Freeman's Mind Announcer Pack Trailer (for DOTA 2)

After my stumbling launch from last week, I finally have a trailer to go with the announcer pack I've submitted to Valve for DOTA 2. Check it out here!

For everyone who voted for this without seeing the trailer, thanks. For everyone else, GO VOTE FOR IT ON STEAM RIGHT NOW. Here's the link below:

VOTE RIGHT NOW OMG

1920x1080 x264 MKV (101MB) Download

Don't just vote yourself, try to get friends, relatives, pets, to vote for this pack. I want to see Jacksonian democracy in action here. I'm tempted to hold the next Freeman's Mind episode hostage until this gets at least 10k votes on Steam (I won't though).

For everyone who wants more information than just the preview trailer, here are some highlights:

-Normal lines for every standard situation in the game

-MANY alternate lines for most events in the game (attacking, destroying, denying enemy towers / barracks, etc.)

-Database configured so that you won't be spammed with the same alternate lines every game, it's spaced out a lot so it will likely take many games to hear them all.

What this pack does NOT have (yet):

-Lines for specific items bought

-Lines for specific heroes selected

-Even more alternate lines

I would have added many more lines, but Valve put the cap for submission at 600 lines, so that's what I sent. If I can actually get this in the Steam store, I'll support it as long as people are interested. I'm also willing to change or add things based on player feedback, so it can keep growing even after it's released. You know what separates me from other announcers out there? I'M DESPERATE.

ADHD version: CLICK ON THE LINK AND VOTE FOR THIS ON STEAM!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Yeah you can thank Xenowar for about half of the gameplay shots there, he provided the demos for me. He's in the credits, but since it's a minute and a half trailer, I made the credits pretty brief.

If this thing snowballs into Valve taking notice and adding a Freeman's Mind filter to Half Life 3 officially, I totally called it first here.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

That line at the end was priceless. From the trailer I'm very impressed. I love playing dota, and I'm really hoping this announcer pack does get published. Gonna try to get my dota friends to rate it up on the workshop. Did Valve ever give any insight as to how many up votes is required to get something published? There's gotta be at least one Freeman's Mind fan over at valve that'll spread the word around the office.

That line at the end was priceless. From the trailer I'm very impressed. I love playing dota, and I'm really hoping this announcer pack does get published. Gonna try to get my dota friends to rate it up on the workshop. Did Valve ever give any insight as to how many up votes is required to get something published? There's gotta be at least one Freeman's Mind fan over at valve that'll spread the word around the office.
No idea, I'm not even sure lots of votes are any guarantee it will get published, but I figure maybe I can get their attention then.

Have you added this line "I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes, ordering you to open!" or something like that, because this is one of my most favorite lines.

Btw great job on trailer, really liking it :)

Well I was looking into the Steam Greenlight FAQ, which is for indie games that are trying to get published, and it specifically said that "X" number of votes does not equate to a game being published. It said that the main thing was that the voters showed that they really genuinely were interested in buying the product if it were to get published. I"ll assume the same thing applies to workshop items. From the looks of the comments people are voicing that they REALLY want this announcer pack. So I'm hoping for the best. What saddens me is it'll probably be at least a month before it gets published. I just saw Queen of Pain item set get published and put up for sale that was in the workshop about a month ago or so. I can't wait that long! :P

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck Ross. I really hope this announcer pack goes through. If it does I'll buy like, 5 copies of it and gift them all to my friends. :D

Just to be sure, "vote" means "rate" with a thumbs up, right? Just want to make sure I'm not clicking a meaningless "like" button.

I did the vote up before, and it didn't show a favorite button before, but I clicked it now...

Near as I can tell, there have been no down votes, and over 1800 people besides me have it favorited.

Epic trailer, love the lines, will buy when it's available. Someone above said something about a HL3 overlay that they hope for, well I don't know if Valve will do it, but I hope they at least throw your voice in there somewhere...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sigh, I hate to say it, but it sounds like you rushed the lines on many in the video. Forgive me, I want you to succeed, but I felt as if you were just reading them instead of acting. The police joke was great, and the kill level calls, but, I'm sorry, I think that you might want to go over them again, at least for the demo.

And I would love the House of Pancakes joke in there too. Good call!

Sigh, I hate to say it, but it sounds like you rushed the lines on many in the video. Forgive me, I want you to succeed, but I felt as if you were just reading them instead of acting. The police joke was great, and the kill level calls, but, I'm sorry, I think that you might want to go over them again, at least for the demo.

And I would love the House of Pancakes joke in there too. Good call!

:roll: You can't please everyone, can you?

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

:(

6140 votes, 2100 favorites, I think you're going to succeed with this pack Ross...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.