Game Dungeon Wish List

Dream all you want... But bear in mind that dreams are like farts... They feel good for a while, but then they just float away from you.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Dream all you want... But bear in mind that dreams are like farts... They feel good for a while, but then they just float away from you.

Why you gotta break balls

You're breaking my balls Bullseye You're Breaking My Balls!!!!!!!!!!

srsly man breaking balls aint cool

but I think there was a game that came out a few years ago that is kind of obscure because I dont think many people played it or know about it, but if Ross was able to I would love to see him do a review on Ross's Game Dungeon of either Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends or the original Timesplitters for the PS2 (but thats a pipedream tbh)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

RoN:RoL was heavily reviewed when it came out... I even remember a TV commercial.

RoN:RoL was heavily reviewed when it came out... I even remember a TV commercial.

I didnt see anything for it here, no reviews no nothing, I only found out about from a friend a month after it came out

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Must be where I lived at the time... I was in Phoenix, AZ... Fry's Electronics had a large display advertising it, as did WalMart, Target, and Gamestop.

Hey Ross, how about a review for 'Get Dexter' aka 'Crafton & Xunk'?

Some info on the game here.

I realise the wikipedia article is a little bare but y'know.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

One of these might be worth checking out

1. Bolo (not the bodybuilder)--like chess with tanks

2. Escape Velocity--like Asteroids, with a plot

3. One Must Fall: 2097--this game even has a soundtrack that was remixed and then used in Freeman's Mind, oddly enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTz2SpsIXA--if OMF doesn't count as obscure, consider this other Epic Megagames offering

5. Treasure MathStorm!--providing a foray into the oft-overlooked world of educational games

6. MechCommander--the Battletech universe's attempt to jump on the late 90's RTS craze

I thought Mech Commander was far from obscure... Though Earthsiege and Cyberstorm would likely be very obscure. (they were the only competition for MechWarrior, and were far greater IMO)

Total Overdose: A Gunslingers Tale in Mexico, its similar to Grand Theft Auto if Grand Theft Auto was set in a Mexican Border Town that looks like it was the Baja Calafornia Sur section of Mexico but it is a good game, I know it was on PC, PS2, and Xbox when it was released back in 2005 I think but it is still a good game that was published by Eidos it wasnt really known to be advertised that much around here and I think it came in really deep under the radar so it didnt become well known, and not many people know about it it seems

I don't know if it counts as 'obscure', but I'd like you to take a look at Race Drivin'. Not necessarily the arcade version- it got ported to a number of systems, including the original Game Boy, which is what I've got it on.

Another GB title that would be perfect for the Game Dungeon is Monster Max]. I remember playing it as a kid, but not much else beyond that.

He's mentioned these games several times, including the main character from the series making a cameo appearance in his latest Game Dungeon, but I'd love to see his take on the Legacy of Kain series. They might not be considered obscure or unknown enough for his videos (especially with the new free2play Nosgoth game released), since the videos seem to mostly be about promoting old forgotten gems, but its a very well-made series of games that are very near to my heart and deserve any spotlight someone is willing to shine on them.

One of these might be worth checking out

3. One Must Fall: 2097--this game even has a soundtrack that was remixed and then used in Freeman's Mind, oddly enough

I played the hell out of that game back in grade school. I've had the OST uploaded on my android to bring back the nostalgia. The menu theme might make a good ring-tone? maybe?

There are 3 games that came to mind today, I can't place my reasoning why something brought them to my attenion... (probably glanced at my big box of PCGamer magazines in storage <.<

I might actually run a dosbox version of one of these games this weekend. But i'm really only posting them out of nostalgia.

1. Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen. - I remember I played this game before Diablo I came out. From what I remember, I found the dark rainy atmosphere to be just beyond awesome in my early gaming experience.

iVlcqDU.jpg

2. Whiplash (aka Fatal Racing) - Spent hours playing this when my aunt was visiting.

crODuD1.jpg

2.5. Screamer 2 - I liked 1 track and that was it because I only had the demo

qtHu3aB.jpg

3. Wacky Wheels - Just brightly colored cart racing fun.

6L6vTu7.gif

4. God of Thunder - Took me forever to find this game after over a decade of not being able to find it, and I never completed it when I was a kid because it was just too hard.

8O8nhZ8.png

5. Time Warriors - A really buggy version of a Tekken inspired fighting game.

tAYPh99.jpg

6. Shadow Warrior - It's Fucking Shadow Warrior!

Tc4gLgb.jpg

7. Dark Forces - It seemed like it was more fun than it really was.

MNnuwIN.jpg

I'll stop there before any more come into my head.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

To hell with it, here's a few more.

7. Terminal Velocity

8QImJO7.jpg

8. Descent I and II

GfBHVR5.jpg

9. Heretic - One of the first FPS games I played all the way through at the hardest difficulty.

nZnk42K.jpg?1

10. Blood - I live again.

8L3AK9c.gif

I never thought anyone remembered the Legacy Of Kain Series.....I thought i was one of the few