Team Fortress 2

because of how the game's mechanics work

I was gonna suggest that, but I'm too inexperienced in online FPS's to say it with confidence.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

because of how the game's mechanics work

I was gonna suggest that, but I'm too inexperienced in online FPS's to say it with confidence.

Aimbots can work for Scout, Heavy, and Sniper, any other class and you're just delving in to unconventional territory. There's literally no need to aimbot with pyro's kit, spy's kit, or medic's kit, and the demo and soldier are damn near impossible to hack with anyway. Engineer's class literally comes with a stationary aimbot. Those "hacks" BTG was talking about earlier were closer along the lines of actual map awareness that any player with enough experience can get down.

the name's riley

I'm out of this thread since you appear to not read what I say, and assume I don't know what I'm talking about. (a hint: I do) Good luck with your gaming.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm out of this thread since you appear to not read what I say, and assume I don't know what I'm talking about. (a hint: I do) Good luck with your gaming.

But BTG, we are reading everything you say. We've read everything you've said, which doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the first place. There's a whole lot you left unaddressed and we assume you don't know what you're talking about because you bring up shit that doesn't add up and keep changing up your story when we call you out on it.

It doesn't add up that you can remember to the minute the specific amount of time you played (which, mind you, wasn't much) before concluding the game was full of hackers, despite having your hours wiped in 2011 during the Uber update. It doesn't add up that you claim not to have played much after 2009 yet somehow managed to accumulate 57 hours of TF2 (even with maintaining the short lived AF server) after your playtime was supposedly "wiped" after the Uber update. We want answers/responses to what we have to say but we're not getting them, and here you try to leave without at least admitting you were wrong or otherwise giving us an answer.

the name's riley

But BTG, we are reading everything you say. We've read everything you've said, which doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the first place. There's a whole lot you left unaddressed and we assume you don't know what you're talking about because you bring up shit that doesn't add up and keep changing up your story when we call you out on it.

It doesn't add up that you can remember to the minute the specific amount of time you played (which, mind you, wasn't much) before concluding the game was full of hackers, despite having your hours wiped in 2011 during the Uber update. It doesn't add up that you claim not to have played much after 2009 yet somehow managed to accumulate 57 hours of TF2 (even with maintaining the short lived AF server) after your playtime was supposedly "wiped" after the Uber update. We want answers/responses to what we have to say but we're not getting them, and here you try to leave without at least admitting you were wrong or otherwise giving us an answer.

Ironically, guilty people (and hackers) tend to avoid the subject or change it.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

This is exactly what bothers me.

since you appear to not read what I say

Don't speak for us. Don't put words in our mouth. Doing so means you don't really know us which after, what, 3 years on this site, really makes me wonder how much you even care for anyone here. We have read what you said. We countered what you said. We have the experiences and knowledge to safely say there is nowhere near as many hackers as you claim. If anything, you're not reading what WE say. We've given you calm explanations time and time again in multiple threads and you just brush us off. We have literally several thousand hours of collective gameplay spread amongst the 4+ of us. your 50 something hours of time in the game is a drop in the ocean compared to all our experiences with the game and all our stories line up and yet you STILL refuse to admit that, "hey, maybe I'm not as good at this game as I thought!"

and assume I don't know what I'm talking about. (a hint: I do)

No, you do not. You always make these extraordinary claims without any proof, acting like your word is absolute and you couldn't possibly be wrong about anything you ever say. You expect to be believed to the word no matter the subject and if someone calls you out, you change your story. When people still doubt you, then suddenly it's passive aggressive city and "well clearly I know everything and since you won't believe me when I'm so obviously right, I'm outta here."

Try this, actually prove the shit you say. Give videos, evidence, something you've NEVER done. All you ever give is your word and you know what? I'm done taking your word on things. The next time you come in with extraordinary claim, you better be ready to make me believe it with unbiased sources. keyword UNBIASED.

I'm out of this thread

Alright, BYE!

Retired Forum Moderator

On a lighter note:

I stopped playing TF2 in 2012 for two reasons:

1. I felt I'd become a little too...obsessed? And my then girlfriend didn't appreciate it, so a little bit of guilt there.

2. I also felt like I was playing the same game over and over again, and got rather bored. Perhaps this was me not having enough variety in the servers I played on, but I genuinely stopped enjoying myself.

However, with three years since then, and the amount of updates TF2 goes through, would it be worth venturing back? Does TF2 go through dull slumps now and again?

Dunno if I'm sounding silly saying all that, but TF2's comic attitude appeals to me (for the same reasons as to why I love the Timesplitters games). Maybe I'd enjoy it more with mates (knowing that there was once an AF server is awesome).

Bleh.

On a lighter note:

I stopped playing TF2 in 2012 for two reasons:

1. I felt I'd become a little too...obsessed? And my then girlfriend didn't appreciate it, so a little bit of guilt there.

2. I also felt like I was playing the same game over and over again, and got rather bored. Perhaps this was me not having enough variety in the servers I played on, but I genuinely stopped enjoying myself.

However, with three years since then, and the amount of updates TF2 goes through, would it be worth venturing back? Does TF2 go through dull slumps now and again?

Dunno if I'm sounding silly saying all that, but TF2's comic attitude appeals to me (for the same reasons as to why I love the Timesplitters games). Maybe I'd enjoy it more with mates (knowing that there was once an AF server is awesome).

Bleh.

I'll send you a friend request on Steam and maybe we can play together.

the name's riley

Cheers! Just accepted what I assume is you :P

Yeah that's me. Toss me a PM any time you want to play.

the name's riley

I might start up again. Just to have fun if anything, nothing like my over competitive behavior like before (I say that now...)

Once my computer is up and running properly again I'll reinstall it. Curious to what the game's gonna look like on an actual monitor and not my laptop.

Retired Forum Moderator

I might start up again. Just to have fun if anything, nothing like my over competitive behavior like before (I say that now...)

Once my computer is up and running properly again I'll reinstall it. Curious to what the game's gonna look like on an actual monitor and not my laptop.

Well imagine a lot of poorly designed and colored hats that clash negatively with the game's intended art style and combine that with a clusterfuck of poorly balanced teams and weapons and you've got a pretty good idea right there.

the name's riley

Pretty much^^

I'm also gonna be working on a video I hope to be at least 10 minutes, going for 20, and it's going to be a huge collection of pub clips from my 1650th hour all the way up to about my 1800th. Just as a kinda "I'm trying to get back in to this game let's see how much I improve over the course of 150 hours" thing.

the name's riley

I really don't play this game anymore, since the competitive allure is leaving. I've been trying to get better at Counter-Strike, which is coming along. I really just came back here to look at what happened in that BTG argument and I was not disappointed.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

You know, when it first went free to play, I played a solid fifty hours of it in the first week. I saw one hacker, total. And it was a griefer sniper who hacked so he could kill teammates. Maybe I just got lucky, but I personally find it hard to believe the issue is as rampant as BTG says.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

It really isn't, and it isn't nearly as annoying as you think either. I remember one hilarious instance where I was playing in a lobby with some of the biggest names in TF2 (B4nny, Lauren, Stabby, and STAR_) and we ended up getting steamrolled by a hacking heavy. The whole ordeal was more comical than it was frustrating.

the name's riley

Now, if BTG had said this about Counter-Strike, that'd be different.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Yeah, he'll run his mouth about shit and say all this stuff he believes to be true. If he can't be disproven or made to look like a fool he gets all uppity with himself. If he finds that he is losing the argument and looks like a total jerk, he'll try to sling some crap that makes you look like the bad guy and then just leave because he can't be wrong about anything.

Anyways, I played tf2 with Annie (Kitty/Username) the other day and we airblasted people into saws the whole time. It was a lot of fun.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Sawmill's a good map. Incidentally, that's where I met one of the two hackers I ever saw. Can't quite remember what exactly he was doing, but he was constantly changing his name to other people on the server, to fool the admins into kicking the regular player.

Have some good memories as Medic on Sawmill too.