Music General

Yeah, I also feel I need to pause and think for a while because the existing version is still in my head (I've heard in now, what, a hundred times maybe?).

Let's take one step at a time. First - the drums and the intro section, then everything else.

Weird Saxaphone Jazz thing in the middle of the song:

I dislike how it suddenly cuts off at 1:55.

By way of an explanation - the way it is now, the sax solo goes through a local climax and merges with the organ to start building up for the coda. The abrupt change was intentional - as close to creating a feel of a time signature change as I could think of, without actually doing one. I was rather proud of that part, oh well :roll::lol: But when the whole thing will get restructured, maybe sax won't be appropriate at all - we'll see when we get there...

The intro seems a little too bland compared to the rest of the song. when it's just piano at first, it seems like a cute little ballad that a pianist plays at a music festival.

I find that contrast and surprise do a lot for making a piece of music interesting to me. I guess, that's why I like the music I like. Take a look at the intro in this, as an illustration (you only really need to listen to the beginning but I recommend the entire song - it's very good - just don't turn the volume up to 11 in the quiet part of the intro!):

1aCZGM6z9Ls

the organ WILL have to fade in no matter what. With no sudden beat to come in with, the organ will need to fade in to really sound right

Alright, OK, I got it! The organ will fade in. :D

Regards

I made this to represent my love for the piano. X3

Piano

Just a short sketch.

I've taken a look at the Jazz program. It looks so damn old. XP But it's very useful in that it has every sound known to man apparently. XD I played around with it a little, I think I'll mainly be using it to browse the sounds though. Do you know how to split the tracks? :o The thing is, I have 4 tracks, but two of them are connected. So... Treble and bass for two tracks are connect, and the other two treble and bass are connected. And they both use the same sounds, even if you specify it to not. X3 Help, if you understand?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Do you mean you have notes on separate tracks but when you change the instrument on one, the other is also changed with it?

If yes - they are probably set to the same channel (the number in the leftmost column in trackwin shows the channel number). You just need to select a separate channel for each track and you will be able to set instruments on each one independently. You can use any channel from 1 to 16 except 10, which is for drums/percussion.

Regards

P.S. Piano - a Grand-Piano-Serpent? 8-)

Yeah, I noticed the numbers but I don't actually know how to change the numbers. Maybe I'm missing something. :S

And yeah. XP Serpent thing whatever. Hehe.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

If you click on the 2nd cell from the left on a track, it will open a dialog where you can select the channel (and also set instruments) for the track, you can also name the track there.

Regards

Here is the next iteration of Dreaming. At last.

I've also rendered the MIDI to audio on my "reference" machine, to show how it sounded to me when I was tinkering with it. I now know with certainty that there is a big difference in how MIDI is played on different devices, unfortunately.

Here is the link to the audio (it is set to private, so it should be accessed using this specific URL only):

Regards

Dreaming II mod h cut calliope.zip

I now know with certainty that there is a big difference in how MIDI is played on different devices, unfortunately.

It's all based on the instruments that are installed. MIDI can have anything from poor DOS/Nintendo quality instruments, all the way up to real sounding instruments. (I have heard several that sounded like an authentic organ, piano, guitar, and drum set)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Goodness! :D It sounds so good! All the different instruments! Something I'd never dreamed of happening to my compositions. XP I am just a little piano player. >W< I listen through it and every 20 seconds I go; "This instrument would be GREAT for this other song." or "This was the instrument I've been looking for!" XD I am practically living under a rock full of pianos and nothing else. :3 Thank you Vappy.

-------

Thanks! :oops:

I am practically living under a rock

If you move over to under a progressive rock you might find it a more interesting place to be in :D

Regards

My latest composition! Finally, something soft. This one came from a recent dream. :3 I dreamed of me playing the piano. I memorized the patterns and chords, and this came out!

Dove Song MIDI.zip

-------

Lovely! It made me feel relaxed. I could imagine a dove flying over a field with your piece. If i can convert this to mp3, this is going to my iPod.

I've been trying to record a short ambient piece using the keyboard sounds in GarageBand. I'm trying to do something in a style similar to The Endless River by Pink Floyd, but with the keyboards and maybe the chord structure similar to Tony Banks. In the meantime, i'm learning the keyboards while coming up with ideas.

Welp, now what?

OK, at last! The final version of Jeb's Dove Song!

The MIDI is attached and when rendered it sounds like this here.

I had to use a SoundFont-based renderer (Timidity++), with 8MBGMSFX.SF2 font to convert the MIDI to audio. So, in the basic Windows MIDI Synth it will sound slightly different, but should still be fine.

Hope, you'll enjoy it! :D

Regards

dove_song_MIDI_final.zip

:D Gorgeous as always! I've been addicted listening to the Dreaming song you edited though. XP It's so damn good.

Also, I hereby claim, Vappy, as my loyal musician partner.

Together we'll let music free!

And make a piece so sweet.

We'll bring balance to the key

and rhythm to the beat!

We'll challenge the signatures.

And make a chord so fine.

We'll change up the figures.

And make our music shine!

You the treble, me the bass.

Mix to match our line.

A poem, lullaby, single grace.

A marvelous intertwine.

:D

-------

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, That the undersigned, has submitted, assigned and transferred his Musical Soul into the aforementioned Partnership with Jeb_CC, forever hence, free of any claims or counterclaims or property rights and forfeiting any form of consideration.

Signed: Vapymid

Regards :D

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, That the undersigned, has submitted, assigned and transferred his Musical Soul into the aforementioned Partnership with Jeb_CC, forever hence, free of any claims or counterclaims or property rights and forfeiting any form of consideration.

Signed: Vapymid

Regards :D

Seen and signed: JebCC

>W< It's perfect.

Damn you're good with words. It's amazing and gorgeous.

-------

I've had a fixation with music and whatnot for a while but I just now noticed that this thread existed...

Is anyone else here particularly interested in vocal ranges and the like? I've been experimenting with my voice for a while and I guess this thread is the best place to ramble about it. I just now uploaded a clip of myself attempting to hit the lowest note on the piano (A0, frequency of 27 Hz). I used a voice tuner app on my phone to determine the pitch, so it could be wildly inaccurate, but here goes:

yMKdXvU9WhE

I have no formal training aside from watching a few Youtube videos but this has still held my interest for a pretty long time.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

What the fudge, mate. I didn't even realize that was a voice. I thought it was just the feedback of a microphone at first. XD You're really good! I've got a deep voice. But a really small range. When I scream, it's more of a really manly; "WAGHH" Take Ross's scream. That's pretty much my scream. I got hit in the side by a dodgeball once at school. I screamed, a really manly scream, and the whole damn class just sorta looks at me confused. Like; "Was that you!?"

-------

What the fudge, mate. I didn't even realize that was a voice. I thought it was just the feedback of a microphone at first. XD You're really good! I've got a deep voice. But a really small range. When I scream, it's more of a really manly; "WAGHH" Take Ross's scream. That's pretty much my scream. I got hit in the side by a dodgeball once at school. I screamed, a really manly scream, and the whole damn class just sorta looks at me confused. Like; "Was that you!?"

ROFL! :lol::lol::lol:

I can scream, but it's not really as powerful as my standard yelling. (I project enough that I have been able to be understood clearly at over a mile on a quiet & calm day)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.