Magda Conquers Black Mesa

magda.jpg

Hey everyone, here's an update you probably weren't expecting. I normally try not to have endorsements for other videos on this site unless it's something I'm involved in as requests for that can get out hand fast. Well I'm making an exception to this rule because my girlfriend has made some videos of her own and wanted me to promote them, so that mean it's pretty much federal law that I have to endorse them. So behold, Magda Conquers Black Mesa:

This is essentially "Freeman's Mind", except in the Black Mesa mod with her expressing her own thoughts. I've received several questions from people asking before if I plan to redo Freeman's Mind in the Black Mesa mod. I do not plan to, so this is as about as close as you're going to get from me, except it's not me. I had no involvement in the creation of this, this was entirely my girlfriend's initiative. All I did was show her how to do basic recording and editing.

I enjoyed the first episode, although my biggest criticism about her videos is her mouse movements are quite twitchy, so it may make you a bit motion sick watching it in full screen. Also I'd like to emphasize that while I am happy to give her free publicity on her videos and enjoy parts of them, I am playing Pontius Pilot and washing my hands of the matter regarding feedback on them. If you have compliments, criticisms, or requests for them, go ahead and post them here, or better yet, on her Youtube channel, but I'm not getting involved beyond this (admins will still ban anything that's not civil however). This is so I don't have to defend her videos against every potential criticism made on the internet. I would set my modem on fire before doing that.

Also it's worth mentioning that you may notice Magda has a non-American accent. This is because she is Polish. By extension, I have also been in Poland for a while now, although I was back in the USA during the summer last year when I had the meet-up. I originally made an announcement about this on April Fool's Day a while back to create some ambiguity however. Some people are still confused about that, so this is a good a time as any to set the record straight, I am actually in Poland. I fell for the attractive-intelligent-woman-throwing-herself-at-you trick. Even James Bond falls for that one. And really, I think the best April Fool's Day jokes are the ones that cause doubt not just on April Fool's Date, but even years afterwards.

Anyway, more work is being done on my videos as well, expect more this month!

P.S. Magda says subscribe to her channel!

ADHD version: Ross's girlfriend made some Freeman's Mind-esque videos! Ross is in Poland!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

So Paypal has been converting my Euros to Dollars, so you can convert them back to Euros, minus their cut? Next time I'll just mail it. :D Anyway, welcome to Europe, if it's not to late already for that.

Heh, Poland is indeed nice. I do reccommend visiting Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia as well. Sweden is also nice.

As for video- its interesting. Magda Freeman (ok, ok, out of character, but still). will wait for more episodes tho before sub, but at this rate, i am going to.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

So Paypal has been converting my Euros to Dollars, so you can convert them back to Euros, minus their cut? Next time I'll just mail it. :D Anyway, welcome to Europe, if it's not to late already for that.
Actually they get converted to zlotys. And sure, I guess I should mention that anyone is welcome to visit me, I'm located in Gdańsk specifically.

Heh, Poland is indeed nice. I do reccommend visiting Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia as well. Sweden is also nice.
Well I burned through a lot of my resources getting here, that would be a longer term goal. Also I eventually want to go

Well I burned through a lot of my resources getting here, that would be a longer term goal. Also I eventually want to go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCkICXWdWI.

that looks quite awesome. it probably feels a lot faster when you are on that thing as well

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Damn, that's what I thought as well.

My world view is now once again shattered (and I'd just cleaned up from last time). Ross actually in Poland... How's your Polish coming along?

Anyway, we should do a European Freeman's Mind meetup. Perhaps somewhere in Germany as it's somewhat more central, though I'd also love to see Poland some day. Any Europeans in favor?

SirNicholas: No no no, the center of Europe is of course magnificant city of Prague! Cheaper beer here than in Germany also... However, all FM fans should meet up in Innsbruck :-)

Actually they get converted to zlotys. And sure, I guess I should mention that anyone is welcome to visit me, I'm located in Gdańsk specifically.

Damn it, I can never get right who's got Euros and who don't. :D

Well I burned through a lot of my resources getting here, that would be a longer term goal. Also I eventually want to go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCkICXWdWI.

If you ever get to travel, you can probaly go around quite far without needing to pay for a hotel. Just let your fans know ^^ As for a meeting, Gdańsk has an airport big enough so that it can be reached easily.

Edit: Sorry for hijacking that topic btw. :) I have watched all three episodes by now and I find it promising. It made me laugh at some points. Altough it might have done you good to choose another game to avoid the inevidable FM comparison.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

As for video- its interesting. Magda Freeman (ok, ok, out of character, but still). will wait for more episodes tho before sub, but at this rate, i am going to.

Thank you! I'm working on perfecting this craft. :D I hope you'll enjoy next episodes. (Yes, that's me.)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

That looks awesome O:

I went on something similar to that in Vermont, but as I recall it was a halfpipe and you were going down in a sled thing, although I'm sure the strict American safety laws kept it rather tame. That ride (no breaks!!) looks like a ton of fun!

As for the videos, a good start and hopefully more to come! Practice makes perfect, but don't be afraid to try new things!

Yes I got motion sickness from the sudden mouse movements :(

It's fine when you're playing yourself, but if you are watching it can become a nightmare.

It's like driving a car, you don't get driving sickness while driving but passangers can.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Congratulations on the Big Move, Ross - Poland is a terrific place to be, a fantastic culture going through an epic digital media boom (Techland, cd.pl, and a terrific indie music and hip hop culture). All the best to you and Magda - speaking from personal experience, my own partner is from India, and hooking up her was The. Best. Decision. Of. My. Life. (I'm showing my age, I know... swift go the passing years). It's one of those journeys that only gets better as time goes on. So stay productive and stay creative, the both of you!

Holy crap! So you REALLY are here in Poland :o

And you cloned yourself into girl-version of you! Ross'alia Scott :D

As for the videos, a good start and hopefully more to come! Practice makes perfect, but don't be afraid to try new things!

Thank you! :D I'm working on the 4th episode. New things... yeah, they're wating ;)

Yes I got motion sickness from the sudden mouse movements :(

Sorry for that, I'm working to improve my "camera work" ;)

And you cloned yourself into girl-version of you! Ross'alia Scott :D

Oh no! It was my idea and I don't intend to copy Ross's work, just get inspiration from it! It's all me! :D

Thank you! I'm working on perfecting this craft. :D I hope you'll enjoy next episodes. (Yes, that's me.)

you're welcome :)

well, i subscribed :P

i kinda like the perspective here :D

Hmmm... Poproszę o jakiś niezbity dowód na te rewlacje. Np. Zdjęcia Ross'a z polskim browarem w jednej i płastugą w drugiej ręce ;)

Najpierw subskrybcja do mnie, dla niedowiarków ;)

Najpierw dowody, suby później ;)

Niestety, ani ja ani Ross nie poddajemy się szantażom. ;) Ale nasze seriale, każdy może oglądać :D

you're welcome :)

well, i subscribed :P

i kinda like the perspective here :D

Thank you! I already start feeling "exciting pressure" to make more episodes. Now I understand Ross more than ever! :P

magda.jpg

Hey everyone, here's an update you probably weren't expecting. I normally try not to have endorsements for other videos on this site unless it's something I'm involved in as requests for that can get out hand fast. Well I'm making an exception to this rule because my girlfriend has made some videos of her own and wanted me to promote them, so that mean it's pretty much federal law that I have to endorse them. So behold, Magda Conquers Black Mesa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xm2suH4-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkeq86I05w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXktzMCD3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2TY6CZjIk

This is essentially "Freeman's Mind", except in the Black Mesa mod with her expressing her own thoughts. I've received several questions from people asking before if I plan to redo Freeman's Mind in the Black Mesa mod. I do not plan to, so this is as about as close as you're going to get from me, except it's not me. I had no involvement in the creation of this, this was entirely my girlfriend's initiative. All I did was show her how to do basic recording and editing.

I enjoyed the first episode, although my biggest criticism about her videos is her mouse movements are quite twitchy, so it may make you a bit motion sick watching it in full screen. Also I'd like to emphasize that while I am happy to give her free publicity on her videos and enjoy parts of them, I am playing Pontius Pilot and washing my hands of the matter regarding feedback on them. If you have compliments, criticisms, or requests for them, go ahead and post them here, or better yet, on her Youtube channel, but I'm not getting involved beyond this (admins will still ban anything that's not civil however). This is so I don't have to defend her videos against every potential criticism made on the internet. I would set my modem on fire before doing that.

Also it's worth mentioning that you may notice Magda has a non-American accent. This is because she is Polish. By extension, I have also been in Poland for a while now, although I was back in the USA during the summer last year when I had the meet-up. I originally made an announcement about this on April Fool's Day a while back to create some ambiguity however. Some people are still confused about that, so this is a good a time as any to set the record straight, I am actually in Poland. I fell for the attractive-intelligent-woman-throwing-herself-at-you trick. Even James Bond falls for that one. And really, I think the best April Fool's Day jokes are the ones that cause doubt not just on April Fool's Date, but even years afterwards.

Anyway, more work is being done on my videos as well, expect more this month!

P.S. Magda says subscribe to her channel!

ADHD version: Ross's girlfriend made some Freeman's Mind-esque videos! Ross is in Poland!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS