Gorilla Gong!

I, uh

I think he's roleplaying

:roll: He doesn't have anything better to do than causing a mess and taking Ross's precious time for bullsh*t!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

:roll: He doesn't have anything better to do than causing a mess and taking Ross's precious time for bullsh*t!

I mean, he did clearly state that his post was "in character", which I assume is the character of Gordon Freeman

and I suppose he's referencing Freeman's Mind as some sort of snuff film that he doesn't think the world should see?

I'm not entirely sure, honestly, but I don't think any harm was meant by it

I mean, he did clearly state that his post was "in character", which I assume is the character of Gordon Freeman

and I suppose he's referencing Freeman's Mind as some sort of snuff film that he doesn't think the world should see?

I'm not entirely sure, honestly, but I don't think any harm was meant by it

That's not the first time he caused some mess on the forum... No excuse for this one either!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Ha, well I'm declaring a new rule of no more roleplaying on news post threads. He's unfortunately a little too good at it or else we're not quite as sharp as we should be. Either way, we'll hopefully have better communication from now on.

i just want to say i'm sorry i got everyone all confused. I only meant to make a joke that even I now see made no sense. Sorry...

And no the original point was not to waste time.

Well thanks Ross! I watched two videos that were approved by you(yeah I know that I shouldn't be filtering videos like that) and I really liked them so now I have another mini YouTube in which to waste valuable hours of my life.

P.S.

I don't mean that as a bad thing.And also I apologize about poorly describing the videos I'm at a low creativity period :( .

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

A welcomed initiative! I listed my machinimas in the suggestion thread. Is that all I have to do?
Yeah, we appreciate it, it will make things easier on us.

Well thanks Ross! I watched two videos that were approved by you(yeah I know that I shouldn't be filtering videos like that) and I really liked them so now I have another mini YouTube in which to waste valuable hours of my life.
Well there are some good other picks too. I highly recommend "Grandma is Coming", "Spider Friend", and "Up In Smoke" on the site. I would have picked them if I had known about them, I think they're brilliant.

As for my picks, they'll vary. Right now I'll confess, because it's launch, I'm going to load it with the best machinima I know of, then once I run out of that, I'll move on to the "good" or "okay" (unless we get new picks that are good). In the future we hope to have a user "favorites" section. Once that happens, I'll have a list of all my absolute favorites if you really want to discriminate. No matter how you slice it, we will NOT be loading anything we consider "bad." I think in time it will get easier as we'll have more people submitting videos, so it we'll have more good picks to choose from.

Awesome, been looking at some of the videos for games I recognize for the past couple of days. Saw a really good one and wanted to sign up to rate, but I couldn't because somehow I'm too young. xD Already sent a message using the contact form though, since this isn't exactly the most appropriate place for feedback of that sort. :P

This is neat, I like the idea of filling the void left when Machinima basically moved to YouTube entirely and lost its way.

I have a question to all. Does gorillagong.com load slowly for you? I am seeing 5+ second load times per web page. I think I would like the site better if I didn't have to spend half a day loading pages. I tried without ad-block on and it still did not help. =(

I get 4 seconds from send request (click on page link) to full page loaded. Not long at all for something with embedded video.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a question to all. Does gorillagong.com load slowly for you? I am seeing 5+ second load times per web page. I think I would like the site better if I didn't have to spend half a day loading pages. I tried without ad-block on and it still did not help. =(
It's been slow for me too unfortunately. I checked in with the guy running it, he says half the time it's the host, the other half it's been spam attempts (I know he does have aggressive anti-spam software though). It is unfortunate, but my guess is we won't have the resources to upgrade the hosting for a while. Stuff like this is why we're still in beta.

Hmmmm. Have you ever seen Spoony's Phantasmagoria 2 Let's Play? It's pretty old, and I'm not sure if it could even go up here (maybe it could, but I don't know the legal details of Spoony's videos after leaving TGWTG), but it's worth looking at either way.

Hey, just a quick update. With the exception of scary machinima (we'll post as many as we can find this month), we may be scaling down to 2 videos a day for the near future until we get more traffic + suggestions coming in. We plan to bump it up again later, but we want to make sure there are new videos every day and we might burn through our reserves a little too fast at 3 a day.