Game Dungeon Wish List

Five Nights at Freddy's and the sequels.

Yahtzee's Extra Punctuation on FNAF explains why this will never be in Game Dungeon, or at best, only be referenced briefly.

Essentially, a GD on FNAF would last approx. 2 minutes. There's just nothing to talk about. Everything about FNAF has already been covered by LPers and other mainsteam channels.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Five Nights at Freddy's and the sequels.

Yahtzee's Extra Punctuation on FNAF explains why this will never be in Game Dungeon, or at best, only be referenced briefly.

Essentially, a GD on FNAF would last approx. 2 minutes. There's just nothing to talk about. Everything about FNAF has already been covered by LPers and other mainsteam channels.

I dont know why people think that FNAF is soo freaking good, id like to see You are EMPTY as a Game Dungeon episode.....it was a obscure as hell game that i dont think many know about......

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I dont know why people think that FNAF is soo freaking good

Agreed.

id like to see You are EMPTY as a Game Dungeon episode.....it was a obscure as hell game that i dont think many know about......

Obscure only because it was essentially a Doom clone (including shaderless graphics) released in 2007... Before people realized just how much fun they had with those types of games. (it'd probly get great reviews if it had 'modern' graphics)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

This point still stands, but I did look into the lore, and it's potentially GD-worthy for that. Perhaps once the hype about the game series has died down (not for a long time as Part 3 is now out).

Still, I think the mainstream game channels have it covered.

I'd love for him to do a review of the old DOS game Quarantine. Anybody remember this game? It was an open world cyberpunk first person car combat/taxi game.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/146/download/Quarantine.htm

quaran3.gif

I got the demo of this game bundled onto a CD with other game demos at a computer fair that was held in a hotel ballroom back in the 90's, and I played the crap out of it. I eventually got the full version which had more levels and more weapons, then it became abandonware and is now free. It has a pretty cool soundtrack too.

I'd love for him to do a review of the old DOS game Quarantine. Anybody remember this game? It was an open world cyberpunk first person car combat/taxi game.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/146/download/Quarantine.htm

quaran3.gif

I got the demo of this game bundled onto a CD with other game demos at a computer fair that was held in a hotel ballroom back in the 90's, and I played the crap out of it. I eventually got the full version which had more levels and more weapons, then it became abandonware and is now free. It has a pretty cool soundtrack too.

Id love to see this it looks like a First person futuristic version of Carmageddon and Twisted Metal and Twisted Metal now is one of those hidden gem classics honestly

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

well Ross did review this game and i think it wasnt intentional that you wished and recieved it

If it's at all possible to find, how about the game Tanaka? I only ever had a demo for my Mac back before I was double-digits old, but I thought it was pretty good.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know how obscure it is or if Ross will consider it too mainstream for the Game Dungeon, but I'd love to see the "Crush" series of games all in one review (sort of like how he's done game series in the past).

The Crush series is a set of pinball games for consoles such as Turbo-Grafx 16 and Sega Genesis and is probably the best pinball series of all time. In my opinion. Now, I've only played Alien Crush and Devil's Crush so I can't vouch for the third: Jaki Crush and I didn't even know about Jaki Crush until I researched the Crush games. Looked at it on YouTube and looks good. :)

I hope Ross will do the Crush series some day. :D

I know it doesen't quite fit the 90's games the dungeon covers, but I'm gonna ask anyway,

This War of Mine

Basically the game has a very steep learning curve, but in the end, it is very satisfying and shows how it is well polished.

In case anyone needs it, here's some quick tips:

- Eat every second day (day 3, 5, 7, 9,..).

- Take your time at bartering for the best price.

- Always put people on guard.

- Right click to make the characters sprint.

- Use dark rooms to ambush potential enemies with melee weapons.

- If characters get slightly sick, use herbal meds, if anything more than that, use pills.

- Sligthly wounded characters can sleep off the damage, anything more than that and you need bandages.

I wouldn't say the Game Dungeon is exclusive to 90's titles. I think it's more for games that are somewhat obscure, or not what most other reviewers have likely reviewed.

I also wouldn't put modern and well-known games out of the question, but they'll have been well-covered by other people. Like, they would still be decent GD episodes, but they're probably not really needed. That's why FNAF - while rich with lore - won't be GD'd.

Hmm, I'd love to see a Game Dungeon on the older Elder Scrolls games. Mostly 'The Elder Scrolls' is directly tied to the Skyrim (/maybe/ Oblivion for some others) nowadays, that people often forget the old ones like Daggerfall or Arena.

Though the downside on that might be that Arena specificially is ridiculously big, with according to the Elder Scrolls wikia:

Walking to a nearby town could take up to 10 hours of real time, while a far off town in another province could take several days.

(Although that problem can be swiftly resolved with fast travel...)

I don't really know if this is a terrible idea or not, but I'm just putting my little idea here.

Mechwarrior 2. It's not that obscure because it was named best game of 1995, but it really sort of forgotten now considering the only forum that talks about it is dying.

Pros:

Incredibly rich simulation for 1995

Great mechanics

Weapons are fun to use and the mechs really have a punch to them

Mods allow it to run in custom resolutions

Cons:

Really painful to get running

Flat shaded 3d graphics don't age well

Some bugginess in the multiplayer mode

Mechwarrior 2.

The problem with the Mechwhatever series' were that the directly competed with the (IMO) superior Earthsiege and Cyberstorm series'. (the same universe as the Tribes series' of games) I would think Ross would rather play and review the competitors than he would a game that is well known, even by people outside the gaming community.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.