Team Fortress 2

The Widowmaker would probably pair very well with the Gunslinger for KOTH or offensive engineering. You build your mini-sentry around a corner where a lot of people go and when they come around, blast them point blank with the Widowmaker. Your metal will actually restore itself if you're within 15 ft. (approx.) of the enemy. That gives you enough to buld a teleport. As long as you're accurate and sneaky, you can be self sustaining and put your dispenser in a more team friendly place.

This is just a theory. It has not been proven in action. If Valve were to patch this, I would go with a damage boost so it does 9 damage per pellet at base damage and has no ramp up or fall off.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

There are actually some bugs with the Widowmaker. I may craft it when they're fixed.

Damaging multiple enemies with a single shot will give an incorrect amount of metal back to the Engineer. The amount is usually the equivalent of one or two pellets of damage (3-18)

rather than the total damage of the attack.

There exist rare cases where the metal gained does not match the damage dealt to a single target. It is unrelated to the above bug.

The small size of this weapon causes the Engineer's finger to extend slightly beyond the end of the barrel.

The Engineer's thumb clips above the trigger in both the client and world views.

The sound effect for pumping a Shotgun plays upon drawing the weapon despite the Engineer not doing so.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

There are actually some bugs with the Widowmaker. I may craft it when they're fixed.

Damaging multiple enemies with a single shot will give an incorrect amount of metal back to the Engineer. The amount is usually the equivalent of one or two pellets of damage (3-18)

rather than the total damage of the attack.

There exist rare cases where the metal gained does not match the damage dealt to a single target. It is unrelated to the above bug.

The small size of this weapon causes the Engineer's finger to extend slightly beyond the end of the barrel.

The Engineer's thumb clips above the trigger in both the client and world views.

The sound effect for pumping a Shotgun plays upon drawing the weapon despite the Engineer not doing so.

I noticed those too... I hope they fix them.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The theory I gave above has been proven and tested by Mr. IARESNIPAR in one of his most recent videos, and he was owning shit up in the gameplay. As long as you can be accurate, this weapon is a good one. It's a weapon not just any pony can use. It only works if you have a skill set to suit it. I've never had problems with minor clipping issues. Cosmetic appearance has never been a problem for me, but that damage/metal count needs to get fixed quick.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Not sure because i still havent crafted it but... can a fully charged machina shot destroy a lvl 3 sentry? If yes it is so OP

Some people forget the sniper is one of the best sentry destroyers in the game :P

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

One thing I've always wondered. Do headshots apply to sentries? Like, is there a central part of a sentry that you should target for bonus damage? Most of the sentries do have an obvious "head" area that might act as a weak point.

One thing I've always wondered. Do headshots apply to sentries? Like, is there a central part of a sentry that you should target for bonus damage? Most of the sentries do have an obvious "head" area that might act as a weak point.
Nope. Critical hits don't effect buildings.

Which is exactly why I shun medics who roll the kritkreig when I say "can I get a medic to help me take out the sentries"

Retired Forum Moderator

That always pissed me off how it always takes three shots to kill the damn sentries. The machina still takes two shots to take out Lv. 3, but mini-sentries are a thing of the past now. I honestly can't live without my noscopes cuz I like to use Jarate and I need the extra firepower

without having to scope in on spies who fail at life. That means I have to use SMG. So if I ever get the machina, I'll have to give up my piss *glasses* for a piss-poor gun.

YEEAAAAAAH!!!

Anyone who puts a sentry gun where a sniper can see it (and succeeds in destroying it) is a terrible engineer all around. -.-

Retired Forum Moderator

That always pissed me off how it always takes three shots to kill the damn sentries. The machina still takes two shots to take out Lv. 3, but mini-sentries are a thing of the past now.

Excuse me but im pretty sure it only takes 1 fully charged shot and a midly charged shot with the regular sniper rifle to destroy a lvl 3 sentry IF THE ENGINEER DONT FIX IT, i was asking if the machina 15% bonus damage with a fully charged shot can go the extra mile and destroy a lvl 3 in 1 shot.

Anyone who puts a sentry gun where a sniper can see it (and succeeds in destroying it) is a terrible engineer all around. -.-

Thats where a sneaky-sniper-who-invades-your-base-instead-of-staying-a-hundread-miles-away comes in

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

i was asking if the machina 15% bonus damage with a fully charged shot can go the extra mile and destroy a lvl 3 in 1 shot.

Yes it can.

i was asking if the machina 15% bonus damage with a fully charged shot can go the extra mile and destroy a lvl 3 in 1 shot.

Yes it can.

It certainly cannot. A level 3 sentry has 216 hitpoints, the machina at 100% charge does 173 damage. You couldn't destroy a level 2 sentry in one shot.

Thats where a sneaky-sniper-who-invades-your-base-instead-of-staying-a-hundread-miles-away comes in

Well, i would hope for my team to be a little smarter than to let a sniper get THAT far in. And also, a good engineer knows to place his sentries in such a way that enemies don't get a clean shot at it, unless it gets a clean shot at them as well. And a sniper destroying the sentry also means the engi was way too far away from his sentry. (or just bad and not repairing it. :/ )

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, i would hope for my team to be a little smarter than to let a sniper get THAT far in. And also, a good engineer knows to place his sentries in such a way that enemies don't get a clean shot at it, unless it gets a clean shot at them as well. And a sniper destroying the sentry also means the engi was way too far away from his sentry. (or just bad and not repairing it. :/ )

Or dead. Sniping the engi then sniping the sentry is a viable option.

Or dead. Sniping the engi then sniping the sentry is a viable option.

Okay, I can see that. but still, if the map is close quarters like, say, 2fort, then there's no excuse for that happening.

Retired Forum Moderator

That always pissed me off how it always takes three shots to kill the damn sentries. The machina still takes two shots to take out Lv. 3, but mini-sentries are a thing of the past now.

Excuse me but im pretty sure it only takes 1 fully charged shot and a midly charged shot with the regular sniper rifle to destroy a lvl 3 sentry IF THE ENGINEER DONT FIX IT, i was asking if the machina 15% bonus damage with a fully charged shot can go the extra mile and destroy a lvl 3 in 1 shot.

I was talking about most other weapons, my fault. Rockets/ Scattergun/ Shotgun/ Melees other than Scout's, Spy's and Axtinguisher take three shots/hits to kill sentries. But the Machina only does a 15% boost. A half charged shot would do 100 damage + full would do 150= 250.

The machina does 150 + .15x150 = 172.5 damage.

So it would prob take a full charge shot and a quickscope to take out the sentry

The things foremost in a good engineer's mind when placing a sentry are "How big is its line of fire" and "How much of its hitbox is exposed to enemy lines of fire". The best sentry position is one that has 100% or more of its enemy sightline also filled by its own line of fire (better still is when its weakspots and/or its line of fire is covered by another sentry). The worst sentry has most of its line of fire not covering its own weak spots. Being able to manage and account for the Sentrie's blindspots are always the marks of better engineers.

That said, corners, large spaces and looking over hills usually spell blindspots that you can see but the sentry can't, that enemies can also maneuver inside or around. But those are things that a good engineer always is able to consider.

The biggest annoyance I've had of late is F2Pers building their sentries directly beside mine. Yes, it doubles the firepower of that one position, but also doubles their vulnerability since they both share the same weak spots, and are virtually the same distance to metal sources for repairs or upgrades. Spread out and make mutual cover zones.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I've had to explain that to a few people, but once you explain why it's a bad idea, they seem to get it and move to a better spot.

Yes it can.

It certainly cannot. A level 3 sentry has 216 hitpoints, the machina at 100% charge does 173 damage. You couldn't destroy a level 2 sentry in one shot.

Then why does mine 1-shot a L3 turret? Did it 6 times just to see if it was just a luck thing...