Music General

I was bout ready to throw down at that challenge until I realized you played the piano part of the song AND everything else.

large.gif

I'll stick to my plastic guitars where I know I can win. XD

More seriously though that was impressive. :o

Retired Forum Moderator

XD Oh my gosh. I'm both sorry and not sorry. :P

But thank you! :D

@You other crazy people: I think I managed to make a sort of song with the chords you gave me... XP It's a bit jumbled up, but I'll hopefully have it done by tonight? It'll have weird transitions, but that's the only way to make the chords fit dammit! XD

Also... I'm randomly feeling happy, so all of you get hugs. X3 *group hug*

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

@Binky: *grumbles* I'll give YOU a good sweat. ...
Ohh, Matron!
You won't believe me when I tell you this only took one take... One... take... XD That's freaking amazing, seeing as it usually takes me 5 or 6 tries.
I've learned through that sort of experience that you should always record your first/warm-up attempt. I've played something near-flawless to warm-up, and then when I record it, it never sounds as good. Top notch video by the way!

large.gif

Massive lawl!
I think I managed to make a sort of song with the chords you gave me... XP It's a bit jumbled up, but I'll hopefully have it done by tonight? It'll have weird transitions, but that's the only way to make the chords fit dammit! XD
Looking forward to it!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

buH2qKATo1E

Aha! So, I didn't do it the night I said I would. XD But whatever, I was busy. Here's your bloody challenge song Binky. :P Goes through all the chords I was told to include. Not all in the same part, but eh, it works. XP It goes through a massive key change, but goes back to the normal, so you're able to loop the song without much irritation to your poor ears. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Jeb, that was amazing! Sounds perfect for a side-scrolling platform game! Loved the modulation and the sinister discords. 10/10 would use if was developing game. Quality composition skills right there!

This is a semi-nostalgic sight! :3

I remember using a sound desk when I was in my band at school... Gosh, I miss those guys. X3 I was the keyboardist of course! :D And we had a drummer, guitar player, bass player, and singers. Was great since we all pretty much knew what we were doing with our instruments. XP Had some sick as songs, but I'd have to help set up the sound desk or pack it up some days. Those things are heavy!!

But thank you! :D Aww... I'm flattered!

-------

This is something me and my friend did while setting up Guitar Rig in my laptop yesterday. Because we're so fascinated with guitar effects, we decided to play around with the Guitar Rig's effects for shits and giggles. This is one of the bits we recorded using my friend's guitar. There's a kind of sci-fi vibe in this recording, just a whammy pedal and a little delay to get that sound. You might need to lower the volume a bit for this.

I might do more of these someday, I just need to borrow my friend's interface...

Welp, now what?

@AP_Pastor: Oh wow, that sounds so cool! :D This sounds like something that would go great with an ambient horror game, if you tone down the more high-pitched sounds that is. Chuck it on a soundtrack for the Alien Isolation game = gold!

Do you play both guitar and bass?

@GrooveWindow: Oh, I listened to one song and thought; "I'd listen to this. I could buy that." Then I listened to another, and thought; "Geez, this one too." And now I'm contemplating what to get. X3 I would love to buy the whole album, but... I'm missing out on my pay for this week cause of hospital shit, and the problem with the sites and stuff, $10 USD is actually $15 AUD. I mean, that's a small $5, but I'm a poor high-school student. :P If you give me three song recommendations, I can buy those. Cause it'll take me about a year to decide myself. XD

-------

@AP_Pastor: Oh wow, that sounds so cool! :D This sounds like something that would go great with an ambient horror game, if you tone down the more high-pitched sounds that is. Chuck it on a soundtrack for the Alien Isolation game = gold!

Do you play both guitar and bass?

Thanks! :) That was the vibe me and my friend wanted to get when we recorded this. I was improvising along the way, and I got hooked to the high-pitch noises. It was like playing with a theremin in a way. If I could borrow my buddy's audio interface, and maybe his guitar, I might do more recordings :D

Yup, I play both guitar and bass, and a bit of drums :)

Welp, now what?

@AP_Pastor - ah, that was nicely dark and atmospheric! I quite enjoyed it!

@Jeb - sorry it took so long! I could have done it way faster, but I just didn't have the time, with work and what not...

But, well, finally I've finished working on Feathers! Here it is in MIDI...

And the SoundCloud rendered version is here:

Hope it was worth the wait! :D

Regards

Feathers_f_modf_balance_sndfont_b.zip

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This is probably the best one you've done yet! :D Thank you, it's gorgeous! Can't stop listening to it.

2:36 = my favourite part, but all of it is also really really good! How would you feel if I uploaded it to my YouTube channel? :3 I mainly want to do it so I can add it to my song playlist online... It's easier to just upload my offline songs than download the online songs. ^_^ At least, in my experience. XP

Also... I've been thinking what it could accompany... I actually think it'd be a great soundtrack for an RPG game. X3 What do you think?

-------

Oh, I'm so happy that you liked it! :D That has really made my day - Thank you!

Of course, I don't mind at all if you put it on YouTube - it's your song!

I don't know, I don't think of music as a background for something... That's probably why I don't listen to soundtracks to anything, with very rare exceptions. When I listen to something - I tend to lose myself in music and paint whatever picture that comes to mind, depending on my mood and the weather, even :D Currently - when I listen to Feathers - that reminds me of you and your birdie. A bit like the picture you put in the RL Pics thread :D

Regards

You're quite welcome! :D

But hey, it's your song too. XP This is a collaboration. You're not my slave. :P However thinking about it now... having a slave doesn't sound half bad! Hehe. Are you offering?

094e4LqZK0U

And the pretty thing I made up for it: http://i.imgur.com/nduSIrD.png

But aw, I'm on your mind am I? :P I'm flattered. Here I was thinking about RPGs, battling dragons and savings castles. Then you're here busy thinking of something far more peaceful and relaxing! :D Guess the title helps that image...

-------

Ah, such a nice banner :D And - it's I who is flattered!

But... I think I'll skip the slave bit this time. Got me into a spot of trouble once :P

Regards

:3 Why thank you, Vappy!

Mmm... but hey, if you ever want to take up that offer, just remember I'm around. :P Heh.

On topic though... I finally made one of these thingies:

Hooray! It's got a few of my songs on there, but this is only like... 25% of all the songs I actually have made. Plan to add another song tomorrow, but... I did create a new one recently:

/escalate

k2xyJgOvZfs

See, isn't that so easy? :D No posting MIDI files anymore. XP I'm done with that. I'm actually gonna make an effort now to be proper with my music. :P Not just throw it off in every bloody direction, going to aim to be organized... about damn time too. Anyway, hope that new song is pleasing for some of you. Was a lot of fun to make!

-------

...and you just got yourself a Soundcloud follower! At last, your music can now be part of my favorites playlist!!! :D

Also, your music's improving in leaps and bounds. Complex, yet pleasing to the ear. I'm looking forward to hearing more soon :)

Welp, now what?

And another follower in me :D Great tune once again!

----

My band got some airplay on BBC Newcastle last night, and two of us got interviewed on Radio Prudhoe a few hours ago. I won't lie, this was all pretty unexpected! Nice bit of exposure though.

Jeb I've been listening to your stuff in chronological order and while it's all really good I've noticed lately you're getting better from a technical standpoint. Songs are taking on more complexity and the sounds are getting clearer. Just thought you should know. :D I love watching people get better at what they do, even if I usually do it silently mostly.

Also Binky I've known you've been in a band for a while and I do recall you once linking some of your songs but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, would you be willing to share some? :D I see a lot of pictures but not enough sound.

I'm gonna see if i can't get Protools working on my laptop again. I wanna mess around with stuff. Have zilch musical training so it's gonna be weird but eh, as long as it's fun.

Retired Forum Moderator

Also Binky I've known you've been in a band for a while and I do recall you once linking some of your songs but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, would you be willing to share some? :D I see a lot of pictures but not enough sound.

You can look up Binky's EP in Spotify, the band's name is The Pastures.

I'm hoping to record some more stuff soon, I just need the equipment. (the guitar and interface I used to record Spacey was my friend's, I'm still assembling my guitar at the moment) I got some ideas I wanna mess around with soon.

Welp, now what?