Team Fortress 2

I love how I can spend like an hour going through names for weapons in my head and they all fucking suck and then something like that registers in my mind. The main exception was "Australian Haircut", my friend came up with that and never used it.

Edit: I did forget, I owe the "scouty" part to Don, it was originally going to be "Cloudy"

the name's riley

I did a thing:

XKTQZtwtExs

I think my sniping's getting pretty decent :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I did a thing:

XKTQZtwtExs

You're sniping now?

I APPROVE. Let the hackusations flow through you.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I did a thing:

XKTQZtwtExs

You're sniping now?

I APPROVE. Let the hackusations flow through you.

NYBzZI8C4SQ

the name's riley

My biggest issue with sniping is that my aim is very jerky. I main Scout, so a lot of it is predicting where the enemy is when he goes off-screen. So, I have to jerk the mouse as quickly as possible across the pad and click when I feel confident I'm on the guy, as you don't have the reaction time to see the enemy that's there before you need to shoot. With Sniping, it's all about smooth controled movement and prediction, which I suck at, as my habits tend to jerk the mouse across the plane where his head is and click. It works point blank with a shotgun, but not with a Sniper Rifle.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Actually, when I snipe, I have a tendency to fling my mouse around the pad, as well. One of my friends has spectated me in the past and comments that in spite of spectator view apparently "smoothing things out," my aim is still incredibly twitchy and non-fluid. Might be because I use a pretty low sensitivity. If you ever get more into sniping, you could try increasing your sensitivity and aiming a bit less forcefully. I personally can't stand only SLIGHTLY moving the mouse, but it might work for you.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I actually use low sensitivities because it smooths out my movements.

tumblr_inline_mp4y7x72Vo1qz4rgp.gif

Disclaimer: This video is intentionally bad.

AqogYKNUcx8

the name's riley

That guy has way more lens flares, sample text, and 360 XXXnoscopesXXX than anyone else here.

Thank you, Space Jesus.

He who fights drummers

I actually use low sensitivities because it smooths out my movements.

Same here. Whenever I play a FPS I usually turn down the sensitivity to almost the lowest possible just to get as smooth aiming as possible. I have a 3000 DPI mouse.

Mine goes up to 5200... I usually run with in-game sensitivity at 5% of max, or raw input, and my mouse itself rarely goes above the 1200DPI, or below the 800DPI setting. Source engine games I usually have it set to 3.0 in-game sensitivity.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

hey guys I'm just going to say that I dont want you to invite me to any game anymore. I'm sick of TF2 and I got cured from it in any way. I'm keping my things tho, maybe I will sell them abd buy something one day.

EDIT: ok forget about it what I wrote, I will actually play tf2 from time to time. It's fun actualy.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I still play TF2 but most of the time I just do the same crap over and over in 2fort pubs. I'm wanting to start playing PUGs but TF2lobby's down and ESEA costs.

the name's riley

In all honesty I uninstalled TF2 a long time ago. I actually got to a point where I just didn't care anymore and it affected my performance. I usually just went around with a market gardener and rocket jumper at a time when all the old F2P's actually obtained skill and were at that stage in their TF2 career where they put all their effort into their play so I was kinda the odd guy out. I think I might reinstall it soon though. Even if just for MvM.

Still don't miss selling that Unusual I unboxed. got me 3 games 2 of which I play a bunch still.

I'm sure if I go back though my sniping career is in the shitter. my mouse sensitivity is set for fast movements with little hand movement so it's not too ideal for fine aiming. better for a soldier or demoman playstyle. Basically anyone who uses my mouse always says "what the hell your mouse is SO sensitive."

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

I never got into it and believe me, I've tried. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right to me at all. I love the style, love the humor, love the voices and all that jazz, it's just the gameplay that rubs me the wrong way. Eh, maybe I've played too much Call of Duty, since that seems to be my go-to multiplayer shooter nowadays.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm not a big fan of TF2... Never was... It just rubbed me wrong when I couldn't get the weapons I wanted after playing 60 hours or more...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm not a big fan of TF2... Never was... It just rubbed me wrong when I couldn't get the weapons I wanted after playing 60 hours or more...

Acquiring weapons is incredibly easy in TF2, there are scrapbanking bots out there that give you like two weapons for every scrap metal you have.

the name's riley

So I ended up reinstalling it. did a match and I guess a break was needed after all since I'm doing better than when I quit. It also helps that I cranked my sensitivity down so I don't overshoot my targets anymore. I just undershoot them now when I'm not paying attention.

First thing I do? Make some server mods turn on an auto sniper killing script because I got a few chain headshots on people running in a straight line. Seriously what is it with the easiest targets being the first to call hacks? I'm not even a good sniper. If they aren't standing still or running straight I can't hit them very well.

Also 2 years later, someone finally says something about the shitty pun I put on my frying pan's description. "Breakfast just got SERVED."

Retired Forum Moderator