Music General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XokXGhMrW_8

Hey look! On topic!

It's a drafty version of me playing my song. X3 I bounce a lot when I play my music, mainly because I don't have a seat that's high enough for my keyboard. XD So... Ah well. Also, read the description.

I don't know why my audio cuts out randomly. It only does it two times, and only for a second, so it's not that bad. X3 Tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: My right hand is actually playing a combination of two tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-mNwAIQwg

Here's the computer version. As you can see, 3 tracks in the right hand. XP I just sorta combine till it all sounds the same. Good enough! :lol:

Damn. I wish I had 20 fingers.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XokXGhMrW_8

Hey look! On topic!

It's a drafty version of me playing my song. X3 I bounce a lot when I play my music, mainly because I don't have a seat that's high enough for my keyboard. XD So... Ah well. Also, read the description.

I don't know why my audio cuts out randomly. It only does it two times, and only for a second, so it's not that bad. X3 Tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: My right hand is actually playing a combination of two tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-mNwAIQwg

Here's the computer version. As you can see, 3 tracks in the right hand. XP I just sorta combine till it all sounds the same. Good enough! :lol:

Damn. I wish I had 20 fingers.

I love it! There's so much I want to say about it, but those three words summed it all up for me. Keep up the good work there! :)

Welp, now what?

:D Thank you very much! I'm very thankful. Such kinds word for such a poor performance. >W< I'm going to re-record it today I think. I just won't be happy till I play. The problem with performing... is that I learn by what my friend says is apparently muscle memory. I never THINK about what comes next. I can just DO it. It only takes me 30-60 minutes to learn my songs, another hour to perfect them. As soon as I DO start thinking, I mess up. XD When I play, I just usually... don't... think... X3 I can think outside of music though. I could even think of something that drives me to play the song. Sad song? Sad event? Who knows.

When I was being taught piano, I was always so impatient. She'd give me a song 2 weeks to learn, and I'd just procrastinate it off cause I KNOW I can learn it in about 20 minutes. XD She'd get angry at me for it.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I love how this thread used to be so mixed up. All sorts of different users, different topics. Then Vappy and I practically take it over. XD All doing the same stuff, editing MIDI's, creating more music. We are King and Queen of this thread now. >:D Mwahaha! We rule the land. BTG, you're my personal butler. AP, you're Vappy's butler. X3 And Binky can be the entertainer that wears a silly hat.

My kingdom is now sorted.

More on topic: Once I figure out how to fix my recording software, I'll jump in and create a final recording of my well practiced song. :3 It deserves the most attention since a LOT of work was put into it. I play the non-edited version of it, the edited version being Vappy's creation. I'd need about... 6 other hands to play his creation and maybe another brain. XD My oh my.

-------

And Binky can be the entertainer that wears a silly hat.

995470_10201061316711598_1815456227_n.jpg?oh=70814500c963768084c4e0f62a181b8b&oe=55A12559

I've got a bunch of music in the works. Things are a bit up in the air while I finish off my degree. Come June, I should get back into it.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

AP, you're Vappy's butler.

What are your orders, Master Vapy? :lol:

I'm still working on that little composition I made in Garage Band. I'm still mucking around with the keyboard sounds.

Welp, now what?

This gif I made now finally relates to something.

ZP8DOY3.gif

Mwahaha.

Has everyone called Vapymid just Vapy? Or did I start a trend? XD That'd be awesome if I did.

I look forward to hearing your musical work, friends!

-------

What are your orders, Master Vapy?

I hereby grant you my Royal Assent to finish your composition forthwith. We will discuss your further duties afterwards. :lol:

Has everyone called Vapymid just Vapy? Or did I start a trend? XD

I'm pretty sure it was you. :D

Regards

I love how this thread used to be so mixed up. All sorts of different users, different topics. Then Vappy and I practically take it over. XD All doing the same stuff, editing MIDI's, creating more music. We are King and Queen of this thread now. >:D Mwahaha! We rule the land. BTG, you're my personal butler. AP, you're Vappy's butler. X3 And Binky can be the entertainer that wears a silly hat.

My kingdom is now sorted.

Well, I would have a nice little electronic song similar to Tubular Bells, but I haven't gotten around to installing the software required to compose it. (I highly recommend giving a listen to Tubular Bells at FLAC quality at least once if you're planning on making music)

As for butler, I'm cool with that, as long as you don't mind me wearing a Larry the Cable Guy style tux.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So I'm thinking of putting all my MIDI work into one big zip file, and also making MP3 versions of them to give to people. :3

X3 I don't want to charge money. That's awful.

I accept donations though. XD I'm sorry, I'm greedy I know.

Once I'm done making it, I'll slap my name on it, call it mine and then post it places. Probably just here cause I'm kind of a loner when it comes to the internet. X3 I see people with like... 10,000 followers. And I'm here like; "Oh look, my boyfriend just followed me! Hooray!" XD

I don't know why I expect people to even follow/watch me on social media though. X3 I post f*ck all. My last post was probably in December last year.

-------

Would any of you enjoy watching/hearing me sing a song I made? XP If not, I won't bother making a video. I've never really decided to randomly sing in front of an audience. In fact, I've only really sung to my family. X3 So. Only if any of you are interested.

-------

X3 Okay. You should lower your volume. It's 9pm, I tried to be quiet, didn't work. XP

I don't even know if I sing good or not. XD But uh, I added lyrics. X3 Not the best. But it goes off of the dream I had.

(See Dream thread for where I talk about that 'dome' dream if you want)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O63xgk4Zmk

Sorry if I sound awful. :S

Can't you see how much I care

How much worth, that I am.

In this world, in this town.

I just can't seem to find the words,

to express, how I feel.

In this place, in this cage.

I know there's much to learn.

Seeking heroes and wasting power.

I know there's no escape.

But there's reasons to explain just how much I care.

But there's reasons to show just how much I care.

Can't you see how much this hurts.

How much pain, that I have.

In this world, in this town.

I just can't seem to find the worst,

of complaints, where I live,

In this place, in this cage.

-------

You have a beautiful voice... Now you just need to practice with it. ;) (and not try to be quiet)

:D Thank you!

X3 I for some reason can't stand listening to my voice. I don't hate it. XD I know I don't sound terrible. I dunno, I'm weird.

But sure, practice. I've never had singing lessons before so. :S It explains my awful breathing and me randomly going quite. XD

I don't know why I'd need to practice though. X3 Music's my hobby. Not my job.

-------

Even as a hobby, you could conceivably make money from it. (I think your voice is that good)

You're too kind!

Here, a composition heavily edited by a school friend. Many thanks to him!

Doing what I do best (dream), let's see where this takes me:

(So far this post has taken me 3 hours to put together. Fudgit.)

I even sketched a little. CRAPPY SKETCHES MIND YOU. But they're just for communicating images.

DO: Listen to the music as you read this and view the pictures. It makes it a whole lot better. Trust me.

Re-listen and re-read if you have to get it to sink in.

00:15-00:32

A very strange waltz. An evil corrupted waltz. A man and a woman, dancing together, hands to hands and feet working in harmony. But there's something going on. A clear conflict between the two. Almost like they're trying to out-best each other. (Sorta relates to the title) But there's also something else. Something dark. Hidden away by their stubborn glares and stares.

00:32-01:04

A nightmarish laboratory, filled with devilish experiments and evil doings. Inhumane acts and punishments. Struggling victims and tormented slaves. Cries of help and screams of pain. But there's no blood. The laboratory is almost completely clean. Other than the multiple spilled chemicals laying on the tiled floor. And an evil wicked man hunches over his chemistry work, laughing to himself as if his own voice pleased him and made him laugh even more. And around him is cages of all of his test subjects. All harmed in some sort of way. Men, women, even children... Horrific.

http://i.imgur.com/jjnxFiA.png

01:04-01:36

A man running around the streets, observing all the mysterious things he discovers. All the treacherous evil things that are happening. Pillaging, stealing, vandalizing. A city in chaos. Reaping the day it was built, to be used and shortly after abused. The city of which to be the salvation of the human race, now shredded by the chaos that wrecks havoc in every alley and every crevice. Smashed windows, burning cars. The man is stunned, horrified, and all he can do is run, hoping to find safety and comfort. But there's nothing. The insane rule the streets and the sane are left dead on the road. Blood flows down the drains, women are kidnapped and all the man can think is; "God why me"

01:36-02:30

The trapped girl in the laboratory, strapped to the metal table. Her eyes grow into a deep dark red and black stain and a wicked smile grows on her face as the chemicals are injected into her skin against her will. But there, the mistake of the man that had contained her as she breaks free of her chains and restraints. The chemicals lay a mess on the ground and the girl is left half corrupted, angry as she grabs the man and throws him onto the ground. She picks up the nearest injection and jabs it into his eye, a gush of blood spewing onto the floor. And she doesn't regret a thing as she stumbles out of the laboratory, leaving the man to cower and scream on the floor. You can hear her maniacal screams and laughter from the street.

http://i.imgur.com/Iy3C4nc.png

http://i.imgur.com/x5lPQ92.png

02:30-Till end

The waltz continues, the woman and man becoming more aggressive in their stance. The pace quickens and their feet continue to try and chase each other. The woman seems to be becoming more and more aggravated. Impatient. She lets go of him, takes a step back and glares at him. She grins, laughs and takes out a pistol. Showing the barrel to the man, she fires and the whole population in the building flee.

And there she stands over the pool of blood. The authority of the city now gone, now in her control. Her wish complete. The whole city turns to rioting, resulting in the chaos, murders, looting and rape. With no laws, people are kidnapped, medically controlled, turned into something seen as monsters. And for months, the woman waits for the city to die out. And anyone left, she uses for her idea. Her idea of a new controlled city, for hers to control. The ignition of the chaos in the dome.

http://i.imgur.com/nDrTg1Q.png

(Yes, this is heavily related to my Dome dream.)

GOSH THIS IS DARK. DAMN. I'M SORRY. XD

Eh. I get lost in thought when I listen to songs. I'm one of those; "There must be a deeper meaning..." kinda person. XD I apologize. I know a lot of people are more straightforward-like.

X3 I hope whoever reads it/listens to it likes it though! And my art. XP My crappy sketches.

BEAT THIS.zip

-------

Instead of dreading my old compositions, I'm going to heavily edit them into my newer style of composing. X3

Cause... at the moment I'm not feeling too creative in the music department.

EDIT: Here we go. An old song turned into something. The copy is edited instruments. X3 It sound reeeaally cool.

I seem to name my songs after whatever comes to mind. XD They're kinda placeholders till I have a better title. I mean, once I named a composition; "Round". ._.

Darkness.zip

-------

I mean, once I named a composition; "Round". ._.

If it sounded round, then I can't think of a better title myself.