FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 51

I do think a lot of people underestimate the length of Forget About Freeman, though. I could easily see it taking several more episodes; I find it unlikely he'll finish it next episode.

gonna start playing it trough myself soon as i finally got half-life collection from sale (yea, yeah, i know. should've bought sooner)

as for video- great one :D

when Freeman was complaining about why aliens were guarding that corner, i remembered earlier episode where Freeman-Ross said such quote: "im killing all these people to find out they were guarding janitors closet"

also, i liked how just minute or so before that, Freeman-Ross (yeah, i like to call Freeman's mind freeman like that :D) was thinking of what aliens consider valuable. i guess they tought that corner was valuable :D

aliens were like: "ooh, nice dead end corner. lets set our c**p gate and tons of troops to protect it"

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

After Forget About Freeman, which is about average chapter length (Black Mesa shortens it down considerably, which may have altered our views on how long it will take), we still have Lambda Core, which in addition to being quite long, it has that one section involving a Cylindrical Chamber, 9 Portals, and a series of Rotating Platforms. Not to mention the Reactor Coolant Sequence as well!

Chapter Length in Xen ranges from "Walk 5 Steps And You're Done" (Xen) to "Obscenely Long, Confusing & Directionless" (Interloper).

My Estimates for Forget About Freeman & Lambda Core (May be skewed due to Optimism & Pessimism):

F.A.F. (Remainder): 4-5

The Canals: 1-3/2 Episodes.

Surface Tank Fight: 1/3-1/2 Episode.

Underground: 1-3/2 Episodes.

L.C. (Providing he doesn't get lost): 7 - 9 Episodes

Lift & Assassins: 1 Episode.

Grunts & Gluon Gun: 2/3-1 Episode

Pump 01: 2 Episodes

Pump 02: 3/2-2 Episodes

Aux Tank Access & Lightning Room: 2/3-1 Episode

Core 2: 2-4 Episodes

Remainder & Portal Chamber: 2 Episodes

In "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTUOn2EUFhk", we're at about 26 minutes into a 36 minute video. Figuring for this, 51 episodes into 26 minutes ≈ about 2 episodes per minute of this speed run. With this standard, there are 20 episodes left? Maybe Episode 75 will be the last Freeman's Mind in HL1.

If the same standard holds and if Ross decides to do HL2, the average speed run is about 1.5 hours (90 minutes) or about 180 episodes. ;)

Also.

You can make your voice overlay little bit louder compared to game sounds.

Do you mean the voice would be better heard if it were louder? Or if the game sounds were quieter?

Subtitles typed. I'm in the midst of syncing them with the video now. Hope to have that done and then any formatting anomalies fixed soon and then I can start on the Thanksgiving stuff. Woo.

-

Subtitles up!

Wow, quick and responsive, as always. You must be the only one who isn't sick! :P Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

This has been the best episode in a while. My favorite moments were Freeman wondering why the Alien Grunts don't wear armor on their torsos, leading him to believe that Earth is being invaded by strippers, and his reaction to the snarks: "I'M NOT YOUR MOTHER! STOP IMPRINTING!". That had me laughing like a maniac when paired with the high pitched squeaking, and the snarks eagerly running towards him. That's certainly an interesting way to interpret those snark mines...

I love reading about people's favorite parts and how they interpret each episode in general. I quite liked the line "No, I DON'T WANT YOU!" "Sqcreeee!"

gonna start playing it trough myself soon as i finally got half-life collection from sale (yea, yeah, i know. should've bought sooner)

I am glad to hear Freeman's Mind has made people want to play the original games, no matter how long it takes them.

By my calculations, unless Ross does 12 minute videos or rushes through the game, It'll take around 8 more videos to reach Xen.

Very optimistic. At this pace with 12-minutes in average, I say at least 20 more videos, probably 30.

Someone probably lost a bet on this. ;)

He made it in ten videos, including the Half-Life Uplink interlude, not counting the .5 interlude.