Team Fortress 2

I would but I've got little of interest that I'm not already saving for a possibly hefty trade for a strange minigun, assuming I ever find someone with a spare. -.-

Retired Forum Moderator

Like you guys probably know, i am still pretty nooby when it comes to TF2 items. What are strange items?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strange weapons rank up with kills, changing the descriptive word.

As many have pointed out, it's functionally useless, but it's certainly addictive ranking up a weapon.

Strange weapons rank up with kills, changing the descriptive word.

As many have pointed out, it's functionally useless, but it's certainly addictive ranking up a weapon.

Oh okay. Thanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whos weapon is it? :( (lol another noob)
I'm not sure what you mean. You can only get strange weapons by un-crateing them or trading with someone. I have 4 my self (Boston Basher, Ambassador, Rocket Launcher and Minigun) but I never use the Boston Basher :problem:

I bought a few keys with spare change after getting some games. I opened two crates to find...

2 Strange Boston Bashers

052406_computer_smash.gif

WHY would anyone do that?

is there something like team fortress that is easier to run on bad computers?

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Whos weapon is it? :( (lol another noob)
I'm not sure what you mean. You can only get strange weapons by un-crateing them or trading with someone. I have 4 my self (Boston Basher, Ambassador, Rocket Launcher and Minigun) but I never use the Boston Basher :problem:

Only thing boston basher is good for is jumping. If you time the swing right while in midair, it can actually get you higher than an atomizer triple jump.

Oh, and I have to disagree with a small section of your scouting advice. While it is a good idea to avoid soldiers, heavies can actually be fairly easy one on one. You just have to be all over the place. Circle strafe and jump over him. Always double jump in a different direction of where you were traveling, all the while Scattergunning point blank. And the pistol can be useful at times. It's a lot more accurate than you think. I've finished of so many enemies that way, but I do prefer Mad Milk for the flame dousing and the health amp (It works wonders on KOTH maps)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

As one who plays heavy all the time, Scouts strafehopping Heavies is annoying as hell, and therefor an effective tactic.

Assuming you can get close enough before one is wound up.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Oh, and I have to disagree with a small section of your scouting advice. While it is a good idea to avoid soldiers, heavies can actually be fairly easy one on one. You just have to be all over the place. Circle strafe and jump over him. Always double jump in a different direction of where you were traveling, all the while Scattergunning point blank. And the pistol can be useful at times. It's a lot more accurate than you think. I've finished of so many enemies that way, but I do prefer Mad Milk for the flame dousing and the health amp (It works wonders on KOTH maps)
I don't use the scattergun, I'm a much hated FaN user so heavies are a bad idea for me. The recoil also makes swarming a heavy nearly impossible and the FaN also doesn't have enough ammo to kill a heavy without reloading, so all over a bad idea with my loadout.

I don't use the scattergun, I'm a much hated FaN user so heavies are a bad idea for me. The recoil also makes swarming a heavy nearly impossible and the FaN also doesn't have enough ammo to kill a heavy without reloading, so all over a bad idea with my loadout.

I only use the FaN and if i can get near the heavy before his gun is down and he isn't being healed it is very easy to kill him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only use the FaN and if i can get near the heavy before his gun is down and he isn't being healed it is very easy to kill him.
Those are ideal conditions . Not very realistic to expect that to happen a whole lot. :P

I never really understood the Force A Nature. If as scout, your goal is getting really close shots, why would you want your gun to push enemies away??? :|

At the moment, I'm saving refined metal up to craft a "Familiar Fez" for spy. The set bonus makes the decloak noise quieter. :D

Sometimes I taunt

and I accidentally

my Equalizer.

A haiku for the Soldier

I never really understood the Force A Nature. If as scout, your goal is getting really close shots, why would you want your gun to push enemies away??? :|

[/qoute]

The advantage is the faster firing speed for me. Also you don't get pushed that far away but if you do it confuses your enemies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Being pushed disorients your opponent. It can also push them into places they do not want to be, such as (depending on the situation and class) out in the open, into a corner, onto a sawblade, etc.

I use the FaN to launch a few guys off the bottomless pits you find on some maps. got both a heavy and his medic in 2 shots by propelling them to their deaths on one of the CTF maps.

On a side note, I must have been playing on a server of new players earlier. I went spy and got 24 backstabs and not 1 death. Dead ringer really is evil...

Retired Forum Moderator

If someone reaaly doesn't need his strange boston basher, I would like to buy it. I don't have much but I can offer some weapons. If I play scout nothing is better than boston+crit o cola tactic.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

If I play scout nothing is better than boston+crit o cola tactic.

Unless you're speaking about specifically Scout, Buffalo Steak Sandvich + Eviction Notice is pretty boss.

About Scout loadouts...

Primary: Soda Popper

Secondary: Crit-a-Cola

Melee: Fan of War

Get Soda Popper minicrits, drink Crit-a-Cola, hit enemy with Fan of War.

LOLWUT?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?