FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 49

IIIa will protect against standard and +P (overpressure) rounds, but not the +P+ (over-overpressure) semi-AP rounds that are used in military applications now. AP type rounds in handguns are illegal for civilians to own, so their listing on a chart for body armor (the same stuff it's designed to go through) is rather pointless.

Well that's weird, it's not illegal to own weapons that are designed to penetrate body armour.

And I'm pretty sure it is legal to own a Desert Eagle in America, which I believe shoots armour piercing bullets anyway.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

DE is legal to own and use... It only fires a .50 AE round, it won't get through class IIIa armor without custom ammo.

The thing with comparing AP ammunition to the weapons capable of penetrating armor is that the rounds are always the deciding factor. Any high-velocity round will go through IIIa armor, this includes the standard rounds for every hunting rifle on the planet, (.22lr rifles are considered "varmint rifles" and are not in this category) and several handguns. AP ammunition is designed solely for military (usually handgun and super-heavy weapons) use to penetrate armor to kill a person, and is relatively useless for anything else. (and it has so much trouble killing with a single AP round through armor that it almost always requires multiple rounds)

Many don't know this, but as long as you aren't in California, int the USA it's perfectly legal to own and shoot any firearm available, provided it does not have automatic or burst fire capability. (which for an AK-47 only requires a modification to one small part; costs less than $50 and 5 minutes to turn a civilian semi-auto into a military full-auto) There are certain limitations to the availability of sound suppressors, but only if you don't make them yourself. There is also an old law that many think is still in effect concerning the number of rounds allowed in a magazine, but right now magazine size is limited only in California. (10 rounds per magazine max, no limit elsewhere) California also requires a magazine release safety to be installed on guns, but nowhere else does.

** I like to do lots of research into firearms and ammunition, (I'm not an expert yet, but I'd like to be) so everyone ask me more questions concerning them. :) (Ask here: http://www.accursedfarms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5915)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Question: How did you progress after the Marine tosses the satchel and you run to the pool? I seem to remember he just opened up the door after doing so, and you got to shoot him and progress.

Question: How did you progress after the Marine tosses the satchel and you run to the pool? I seem to remember he just opened up the door after doing so, and you got to shoot him and progress.

Well, I can't wait to see what he does.

honestly I can't believe how dangerously close ross looks to Gordon freeman. I think I might have saw an updated picture along with one of his interviews and all I can say is... "aw man you cut the ponytail...sell out"

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

honestly I can't believe how dangerously close ross looks to Gordon freeman. I think I might have saw an updated picture along with one of his interviews and all I can say is... "aw man you cut the ponytail...sell out"

As for now, Ross has lots of material for a ponytail ;)

Ross2012.jpg

It's a photo from last year but not much has changed as for the haircut 8-)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

you seriously have no idea what I was quoting do you princess... it was a line from the beginning level of black mesa

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

I thought you saw his picture from an older interview and if you commented like that I assumed you saw him with short hair. Otherwise he can make a ponytail anytime :P I've been playing Black Mesa much too much not to remember this quote.

I think we're going offtopic here...

That's all I'll say in the "hairstyle" matter :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^