Questions on Freeman's Durability

Actually, BTG, it can't be 2012. It's 200X. That means 2000-2009. The two and both zeroes are absolutely confirmed.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

So pest, what if it's in 2001? Or 2005?

If it's in 2000/2001, the "crappy armor" theory holds less weight, as the War on Terror began in late 2001. 2005/2006* MIGHT work, depending on the armor quality of US troops at the time.

*2006 could be a year for the "HK53" theory, though.

2006 is forbidden to mention. We all know why.

:?::| I of confused.

Essentially, the joke was that there was no joke. You didn't mention 2006 (or other years, but using just that one makes it sound more random), so I made it sound like there was something that kept it forbidden from being mentioned, when really there wasn't.

I thought it was the release of Episode 1... Maybe other people don't hate it as much as I do.

(And hey, RandomGuy, making any progress in Half-Life 2? Or did I turn up the difficulty too much?)

I thought it was the release of Episode 1... Maybe other people don't hate it as much as I do.

(And hey, RandomGuy, making any progress in Half-Life 2? Or did I turn up the difficulty too much?)

I actually liked it... I guess most people do, given its ratings and reviews.

Nope. I haven't even updated the mod as of yet (nor have I posted in the relevant thread, but you know that part). I'll probably do so soon, just playing other games right now. Also, every time a new Freeman's Mind episode comes out, I just feel the need to go back and play HL:S, starting from where the episode ended, so that's taken up my Half-Life-craving side lately. Not sure why. I guess so I can see how much of the game is left.

It was the evacuation segment at the end that I didn't like. It just went on, and on, and on, and ON.

And yeah, I understand. And my mod is presently somewhere between "challenging" and "murderous", so I won't rush you too much to dive into it.

Consider that the HECU are supposed to be elite soldiers. They probably have better armor then current US troops at the time.

They're only as elite as a standard US Marine. The "elite" part comes from their (assumed) better training in "hazardous environments".

HECU was a name given by Gearbox not Valve and is only mentioned in Opposing Force and Blue Shift thus it can be considered non-cannon.

It makes far more sense that Black Mesa had it's own military base in it's campus as it would make sense why we see Tanks inside Lambda Core etc.

Since it's an old goverment missle base it needs to be protected from those sneaky bad communists during the cold war and would have

normal soldiers residing.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

HECU was a name given by Gearbox not Valve and is only mentioned in Opposing Force and Blue Shift thus it can be considered non-cannon.

Anything in the Gearbox expansions is canon unless otherwise contradicted, so the HECU is canon.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.