Music General

@Binky/AP_Pastor/Vappy: I got us a song we could all play together. XP

JKjidJn.jpg

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

JKjidJn.jpg

Looks like something the great Professor Peter Schickele might write....

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

JKjidJn.jpg

Ah, great! I can totally do "Like a Dirigible" part.

When do we start rehersals? :D

Regards

@Binky: And I don't really mind because saying I'm about to play; "The Death Waltz" is way fucking cooler than "U.N Owen Was Her - Flandres Theme." XP Though, I play a version suitable for my flimsy 10 fingers. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Last week I said...

@ Blinky The Rabbit: I have to confess this isn't my usual kind of musical fare, but it does have a certain upbeat country/pseudo-psychobilly quality that can't be scoffed at. My older brother would absolutely love this stuff. I'll let him listen to it and I'll get back to you with his verdict.

...he said it was pretty good! He particularly liked House of Cards, and I reckon it might be the best track on the EP. It reminds me a little bit of people like Pedro The Lion and Frightened Rabbit (you heard of them?)

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I won't lie, I had a feeling it wouldn't be your sorta thing, but that's cool - it goes without saying that music is subjective and the tunes you make won't appeal to everybody. Thank you for the intelligent words though! Much better than a 'Meh, not my thing' :P

Tell your brother we say cheers :D Can't say I've heard of Pedro mind, recommend a tune for me to look up? :)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I won't lie, I had a feeling it wouldn't be your sorta thing, but that's cool - it goes without saying that music is subjective and the tunes you make won't appeal to everybody. Thank you for the intelligent words though! Much better than a 'Meh, not my thing' :P

Tell your brother we say cheers :D Can't say I've heard of Pedro mind, recommend a tune for me to look up? :)

I wasn't aware I was giving off that vibe! ;p

Pedro The Lion (namesake of Seattle based musician David Bazan, with various collaborators) is intersting for sounding like an Americana-inflected indie rock fare, great songwriting but not exactly pushing out the boat to uncharted genre waters. The lyrics can often be rather visceral, unusually so for a band of this ilk, which I find pleasantly contrasting. You might enjoy his album Achilles Heel and I recommend this short ans sweet number, Transcontinental.

8hzqcK9Y7Zc

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The "Prelude" (a.k.a. the "Crystal Theme") is quite possibly the most iconic song in the [Final Fantasy] series. It was put together by Nobuo Uematsu in ten minutes.

This is pretty cool. I love the song even more now.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

WLjeVBnFNuM

Ever since I replied to Ross's thread about game soundtracks, I've been on a serious bender for techno and deep n' dark electronic music in general, namely groups and artists Regis, Rrose, Vatican Shadow, Jock Club, Andy Stott, etc. I've had several experimental/noise/ambient projects in the past, and I'm considering making some of my own music in the minimal techno-vein. Anybody know any good programs for making bassline and percussion-centric music that aren't unfathomable to a musical amateurs such as myself? I've used eJay in the past and really enjoyed using them, despite the limitations. Are any of the later releases in the series worthwhile? I'm juggling two possibilities, either Techno eJay 4 or the more up-to-date eJay Dance 6 reloaded (and maybe eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded, for a vaporwave project I've been hankering to do) but seeing as the last program I played was Techno eJay 2 I'm not sure what to expect of these latest iterations.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'm afraid I'm only experienced in more general DAWs, so there's not much I can say :/ Would be cool to hear what you come up with :)

--

Just made a cover track of a song we did wayy back in College. Sent it off to my mate who sings, and another who's good at guitar solos. Need to tweak the MIDI drums though, but for a 2-hour effort, pretty happy with the results.

By the way, Jeb, where's my challenge tune?! :P

I did a new little thing here. Inspired by 1985 by Carcass.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

That is really quite cool... Though it is just a tad high on the low mids for my taste. (IMO, drop the 65Hz-250Hz range by 4db, and the 250Hz-550Hz by 2db)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That is really quite cool... Though it is just a tad high on the low mids for my taste. (IMO, drop the 65Hz-250Hz range by 4db, and the 250Hz-550Hz by 2db)

Thanks for the tip!

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

I took your tip and applied it to a new mix.

Hey, hey guys, I fixed my recording thing. :D So... I can actually do stuff now!! Hooray!

Thank you to Vappy for editing it a little and fixing the drum track for me. ^_^ Much appreciated, darling. :P

For some reason the computer wasn't happy with the high-pitched sounds so I had to do some weird as editing to make sure it excluded the 'spiked' noises. Anyway, I have a lot of other songs I've recently made to record and upload, but... one at a time! XP

By the way, Jeb, where's my challenge tune?! :P

I've had like... a backlog of other songs to upload. XD So... the next thing I make will be the challenge thingy, but for now... I just want to upload what I've created so far that's not a mess of chords and keys. :P Sorry! XP

-------

I just want to upload what I've created so far that's not a mess of chords and keys. :P Sorry! XP

Looking forward to it! :mrgreen:

@Jeb, oh that was my pleasure, dear! To work on your new music, even though my contribution was really minimal...

But I like that new song so much! Thank you.

But - I should have thought about it... to lower the velocity of all instruments a little bit, maybe to 80% from 100% full loudness. I think it's that what is causing the distortions when rendering. Any sound equipment never works well at 100% (or 0dB) loudness, so it should better be avoided...

Regards