ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: TEST DRIVE 3

On 5/16/2018 at 4:48 AM, urammar said:

Komojo, you have done AMAZING work. Its really cool to see this modern resolution.

It's also really interesting just how bad the models really are. I grew up with this game, and even so, in modern resolution its clear they were hiding a lot behind that low res. Damn, even the headlights don't actually line up with the car.

I'm pretty sure Ross's joke about the studio waving a gun around might not be far off the mark.

Komojo, I've noticed that your rips are missing trees. You have done so much already, but I have to ask, is it possible to obtain them?

Any idea if Komojo still active or if his findings get moved to another tool/project?

Going to bump this for a good reason...

I have modded Komojo's Pacific Yosemite map rip into the racing simulator Assetto Corsa!

The map is a freeroam map with 32 pits.  It has been enhanced to support a day/night cycle.  I have smoothed out the road meshes to make them more drivable in a modern racing game (rather than have the cars bounce all over the place trying to drive over the jagged angles); however, if you would like to try racing on the 90s geometry I have created that as a selectable variant as well.  The visuals remain unchanged for both versions, the smoothing was done on an invisible mesh that the physics engine uses.

Here are some screenshots and a quick video to show off the map:

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.95d3d017cc4ad7c06729a7b60c6a5356.png
2.thumb.png.b17055d9bd2c00a35dddbeff6b98986b.png
3.thumb.png.b1180d7829c8c50d65d3028b5b5a09a0.png

Video (apologies for the compression):

https://streamable.com/ug6wq6

Here is the download link for the mod:
https://mega.nz/file/DiQGUDBC#FhaqB2_X4ycXQnYaz0nhqfer7HknEqLab2n3OOkBXHc

PLEASE READ HOW TO INSTALL

Edit: Here is a text guide, along with links to tutorial videos and additional mods for cars that were in TD3 https://pastebin.com/sS5BPV84

This mod was made for Assetto Corsa running Custom Shaders Patch v1.66 using Sol 1.5.4 + 1.6.x.  The game should be launched with Content Manager and not the default Assetto Corsa launcher.

Custom Shaders Patch and Sol are 2 additional mods for Assetto Corsa that add many new features to the game.  If you do not use them when trying to run this map, many features will be broken and/or missing.  There are many guides online on how to install both of these mods, follow them when installing Custom Shaders Patch and Sol.  Content Manager is a tool that does exactly what it is named, it managers Assetto Corsa content as well as assists with Custom Shaders Patch + Sol.  There are many guides on Content Manager as well that I suggest you follow to set it up.

After you have installed Custom Shaders Patch, Sol, and Content Manager, you can drag the unzipped pacific_yosemite folder into ...\assettocorsa\content\tracks

If you are unable to install this mod, I can try to provide additional help in this forum.

Some minor things of note
You are able to fall straight through the map if you drive far enough off of it. To my knowledge, TD3 had infinite level streaming so the map would repeat.  This does not exist in Assetto Corsa.  I have surrounded the map with fake non-collidable maps to simulate the effect visually.  If you drive on one of these fake maps you will just fall straight through.
Some small things are missing collision (example: road signs).  This was done intentionally as these objects were too small that accurate collision on them would have the car get stuck inside the object.

Credits
Map from Test Drive III: The Passion by Accolade
Model ripped by Komojo
Converted to Assetto Corsa by Plastic Tangerine

Special Thanks
All who provided me help along the way
Everyone in this thread for keeping the interest in TD3 alive

This map was a ton of fun to convert and I learned a lot of neat tricks along the way.  I hope you enjoy!

Edited by PlasticTangerine
Added more information on how to install. (see edit history)

That's awesome, I'll have to try this out sometime.  I picked up Assetto Corsa a few months back when it was on sale.  That means this might work in VR too, it's staggering.

5 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i don't like assetto corsa, did you release the meshes so that they can be imported into other games? otherwise this is a waste if you can't just load the models anyhwere

This map was made using Kamojo's rip here:

On 5/28/2017 at 11:46 PM, Komojo said:

You can download the Blender file for the first map from HERE. Feel free to use it as you wish.

5 hours ago, Ross Scott said:

That's awesome, I'll have to try this out sometime.  I picked up Assetto Corsa a few months back when it was on sale.  That means this might work in VR too, it's staggering.

It will work in VR, have wheel support, be playable in multiplayer if anyone sets up a server running the map (32 pits means 32 possible players), and have all other additional features Assetto Corsa provides.  Using Custom Shaders Patch and the other mods I mentioned in the install section allows for night driving and some visual enhancements like 3D clouds and reflective road signs.

I can't get the track to load in Assetto Corsa, it appears in the content manager but won't appear in the game at all. I've done everything in the guide to a T. 

I bought Assetto just for this track, so kinda sucks. Has anyone ported it to another game, like Beam NG or anything?

The Blender file looks great. No reason not to build in Unreal Engine and test it out with sample driving physics. Gonna try and see how that goes!

On 5/16/2018 at 12:48 PM, urammar said:

Komojo, you have done AMAZING work. Its really cool to see this modern resolution.

It's also really interesting just how bad the models really are. I grew up with this game, and even so, in modern resolution its clear they were hiding a lot behind that low res. Damn, even the headlights don't actually line up with the car.

I'm pretty sure Ross's joke about the studio waving a gun around might not be far off the mark.

Komojo, I've noticed that your rips are missing trees. You have done so much already, but I have to ask, is it possible to obtain them?

Okay so I got pretty far into porting this stuff into UE4 back in 2018, but I autistically was really bothered by not having the exact tree locations ripped, and I honestly didnt think anyone really cared outside of like 3 people, myself and Ross, and that was kinda a drag, I really lost the motivation tbh.

I also wasnt nearly as compitent with it as I am today.

Seeing that people are still on this is really heartening. I'll spend this week getting as much of this into UE4 as I can, and i'll upload the project and progress pics as I go.

I'll set it up for VR, too. Question, though, the interiors. Im thinking of just a semi circle and wrap the OG texture, its gonna look funny though. Do we care about the OG interior, or do we want something a bit more modern do we think?

I'm serious though, someone give me trees goddamit.

Hi,

I've been looking into the file formats from TD3. I thought this might be of interest to the people in this thread. I've created a utility that can unpack all the files from the original game archive files.

It can also patch the executable to allow it to load from the expanded files. This allows you to easily change aspects of the original game data files.

The tool can also unpack and repack the image assets from the game. I've attached a few files that I unpacked.

You can get the utility here. https://github.com/yuv422/TD3Extract

Here is a list of all the files after being extracted.

ACCO.LZ       CCNSX.SIC       CDIABL.BOT    CREDCOLR.BIN  DIFFLEVA.LZ   SCENE014.COL  SCENE023.COL  TD3.EXE
ACCOCOLR.BIN  CCNSX.SID       CDIABR.BOT    CREDITA.LZ    DIFFLEVB.LZ   SCENE015.ALZ  SCENE024.ALZ  
BROKE.LZ      CCNSX.TOP       CDIABSC.BIN   CREDITB.LZ    DIFFLEVC.LZ   SCENE015.BLZ  SCENE024.BLZ  
BROKEGA.LZ    CCNSX1.BOT      CDIABSIC.BIN  CREDITC.LZ    INSTR.DAT     SCENE015.COL  SCENE024.COL  
CCERV.BIC     CCNSX2.BOT      CHASE.LZ      CSTEL.BIC     KEYCOLR.BIN   SCENE01A.DAT  SCENE025.ALZ  
CCERV.DAT     CCNSXCOL.BIN    CMYTH.BIC     CSTEL.DAT     KEYS.LZ       SCENE01A.MUS  SCENE025.BLZ  THEME.MUS
CCERV.ETC     CCNSXFL1.LZ     CMYTH.DAT     CSTEL.ETC     MASTERQ.BIN   SCENE01B.DAT  SCENE025.COL  TITL2COL.BIN
CCERV.ICN     CCNSXFL2.LZ     CMYTH.ETC     CSTEL.ICN     NEWWAVE.MUS   SCENE01B.MUS  SCENE02A.DAT  TITLCOLR.BIN
CCERV.LST     CCNSXL.BOT      CMYTH.ICN     CSTEL.LST     OTWCOL.BIN    SCENE01C.DAT  SCENE02A.MUS  TITLE1.LZ
CCERV.POB     CCNSXR.BOT      CMYTH.LST     CSTEL.POB     PLAYDISK.DAT  SCENE01C.MUS  SCENE02B.DAT  TITLE2.LZ
CCERV.SIC     CCNSXSC.BIN     CMYTH.POB     CSTEL.SIC     README        SCENE01D.DAT  SCENE02B.MUS  TITLEANI.LZ
CCERV.SID     CCNSXSIC.BIN    CMYTH.SIC     CSTEL.SID     SCENE01.DAT   SCENE01E.DAT  SCENE02C.DAT  TITLECAR.LZ
CCERV.TOP     CDIAB.BIC       CMYTH.SID     CSTEL.TOP     SCENE01.HI    SCENE01O.BIN  SCENE02C.MUS  TITLEL2.LZ
CCERV1.BOT    CDIAB.DAT       CMYTH.TOP     CSTEL1.BOT    SCENE01.ICN   SCENE01P.BIN  SCENE02D.DAT  TITLELET.LZ
CCERV2.BOT    CDIAB.ETC       CMYTH1.BOT    CSTEL2.BOT    SCENE01.LST   SCENE01T.BIN  SCENE02E.DAT  TOPCOLR.BIN
CCERVCOL.BIN  CDIAB.ICN       CMYTH2.BOT    CSTELCOL.BIN  SCENE01.SIC   SCENE02.DAT   SCENE02O.BIN  TOPSCORA.LZ
CCERVFL1.LZ   CDIAB.LST       CMYTHCOL.BIN  CSTELFL1.LZ   SCENE011.ALZ  SCENE02.ICN   SCENE02P.BIN  TOPSCORB.LZ
CCERVFL2.LZ   CDIAB.POB       CMYTHFL1.LZ   CSTELFL2.LZ   SCENE011.BLZ  SCENE02.LST   SCENE02T.BIN  TOPSCORC.LZ
CCERVL.BOT    CDIAB.SIC       CMYTHFL2.LZ   CSTELL.BOT    SCENE011.COL  SCENE02.SIC   SCENETT1.DAT  
CCERVR.BOT    CDIAB.SID       CMYTHL.BOT    CSTELR.BOT    SCENE011.DAT  SCENE021.ALZ  SCENETTA.DAT  WATER.LZ
CCERVSC.BIN   CDIAB.TOP       CMYTHR.BOT    CSTELSC.BIN   SCENE012.ALZ  SCENE021.BLZ  SCENETTO.BIN  WATEREGA.LZ
CCERVSIC.BIN                  CMYTHSC.BIN   CSTELSIC.BIN  SCENE012.BLZ  SCENE021.COL  SCENETTP.BIN
CCNSX.BIC                     CMYTHSIC.BIN  DATAA.DAT     SCENE012.COL  SCENE021.DAT  SCENETTT.BIN
CCNSX.DAT     CDIAB1.BOT      COMPASS.LZ    DATAB.DAT     SCENE013.ALZ  SCENE022.ALZ  SELCOLR.BIN
CCNSX.ETC     CDIAB2.BOT      COPA.LZ       DATAC.DAT     SCENE013.BLZ  SCENE022.BLZ  SELECT.LZ
CCNSX.ICN     CDIABCOL.BIN    COPB.LZ       DETAIL1.LZ    SCENE013.COL  SCENE022.COL  SETUP.EXE
CCNSX.LST     CDIABFL1.LZ     COPCOLR.BIN   DETAIL2.LZ    SCENE014.ALZ  SCENE023.ALZ  SSBJ.LZ
CCNSX.POB     CDIABFL2.LZ     COPSEQ.LZ     DIFFCOLR.BIN  SCENE014.BLZ  SCENE023.BLZ  TD3.CFG

KEYS.LZ.png

COPSEQ.LZ.png

CDIABFL2.LZ.png