DOTA 2 Announcer pack submitted!

It is of the UTMOST importance to upload either a trailer or just samples. SERIOUSLY. Some people have no idea what they'd be voting for. Choose lines that your fans would like but also choose lines that are funny by themselves.

It's good that the Freeman character can actually exist without the Half Life universe. So try choosing lines that would make any person laugh, not just the fans.

That's exactly what I'm going to do, I need more time though. I have an idea for a trailer I think everyone will like.

Speaking of which, if any of you are frequent DOTA players and could provide me with demos of games with times where certain events happen (I'll be making a list of stuff I'm looking for), go ahead and email me about it. You don't have to be an especially good player, just have been in a game where there was a lot of good action.

VERY IMPORTANT

You have uploaded it into the wrong category! No one can find it in the workshop without knowing what they are looking for. You put it in other, but there is an "Announcer" subsection.

VERY IMPORTANT

You have uploaded it into the wrong category! No one can find it in the workshop without knowing what they are looking for. You put it in other, but there is an "Announcer" subsection.

Could you tell me how to do that then? These are the options I saw when submitting:

18dqb7.jpg

I also checked "Ability", but that doesn't seem to be what I want. Also I know I must sound illiterate by this point, but I can't find the option to change the tags for the item on Steam.

Speaking of which, if any of you are frequent DOTA players and could provide me with demos of games with times where certain events happen (I'll be making a list of stuff I'm looking for), go ahead and email me about it. You don't have to be an especially good player, just have been in a game where there was a lot of good action.

You can go to the "Watch" tab and then click "Live games" and check out what random games you can spectate there. And I think you can download the match replay after, but I've never attempted that. If no one sends in a match. :D

Hope this works out for you Ross! I'm really looking forward to this I even finally got a credit card for this reason(sort of).

And do you per any chance know how many positive votes you need? If not(would do this in any case) then I'll go on a search for DotA players and FM fans in my city!

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

You need to make some sort of preview video Ross, otherwise people aren't even going to vote for it.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Woot, 1000 votes! This should get approved in no time!

Plus, just imagine how many more you will get when you release that trailer!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Crap, I just saw one of the announcer packs in workshop had 5 stars and almost 9000 votes! Just how long is it gonna take for Valve to implement this pack? I didn't think this would interfere too much with the rest of Mr. Scott's content, but now you have to produce a trailer. I just hope you find time in between all this to work on ep 49... and relax of course we all need our sleep. Good luck with this announcer pack getting through I hope you complete it soon!

Crap, I just saw one of the announcer packs in workshop had 5 stars and almost 9000 votes! Just how long is it gonna take for Valve to implement this pack? I didn't think this would interfere too much with the rest of Mr. Scott's content, but now you have to produce a trailer. I just hope you find time in between all this to work on ep 49... and relax of course we all need our sleep. Good luck with this announcer pack getting through I hope you complete it soon!
Yeah, unfortunately this is stalling Episode 49 some. Since there wasn't clear documentation on the procedure for this, I put this up prematurely, so now I'm scrambling to get a trailer together. I'm not half-assing this though, I want to make sure it's decent. I'm TRYING to get the trailer done by Friday (I was going for Thursday, but that's looking unrealistic), but these things can have unexpected delays. I'll make a new post on the site once the trailer is up.

The trailer is done except for some custom titles I'm waiting on from someone helping in After Effects. After I have those, I'll put it up.

The trailer is done except for some custom titles I'm waiting on from someone helping in After Effects. After I have those, I'll put it up.

Yay! Never doubt a someone who values his/her work's quality and not do a rush job to get quick cash grabs.

Maybe that's why art majors end up at Starbucks but hey that's not the point I'm trying to make :lol:

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Well the good news is that it's one of the featured items on the dota2 workshop. And it seems a lot of people are voting on it and commenting. Over 1,200 favorites and 27,000 views. Hope it gets published.