to stop killing animals completely. We need to kill them more MORALLY and without such a massive SCALE. We don't keep their populations "in check", we make them dwindle into endangerment, or we give them chemicals to make them grow and reproduce even FASTER. Meanwhile, our population is growing in massive amounts in small areas. England is just a mess in some cities, as well as USA and Asian Cities. You don't see hordes of animals as big as us anywhere on Earth, in fact, if we kept killing all these animals keeping them miniscule, do you realize what would happen with the food chain? Other populations of animals would grow even more! If you keep killing all an animals natural predators, then that animal will grow out of control.

Animals kill other animals to eat and survive. Thats biology 101. But when lions or wolves hunt, they usually go straight for the spine /jugular to kill their prey in a fastest way possible.

Humans on the other hand often engage in inefficent and painful practices wheon it comes to meat processing. For example, it has been shown in pigs that when treated poorly, they release a lot of stress hormones which in turn makes the meat potenitally harmful/more unhelathy in addition to all other chemicals used.

Simply said, decent treatment is simply a matter of respecting your food and in a lot of cases it is a matter of health safety, like clean cages, chikens without clipped wings and a fistfuls of antibiotics shoved into them and ton of other stuff. We put that in our mouths later on after all.

fistfuls of antibiotics shoved into them and ton of other stuff.

You get worse in your mandatory immunizations here in the US... (not including if you're traveling to or from other countries, which about doubles the crap they put in your veins)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Animals kill other animals to eat and survive. Thats biology 101. But when lions or wolves hunt, they usually go straight for the spine /jugular to kill their prey in a fastest way possible.

Humans on the other hand often engage in inefficent and painful practices wheon it comes to meat processing. For example, it has been shown in pigs that when treated poorly, they release a lot of stress hormones which in turn makes the meat potenitally harmful/more unhelathy in addition to all other chemicals used.

Simply said, decent treatment is simply a matter of respecting your food and in a lot of cases it is a matter of health safety, like clean cages, chikens without clipped wings and a fistfuls of antibiotics shoved into them and ton of other stuff. We put that in our mouths later on after all.

Respect for food died once the MC brothers invented fast food. and not all food companies treat there animals like that. also you gotta think like a suit, what is cheaper treating the product nicely that would cost more? or treat them like utter crap and make more. Its sadly human nature to go for the get rich option.

Respect for food died once the MC brothers invented fast food. and not all food companies treat there animals like that. also you gotta think like a suit, what is cheaper treating the product nicely that would cost more? or treat them like utter crap and make more. Its sadly human nature to go for the get rich option.

Well, I know for a fact that a lot of people would love to pay extra for some good conscience.

Along with the majority of this thread, I'm strongly against animal abuse and neglect, but I see no problem in using them for food. I do believe they shouldn't be treated horribly, and at least given a good quality of life while they are still alive; but it's survival of the fittest. Every animal on the planet lives by that, and we are no different. The way we slaughter the animals needs to be regulated, however, so we're not also torturing everything.

When we make food out of animals we dont just kill them and destroy the population of them. We keep the population of the species in check.

I'm curious on what your explaination is considering the species we have destroyed or have been close to destroying, for nothing more than sport or tacky fashion trends.

beavers, they were abundant/over populated at one point until people liked taste/pelt and over hunted them without breeding them. now corps breed animals and have people hunt animals.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

beavers, they were abundant/over populated at one point until people liked taste/pelt and over hunted them without breeding them. now corps breed animals and have people hunt them.

Well as long as your not a radical vegan and screaming angry slogans like "You wouldn't eat your pets!" No I wouldn't I don't eat cats, dogs, or any other animal that eats other higher animal forms. (sorry I saw this on a bumper sticker and thought it was ridiculous).

Now, I completely agree with the general opinion that it is ok to eat animals but wrong to treat them like crap, and luckily we are getting more free range animal products and some without antibiotics. But unfortunately those are more expensive than regular meat.

Another downside is that majority of us prefer to buy pre-made foods (ie fast food, take out, frozen dinners) because it's easier and considering most of us need to work and feel like we do not have the time, or skill to cook, making pre-made meals the preferable choice. The restaurants or companies that make these meals usually don't want to reduce profits so they go with the lower grade meats, usually the animals that are full of chronic stress hormone (cortisol), which is not good for humans either, so pumped full of antibiotics that they get overdose side effects, and they don't get many vitamins, so in turn, neither do you.

Basically (before I go off on anymore of a tangent) I am just saying we should just try to change our style of life, calm down a little and cook for ourselves. But more importantly for our own health, eat a little less meat. Not saying you should not eat it at all but reducing your intake, especially when you are older and stop growing will help preventing heart disease and high cholesterol.

Well as long as your not a radical vegan and screaming angry slogans like "You wouldn't eat your pets!" No I wouldn't I don't eat cats, dogs, or any other animal that eats other higher animal forms. (sorry I saw this on a bumper sticker and thought it was ridiculous).

Now, I completely agree with the general opinion that it is ok to eat animals but wrong to treat them like crap, and luckily we are getting more free range animal products and some without antibiotics. But unfortunately those are more expensive than regular meat.

Another downside is that majority of us prefer to buy pre-made foods (ie fast food, take out, frozen dinners) because it's easier and considering most of us need to work and feel like we do not have the time, or skill to cook, making pre-made meals the preferable choice. The restaurants or companies that make these meals usually don't want to reduce profits so they go with the lower grade meats, usually the animals that are full of chronic stress hormone (cortisol), which is not good for humans either, so pumped full of antibiotics that they get overdose side effects, and they don't get many vitamins, so in turn, neither do you.

Basically (before I go off on anymore of a tangent) I am just saying we should just try to change our style of life, calm down a little and cook for ourselves. But more importantly for our own health, eat a little less meat. Not saying you should not eat it at all but reducing your intake, especially when you are older and stop growing will help preventing heart disease and high cholesterol.

You have a lot of good points there.

Thanks I was trying to keep it short and hoping I didn't veer off the topic of animal suffering too far but I feel like our ways of life really reflects on it

Thanks I was trying to keep it short and hoping I didn't veer off the topic of animal suffering too far but I feel like our ways of life really reflects on it

Lifestyle and food production go hand in hand, and I can easily understand that was your general point. I much too often buy fast food and frozen food because it's so easy to cook, without thinking much about what's behind it.

you do have a good clear point there.

I'm not against killing animals for food. We need food to survive. I am against hurting animals, though. This might sound like a pretty radical viewpoint, but I think animal abuse is often worse than killing a grown person. What do animals do to you? Especially housepets. People can hurt people, but your dog doesn't mean to do any harm to you. They may not be "intelligent" but it's obvious that they have feelings. It breaks my heart to see an animal in pain. Obviously the same should be said for humans as well, but when you see some of the things humans do....

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.