Magda Conquers Black Mesa

czy ktoś będzie zrozumieć mnie jak bym mówił po polsku?

Would anyone understand you, if you were writing in Polish?

Well I would, since Czech is fairly similar to Polish, others can use some online translator. :)

anthony: Další Pražák? :-) Teď se to tady zvrhne v slovanskou diskuzi, k***a. :-)

EN: Another one from Prague? :-) S**t, this forum is gonna turn to slavic discussion then. :-)

Jsem z Prahy, no. Ale slovanské diskusi bych se chtěl vyhnout (alespoň na tomto vláknu) - přijde mi to nezdvořilé vůči lidem, co "Slovanštinu" neovládají :)

EN: Well yes, Im from Prague. But I'd like to avoid slavic discussions (at least on this thread) - I find it mildly rude to the people, who don't speak "Slavic" :)

RARRRRRGHHH!

Why couldn't you say that your in Poland earlier!?!? :evil::evil:

Well anyway I'm still very glad to hear of your real location as I finally get to say: Howdy neighbor!

I'm going to Poland this Christmas so if I happen to go to Gdansk(sorry for wrong spelling) I'll give a shout(a lot of shouting)!

Although I'd be very glad if you were to travel to the Baltic I'm afraid you'd wind up spending most of your money rather rapidly.

P.S.

I will check out Magda's videos as soon as I'm done with a load of reports.

Also my apologies for clustered text, hard to concentrate.

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

Congratulations on the Big Move, Ross - Poland is a terrific place to be, a fantastic culture going through an epic digital media boom
Yeah it's a mix, here's a quick breakdown from my perspective compared to living in Virginia:

Pros:

-Better quality food

-lower cost of living (especially food + utilities)

-better internet

-way better public transportation network

-no fear of having my life ruined financially if there's a medical emergency

-security / door sturdiness of apartments on average way better (I had my place broken into in USA, makes me paranoid about such things)

-Polish people more likely to protest against bullshit

-less bugs

-Polish people have more fireworks on New Year's Eve than Americans do on Independence Day

Cons:

-More air pollution

-tap water isn't good for drinking

-don't know many people

-kind of miss having more access to forest

-higher taxes (though this evens out with other things)

-incredible amounts of paperwork to deal with regularly

Dude you have: wódka, beer, yyyy.....some other things that people drink. Why do you want to drink tap water? :)

Dude you have: wódka, beer, yyyy.....some other things that people drink. Why do you want to drink tap water? :)

This very question shows difference between Poland and USA. In Poland you rarely ever think that tap water is drinkable. :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Hey Ross now that your in Poland maybe set the Location to Poland so people who happen to not read this post know where you are.

Also now since your in Europe does that mean I can send you stuff? Don't ask what I mean by stuff as I haven't figured that part out yet.

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

Woah. Just wow! :D Ross is in Poland, yaaay! That is almost near Hungary. (Well at least it was near before our country got cut apart.) If there was a meetup in Prague I would be there that's for sure.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Hey everybody! Episode 4 is up!

Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2TY6CZjIk

It's not like I was in a hurry (although got motivated more than ever with questions about the new one) :D Almost half of this episode was ready when the show got promoted :) I'm sligtly stressed if it's the same amusing as previous ones, however you like it, it's 100% Magda Style.

I thought it will be ready tomorrow but I recorded last minute today and processed everything (with some help from Ross, processing takes lots of hard drive space, many steps and TIME)

I hope you enjoy! Remember to subscribe ;) (I love this SUBSCRIBE - mania :) )

Magda how long does it approximately take to make an episode?

Magda how long does it approximately take to make an episode?

For my 4-5 minutes episode, if I worked day by day (with breaks for all the other things ) I'd say 5-6 days. But it's rarely so short. Right kind of mood is needed and if I'm tired or in a bad mood I'm not feeling like any voice acting. So it varies a lot. Plus fixing errors that show up because I use Source engine game :P

I don't improvise or maybe not yet, so I record almost all the lines after recording the footage.

The more positive comments, the better mood I'm in and the faster I record ;)

Keep in mind this is MY work style and Ross has his own. We do not get into ech other's way, except when we need to do voice recording, then just one of us can do that at a time. :)

Metal dish of consolation

:mrgreen:

Have you played half-life before this?

Yup! What is so weird about this "metal dish"? :)

The Poland thing was for real? Well ya managed to fool me Ross, I was 100% convinced it was a joke and was continually baffled by others thinking that it wasn't.

What is so weird about this "metal dish"? :)

I don't know. It's just funny. :lol:

It was an improv. "Metal dish of consolation" sounds nice ;)

PS: I'm at the beginning of making ep. 5! :)

Great right when I move to the Mid-Atlantic it turns out you've been in Poland for a while. Well, it sounds a lot nicer there so I can't blame you. (except for the part about no tap water; that and water fountains are the only ways I get water since I'm not about to start buying bottles of the stuff). This series has caught my interest, I'm not suffocating from laughter the way I was when I first started watching Freeman's Mind, but that's probably because I'm just used to Half-life jokes by now, though this is still very much its own thing, so I'll stay tuned for the time being.

Hope you're feeling better Mr. Scott.

HLPrincess actually is Magda?

So… Ross, do you speak Polish? :)

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.