Game Dungeon Wish List

How about Abe's Oddysee? That's always a good one, and it's wacky enough that I'd think Ross would be interested in it.

Omg yes. I would LOVE to see that.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

D/Generation seems like a great fit for an episode. It's an obscure isometric DOS action/puzzle game that's rather unusual, balls hard, and has an interesting ending. Plus it'd be interesting to compare to the recent Steam remake (which looks rather terrible).

Reading through this list of games brought back a lot of memories. Thought I'd add a few that I think would be interesting.

Hardwar: the Future is Greedy

Haven't touched it in years, and the last time I tried it was an absolute nightmare to get to run. Looking it up, apparently applying the official v2.whatever patch to the demo unlocks the entire game, sans videos and a few textures. The intro video speaks for itself, I think:

Up1Pgkv5sgg

Traffic Department 2192

Futuristic police vehicular homicide simulator? I only had the shareware version back in the day, but it was still pretty fun. Lots of naughty words.

Powerslave

The DOS version's strafing is broken. It was the reason I never finished it. I quite liked the game, other than that.

The Gold Box Series

Okay, these are hardly "obscure". Also, most of them are available on Good Ol' Games. Don't know how big into D&D Ross is, though.

Some other people also mentioned Albion and Skyroads, which I would also recommend. Not sure how long an episode you could get out of the latter, unless he also included Kosmonaut and Xmas Special in it.

And, one last one: Magus. No link to a MobyGames page for this particular game called Magus, because there isn't one. It's a rogue-like done by a fellow named Ronny Wester. I played the hell out of this game back in the day. I don't know if it's Game Dungeon material since I'm not even sure it has a story. It does have duck mages, though. Finding it isn't all that difficult, and it's always been freeware.

Speedy Eggbert, aka Speedy Blupi:

kBas60H.png

fnfgrFo.png

pcqsNmw.png

yJHAgiN.png

CdUovPh.png

This is an old game I played (with the level editor of) when I was a kid. I showed it off to a friend of mine, and they told me this was the most Ross' Game Dungeon game they'd ever seen.

Kronolog: The Nazi Paradox, a 1993 DOS adventure game with average gameplay, but a highly intriguing alt-history Nazi victory setting. The European version is called "Red Hell" and substitutes Nazis for Soviets.

Spooky Castle/Dr. Lunatic

Came bundled on EB games CDs in the early 2000s, hours of top down cartoon hammer throwing action. Very entertaining, and still available for purchase from the dev's website.

Robot Arena 2

Fun game to kill a couple hours (robots) with, not much else to it.

The Bard's Tale

Quality action, a little grindy at points, but good game overall. I think Tommy Tallarico did the music to it?

Crusader: No Remorse/Regret

Hyperviolent. This is what you get if you look up the phrase "90's isometric sci-fi shooter" in a dictionary.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Almost all of the games I mention are DOS Box, so if you are looking for really old games, I'm your man. These are some of my favorite games growing up. Some of these are Abandonware.

Jetpack: 2D platformer with good level editor

Surprisingly wide variety of levels. Each level is different and interesting. No music.

Descent: 3D hovercraft/flight sim shooter

Great LAN multiplayer game with satisfying combat, and wild, mad dashes to the exit after each level. Interesting and varied soundtrack, but different instrument sets can make or break each track (Midi?). Also, the difficulty adjustment is excellent. Easy is ridiculously easy, and Insane is basically impossible.

Coaster: Build and ride your own roller coaster

A fairly simple coaster builder where you can ride your coaster and get feedback from several characters.

One Must Fall: Think Mortal Combat with robots

Hazardous arena, fun music, and either tournament or single player gameplay.

Albion: RPG with turn based combat, and 3D first person dungeons

Story is okay, but the dungeons are interesting and engaging. Mild kleptomania.

Raptor, Call of the Shadows: Top down arcade style airplane shooter

Interesting area/backrounds (Including an awesome night level), and upgrading your ship between levels.

Blade of Darkness (Not Dos box): 3rd person hack n slash game.

Movement system is a little klunky, but the fight mechanics are pretty good. Story is standard "Ancient Evil" thing. Excellent and varied environments which can strongly influence fights.

...huh, you know what really seems like a Game Dungeony game?

JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain.

I swear. For real. That shit was my childhood. It's a legitimately atmospheric and memorable game.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth!

That or Shadow of the Comet. I'd be happy with either :)

You know, I'm thinking about creating a technology company whose name would make people think about winding roads, technology and all the "E" online mambo-jumbo. It should be called: "Path-E-Tech".

Bonkheads. It's basically Mario bros but with trolls and actual level variation. Runs under windows 7, but requires compatibility mode

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

Ed Hunter

Iron Maiden based Video game

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I would love to see the Sanitarium pc game by dreamforge entertainment. It's a top-down psychological thriller horror game released in 1998 (and actually just got an ios port in 2015 but i havent looked at it) and seems right up his alley! I consider it to be a flawed yet ultimately engrossing and satisfying experience, and the story always keeps you guessing up until the end, so i can't really say too much in terms of the plot because it's better you know as little as possible when going into it. It is, in my opinion, an underrated gem of the late 90's and got released just as adventure games were dying out so didn't get the attention i think it deserves, and it f*cked me up as a kid haha.

One of the very first areas is a town where all the children playing and living there are being deformed by some hideous disease and all the adults are missing, along with a barn that no-one is allowed to enter until 'mother' has finished resting.

Heres a plot synopsis according to wikipedia:

"After a car accident knocks him unconscious, a man awakens from a coma to find that he has been admitted to a derelict sanitarium and that he cannot remember who he is or where he came from, or how he came to be there, though his fellow inmates seem to know him simply as "Max". As he delves deeper into the asylum's corridors in search of answers, Max finds himself transported to various obscure and otherworldly locations: a small town inhabited only by malformed children and overlooked by a malevolent entity known only as "Mother", a demented circus surrounded by an endless ocean, and an alien hive overrun by robotic parasites, to name a few. As he traverses these unfamiliar and bizarre landscapes, his memories slowly rebuild themselves, forcing him to relive the fate of his younger sister Sarah years ago, and the real reason behind his institutionalization."

Its currently 10$ on GOG

https://www.gog.com/game/sanitarium

I don't know, maybe someone already posted this, but how about Star Wars: Republic Commando?

latest?cb=20081219154952

Also Future Cop: L.A.P.D.

I just can say, that it's interesting and fun to play a third-person shooter, which reward you with pretty good cutscene when you beat a level.

Futurecop.jpg?fit=250%2C298

3829_back.jpg

I bet almost no one in this forum play this game, but i could be wrong

The game is called Fort Zombie before dead state and other zombie base games you have to survive by looting shops and guns and other things among other survivors but here's the things it's an action RPG

heres two videos for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-mWQdQ3Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNAeJB5kUg

the game need Nvidia physx to play and let me tell you its like its bad but in a good way kind of bad and note when they made this game they made it basically for Halloween and made the game in like 2 months

but for what it is its a game that could been so much better with time and a bigger budget the game dead state is proof of this and that game was made after this game

btw you can't buy the game anywhere now its like gone, gone from every online game and software site so if you want the file go look for it or ask me

I bet almost no one in this forum play this game, but i could be wrong

The game is called Fort Zombie before dead state and other zombie base games you have to survive by looting shops and guns and other things among other survivors but here's the things it's an action RPG

heres two videos for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-mWQdQ3Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNAeJB5kUg

the game need Nvidia physx to play and let me tell you its like its bad but in a good way kind of bad and note when they made this game they made it basically for Halloween and made the game in like 2 months

but for what it is its a game that could been so much better with time and a bigger budget the game dead state is proof of this and that game was made after this game

btw you can't buy the game anywhere now its like gone, gone from every online game and software site so if you want the file go look for it or ask me

Oh hey, a new user!

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.