Game Dungeon Wish List

If Ross would like some more obscure PC games to dig his teeth into, I can recommend:

CyClones - Raven Software

Necrodome - Raven Software

ShadowCaster - Raven Software

MageSlayer - Raven Software

Take No Prisoners - Raven Software

Last Rites - Ocean Software

Abuse - Crack Dot Com

Shogo - Monolith Productions

Get Medieval - Monolith Productions

Sanity: Aiken's Artifact - Monolith Productions

Not all of these are necessarily good, but that hasn't stopped Ross from taking a look in the past.

Run Like Hell, a third person sci-fi horror shooter on the PS2/XBOX that is in ways like a spiritual predecessor to Dead Space, with some Mass Effect style characters and universe. Underrated as hell and has a lot of celebrity voice talent involved.

Test Drive Off-Road 3. It's a racing game with monster trucks. I played it to death in my childhood. Released in 1999 on PlayStation, Windows, and Game Boy Color; I played the Windows version. The rock soundtrack still pops up in my dreams every once in a while. My favorite parts about the game are the track designs and the particle physics.

I'm finally getting to do the subtitles for the "Realms of the Haunting" Game Dungeon. Sorry for the delay folks. Ross talks about how Realms is a four CD horror game with a lot of FMVs.

I am reminded a lot of the game "Phantasmagoria" which is essentially a point-and-click adventure game, but the character are all actors against a green screen when they're not showing cutscenes. The game really continues to stick in my mind and especially the music, which is some of the best I've ever heard in a game. I don't know if Ross will agree with me on the content and plot of the game, but the music is really stellar, in my very subjective opinion. I mean, just listen:

4GWENu6GN1c

I wonder if Phantasmagoria (not its sequel) will ever be covered on Game Dungeon possibly for Halloween.

If Ross ever talks about Phantasmagoria he better talk about the sequel. It's hilariously bad.

Having recently watched Jim Sterling's playthrough of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, I'd love to see Ross's take on this unusual game and it's marvelously disjointed clusterfuck of ideas, game mechanics, plot arcs and ambitions. Harking back to the game with world-weary eyes and in some aspects it hasn't aged well, though I still liked this game a lot when it came out in 2005 - blew my teenage brain back in the day, the Matrix series hadn't exactly become a hoary old cliche yet and the whole "there is no spoon" ethos of the early 00's still felt pretty rad to a confused demiadult who didn't know any better.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Mohawk & Headphone Jack, a 2d rotational game that game out for the Snes in 1996. Check it out if you haven't and tell me it doesn't make you at least a little nauseous.

I currently work at a small electronic recycle/ computer repair shop in Illinois. One of the things I received was a VHS movie called "The Bibleman Adventure: Defeating the Shadow of Doubt."

Now, I love me a bad movie, so I popped it into my VHS and had a good view of it. This isn't where Bibleman ends though. Upon research, I found out there is 15 YEARS worth of Bibleman content, including action figures, books, a board game, TWENTY-EIGHT 40 MINUTE TV AIRED EPISODES, and a videogame made in 2005. The game is on some abandonware sites. Just search "The Bibleman Video Game Adventure Download" or whatever to find an iso. You should give it a shot. It feels like a ... something. Here is the commercial for the game (Yes, this game had a commercial) here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsHPLl-zFY ). I think something this peculiar deserves an episode on the Game Dungeon.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. Was there some 90's evangelical version of Nickelodeon I missed during my life? I need clarification of this.

*Edited due to bad image link*

*Edited again due to the image being accidentally huge* so sorry...

Ha anyone recommended Ultimate Spin Doctor yet? It's a puzzle game where you control an arrow as it swings to an from little metallic balls trying to avoid other, differently coloured arrows to reach a goal metal ball. It's actually pretty fun and has no time limit on the puzzles.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Having recently watched Jim Sterling's playthrough of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, I'd love to see Ross's take on this unusual game and it's marvelously disjointed clusterfuck of ideas, game mechanics, plot arcs and ambitions. Harking back to the game with world-weary eyes and in some aspects it hasn't aged well, though I still liked this game a lot when it came out in 2005 - blew my teenage brain back in the day, the Matrix series hadn't exactly become a hoary old cliche yet and the whole "there is no spoon" ethos of the early 00's still felt pretty rad to a confused demiadult who didn't know any better.

Speaking of The Matrix, I think Ross should try out the game based off the series, "The Path of Neo" is what I think it was called.

I'd really like to see what Ross thinks about Cabal Online EU, its an old one, still runs to this day.

I have played it in 2008, and today again, it's pretty much deserted compared to what it was.

Very grindy, like, Korean grindy, but in a satisfying way.

PvP, PvE, Wars, Dungeons, aaaaand it's P2W.

It's one of the weirdest relationships I've ever been in, I love it and I hate it. I got up to a very high level (like, after playing for 11 months), and just get pissed over an impossible dungeon quest and just quit.

I'm willing to give you a shortcut Ross (my account) if you want to jump ahead. :D

One game comes to mind that I think would fit very well with Game Dungeon is Hellgate: London.

It was created as an early try at a FPS Diablo (made by ex-Blizzard employees) and it succeeded wonderfully in many respects and failed horribly in others, resulting in the company going bankrupt pretty early. Servers are down so none of the online play or additional expansion content is available but the original game can still be played in single player.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on Far Cry 2, a game which is very very flawed gameplay-wise, but which I think more than makes up for it with its atmosphere. I was very impressed with it because it really doesn't make you feel like a hero; despite everyone around you and the people you kill being much worse than you and you even having the chance to do a few good deeds, you are more like a horrible bad guy who is part of the problem, not the solution. The entire game carries a certain nihilism to it that I just haven't seen yet in any other game, where everything you do, no matter how big, feels insignificant in the long run. And yet it is an amazing experience in one of the most beautiful (peaceful and at the same time horrifying) enviroments I've seen in video games.

An interesting game to cover would be a Polish game from the late 90s called Pył (Dust). The game is an FPS with heavy exploration and survival tones (and also very hard). It seems that it wasn't released outside of Poland and Russia, but a few years ago someone from VOGONS made an English patch.

Pył was apparently a success in Poland but for some reason it wasn't translated to English (according to one of the developers - the guy who made the site i link below - there was some progress towards an English version but it wasn't finished). Despite that the game has very good graphics for the time (they are almost comparable to Unreal), especially with some of the animations (characters jump, roll, try to avoid you, etc).

Information about the game, as well as a download (in the Home section which is in Polish and you need to scroll down a bit) can be found in this site from one of the original game's developers:

https://pyl1998.wordpress.com/dust-1998-201x/

The link above describes the game briefly in English and an effort for a remake that the programmer is making, although that latter part is with very slow progress. The other sections are in Polish but you can feed them in Google Translate and they mostly make sense. It is worth the effort because they contain a lot of extra information. Note that if you download the game from the site above (from the Home section) you need to edit both the pyl.ini and pgl.ini files and make sure the language is set to 1 instead of 0.

Here is also a brief gameplay video:

83I2uHDUsfo

I think this is exactly the types of games Ross tends to present in Game Dungeon :-)

Dungeon keeper :D .

I remember playing that with my dad when i was a little kid. Found it on GoG for a couple of $ recently. And it's still alot of fun.

Pathologic

(actually Pathologic Classic HD)

It's a great first person RP/survival/psychological horror game made by Russian studio Ice-Pick Lodge from 2005. It has 3 possible storylines, all with the basic goal of stopping a plague from eradicating the city you are in within 12 days. The game has the greatest atmosphere of any game ever made, complex characters that try to manipulate the player, mysticism, and a feeling of helplessness that only Russians can create.

The game does have flaws. In the original English release the translation was horrible but that was fixed in Pathologic Classic HD. There are more but you can find out about those. It can be a bit slow until day 4 but it takes off after that.

The game is not fun.

It is my favorite game of all time.

Drowned God is a first person graphic adventure game about a future society confronting the aliens which were originally the gods of Egyptian, Christian, and other mythologies. It's essentially if ancient aliens was real, and humanity became advanced enough to have interests separate to them. Also, if I remember correctly, you talk to Jesus, and he's an alien who lives underwater. If that isn't intriguing enough to get Ross to check it out, I don't know what is.

I'd also be interested if Ross ever heard of Eastern Mind. It's a game made by the guy who made LSD: Dream Emulator, and while it's definitely strange enough to be notable, the exploration and puzzle solving are so esoteric, they make RAMA seem intuitive. Still, it's worth looking at, and if Ross ever does, I'll be sure to praise alien Jesus until he returns.