General gun info

One thing I have yet to see anybody talk about is just how many guns this country has. we have 1 gun per citizen in this country and I'm pretty sure that's more than any other country. It's more than fucking Somalia. I'm 90% sure the biggest contributing factors to gun-related crime in this country are culture and availability. I see lots of folks talking about how a criminal will get a gun either way, but not about just how many guns exist on the market. They're fucking everywhere, why don't we try to knock that number down a notch?

the name's riley

One thing I have yet to see anybody talk about is just how many guns this country has. we have 1 gun per citizen in this country and I'm pretty sure that's more than any other country. It's more than fucking Somalia. I'm 90% sure the biggest contributing factors to gun-related crime in this country are culture and availability. I see lots of folks talking about how a criminal will get a gun either way, but not about just how many guns exist on the market. They're fucking everywhere, why don't we try to knock that number down a notch?

Why? A quick search shows that the gun industry employs around 300,000 people. Knocking down the number of guns sold in a remarkable way will get a lot of those people out of jobs (with the usual things it entails) for the potential to prevent a school shootings, which in itself is unreliable as the shooter might use a gun that is already in their house or an alternative like a knife or car to commit a massacre.

That is very much a political discussion, please restrict that sort of conversation to the Gun Control thread. This thread is for discussing the weapons themselves, not relating to politics.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That is very much a political discussion, please restrict that sort of conversation to the Gun Control thread. This thread is for discussing the weapons themselves, not relating to politics.

That's where I meant to post it. It doesn't help that the threads were right next to each other and had similar titles.

the name's riley

Though I personally don't see the similarity in thread names apart from one 3 letter word, and the same starting letter, I'll accept that it may appear that way for someone else. Maybe reading the previous post before posting could help you determine what you're posting to... (I made it very clear in my necropost that this was not the thread for political topics)

Though I personally don't see the similarity in thread names apart from one 3 letter word, and the same starting letter, I'll accept that it may appear that way for someone else. Maybe reading the previous post before posting could help you determine what you're posting to... (I made it very clear in my necropost that this was not the thread for political topics)

That's specifically what confused me though, because both threads were bumped by you.

the name's riley

Hello friend. I thought I'd ask you something, as you seem an amiable fellow. I, like many good ol' american boys, hope to some day go to a range and rent a full auto to make some noise with. In most videos I see, people shooting a full auto for the first time have an instructor right next to them. I assume this is because they are difficult to control. I haven't forgotten that news story a bunch of years ago, when that ten year old girl accidentally blew up her instructor's head with a full auto Uzi because she lost control of it (Deepest apologies if that's too political. I only bring it up because that kind of thing worries me, because as much as I like fun, I like safety more.) I'd like to ask if you think a normal adult has anything to fear from going full auto, even in a controlled environment. I don't have 10 year old girl arms, and I have about two years of safe recreational shooting under my belt. Maybe I worry too much.

General Gun Information?

Well I guess it would be interesting to know about the .475 Wildey Magnum, one of the most powerful handguns in the world, as demonstrated by our lord and savior Charles Bronson:

Bronson_2.gif

It was designed to be a hunting round, with the velocity at 100 yards being the equivalent of the muzzle velocity of the .44 Magnum. The actual cartridge itself is a scaled down design of the African big game cartridge.

The Pistol has only been primarily seen in the film Death Wish 3, where Charles Bronson (being the real life owner of the pistol in question) uses it with deadly accuracy to a homicidal effect against hundreds of suspiciously multicultural thugs and muggers.

latest?cb=20110305155647

Of course to you, it's a "Why does that Howitzer have a handle and trigger?"

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Hello friend. I thought I'd ask you something, as you seem an amiable fellow. I, like many good ol' american boys, hope to some day go to a range and rent a full auto to make some noise with. In most videos I see, people shooting a full auto for the first time have an instructor right next to them. I assume this is because they are difficult to control. I haven't forgotten that news story a bunch of years ago, when that ten year old girl accidentally blew up her instructor's head with a full auto Uzi because she lost control of it (Deepest apologies if that's too political. I only bring it up because that kind of thing worries me, because as much as I like fun, I like safety more.) I'd like to ask if you think a normal adult has anything to fear from going full auto, even in a controlled environment. I don't have 10 year old girl arms, and I have about two years of safe recreational shooting under my belt. Maybe I worry too much.

The reason an instructor is required is because unless you took the 7+ years to get the licence, it is illegal to own a fully automatic weapon, and possession of one is tightly controlled. If you were to run off with it, or lose control, the owner is liable.

The only thing I would say to help keep you from losing control on first use is: fire in short bursts, and if it even slightly feels like you're losing it, let off the trigger.

General Gun Information?Of course to you, it's a "Why does that Howitzer have a handle and trigger?"

Probably the original reason was "why not?". Now, it's more of a "I could hunt with this" or "there is nobody in their right mind that would break in if they knew I had this and was willing to use it". It's also one of the few sidearms that is actually useful if a bear decides to attack you.

FBiIWuQNQHU

XboxAhoy is one of my favorite creators on youtube, and his Iconic Arms series is definitely something worth checking out, so I'm gonna post some of them in this "General Gun Information" forum for your benifit.

And another one:

Q9JoHzlIAqs

This one I have actually fired before. Kicks like a mule, but has some very deadly accuracy.

Truly the "Right Arm of the Free World"

If someone could expand upon this bad boy, the '93 Pieper carbine, I would love them to the moon and back. If not, I might have to pick up the mantle myself in the far future. I mean, I'm going to probably end up going to school for mechanical engineering anyway, so I figure hopefully firearms are still legal in the US by 2040 so I can start producing them after getting experience working for... like, Franklin or something.

11003586_1.jpg

Looks like it's got a lot going for it, but the ammo was holding it back. May very well have become a standard if not for the expensive hard to find and make ammo.

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.