Magda Conquers Black Mesa

This series has caught my interest, I'm not suffocating from laughter the way I was when I first started watching Freeman's Mind, but that's probably because I'm just used to Half-life jokes by now, though this is still very much its own thing, so I'll stay tuned for the time being.

Thanks. Glad you like it anyway :) The reception of the show is actually better than I expected. Stay tuned for the next episode. I'm having some technical problems but that should be solved soon...

HLPrincess actually is Magda?

So… Ross, do you speak Polish?

Yup, that's me. 8-)

Not so much. Some basic phrases and words and he's able to order a pizza in a pizzeria :P He's getting there ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Yup, that's me. 8-)

Imagine how dumb we'd feel if she said no.

Also, why did I always put off learing polish? It's all on the internet, there's no excuse. ;) I'm starting right now, with everyone's favourite word: Vodka! That was easy. I'm going to take the rest of the day off. :)

Yup, that's me. 8-)

Imagine how dumb we'd feel if she said no.

Also, why did I always put off learing polish? It's all on the internet, there's no excuse. ;) I'm starting right now, with everyone's favourite word: Vodka! That was easy. I'm going to take the rest of the day off. :)

Haha:D

Polish is not that easy language... :mrgreen:

I don't understand why vodka is connected to Poland so much. :P I don't like it myself. But just in case.. you say "wódka" ;)

I don't understand why vodka is connected to Poland so much. :P I don't like it myself. But just in case.. you say "wódka" ;)

Neither is German, and that worked out fine :D I honestly don't connect Poland to wódka or vice versa, it's literally the only thing I know how to say (not write, as you saw) in Polish :D But, growing up not too far from the border, I'd rather you don't know what most people in my home state connect to Poland. :(

Neither is German, and that worked out fine :D I honestly don't connect Poland to wódka or vice versa, it's literally the only thing I know how to say (not write, as you saw) in Polish :D But, growing up not too far from the border, I'd rather you don't know what most people in my home state connect to Poland. :(

Growing next to a border must give you lots of stories to talk about.... I know what are stereotypes about Polish people and I won't write them here :P

BTW, I was having techical difficulties with making episode 5 and my laptop is slowly breaking apart... BUT Ross made a totally new system especially for me and we're hopefully setting it up today! So if anyone has doubts, he's a very good boyfriend :D

I saw comments about quality of my microphone... everything in its time. I have a new system and that's the most important thing now.

Well... I actually like it!

At first I had my doubts do to episode 1, bet then again there isn't much to talk about in the very beginning of the game.

So now I'm glad I was honor bound to watch the episodes, now I must thank both Ross and Magda.

P.S.

Could you guys release videos on opposite ends of the week...please?

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

At first I had my doubts do to episode 1, bet then again there isn't much to talk about in the very beginning of the game.

So now I'm glad I was honor bound to watch the episodes, now I must thank both Ross and Magda.

P.S.

:) I'm happy you liked it.

I cannot speak for Ross about releasing FM episodes. I can only say I won't post mine on the same day as his . I'll keep some reasonable distance between our episodes. No way we'd be scheduling for beginning and end of a week though. I'm sorry but it won't work and you should know it by now :P

I'm aiming for at least one "Magda Conquers" before the end of the year. The closer to Christmas, the more busy busy ^_^

P.S.

:) I'm happy you liked it.

I cannot speak for Ross about releasing FM episodes. I can only say I won't post mine on the same day as his . I'll keep some reasonable distance between our episodes. No way we'd be scheduling for beginning and end of a week though. I'm sorry but it won't work and you should know it by now :P

I'm aiming for at least one "Magda Conquers" before the end of the year. The closer to Christmas, the more busy busy ^_^

Well I'm not saying you have to post one opposite ends of the week, but I'd be glad if you made like a 2 or 3 day distance.

I think I might search for a Christmas mod for Half life just to get in the mood for Christmas.

P.S.

I might be going to Poland before Christmas to do some shopping so I'll give a shout if I'm going trough Gdansk!

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

Well I'm not saying you have to post one opposite ends of the week, but I'd be glad if you made like a 2 or 3 day distance.

I think I might search for a Christmas mod for Half life just to get in the mood for Christmas.

P.S.

I might be going to Poland before Christmas to do some shopping so I'll give a shout if I'm going trough Gdansk!

There will be a distance in time between my and Ross's episodes. Can't guarentee how long though. It'll be reasonable most of the times :P

Christmas mod sounds great!.... but I'm not putting it in MCBM (short name of my show ;) ) It's not a drug trip, at least not yet... :mrgreen:

Sure, let us know if you're nearby! e-mail or PM! You probably want to see Ross more than me ;d (I'm not that famous yet?)

Cheers!

PS: As usualy I was too optymistic about my new system. It's up but not 100%. Probably later today or tomorow and I can process my game demo... It's so good to have a new, powerful system instead of a laptop!

BUT Ross made a totally new system especially for me
I resurrected an old system that was missing a power supply, Magda's making it sound like I'm spending big, we're still living quite frugally.

BUT Ross made a totally new system especially for me
I resurrected an old system that was missing a power supply, Magda's making it sound like I'm spending big, we're still living quite frugally.

We are... but for me its a totally new system comparing to my laptop that's slowly breaking apart :P

Wow! Ross is in Europe!?

That just made me create an account here to express my surprise and joy! :D

Anyway, we should do a European Freeman's Mind meetup. Perhaps somewhere in Germany...

As a German I second that! Although Prague (being an extremly beautiful city) would also be nice.

And "Magda 'n Ross meetup" would be a better fitting title by now, I guess ;)

If you ever get to travel, you can probaly go around quite far without needing to pay for a hotel. Just let your fans know...

I also think that folks (myself included) throughout Europe would gladly help out the two of you.

@Magda: Surprisingly enough for my ears your accent sounds French most the time! ^^

And I'm eager to know how Magda Freeman will handle stuff once the shit hits the fan! : )

Wow, this was awesome, Magda. I was so surprised to see this blog post a week ago.

It is an awesome thing to have you do your own series alongside Ross as he does Freeman's Mind.

I think your "Conquer" series, along with Chell's Mind and Barney's Mind, are amongst the cutest of

the 'Let's Play/Mind' subgenre/universe. These were some of my favorite lines:

"Turn left at the radioactive waterfall. Please admire."

"Say 'hi' to Dr. Cross for me." "Oh man, *shakes head* not good tactics."

"Is this guy a ghost? Yeah, Holy Bible should answer my question."

"Yep, yep yep, there's a pepperoni pizza in my near future." "Yes... Hope you choke on it." "Hehehehe."

*Throws bin at desk* "You're invading my comfort zone, Doc." "I'm invading the whole game!" *Throws bin again*

"Control yourself, Gordon!" "Brlrblrblrbrl!"

"It's a Christmas Tree graph... So, this machine makes Christmas. Wow."

"This is the department of funny sounds?"

Sometimes I wish I could liberate people with an actual engine that runs as it should. I feel like some of

them are so suppressed they don't even know it. Of course, it's also good to be content as well.

This very question shows difference between Poland and USA. In Poland you rarely ever think that tap water is drinkable. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I understand that. I'm lucky to live in a place with good tap water, but my friend from Europe

took a while to trust how clean it was. They always boil tap water first before they use it for anything.

RARRRRRGHHH!

Why couldn't you say that your in Poland earlier!?!? :evil::evil:

Well, heavens, we've all been saying it for years! All seemingly in jest though, of course.

Although regarding that, I would like to thank/congratulate you guys on officially revealing your relationship

and location to everyone after so long. It's quite a romantic story how you guys moved together, so I hope

you're both happier people, and like visiting each other's country. Also, is your name short for Magdalena at all?

And "Magda 'n Ross meetup" would be a better fitting title by now, I guess ;)

@Magda: Surprisingly enough for my ears your accent sounds French most the time! ^^

And I'm eager to know how Magda Freeman will handle stuff once the shit hits the fan! : )

Wow! That makes me feel a bit awkward. I guess now I officially have fans? Wow!

That's interesting about my accent. I learned some French at school and even in Frence a while ago... But I didn't know it had such an impact! Especially that I don't speak fluent French.

I'm happy you are curious about the series. I'm working on 5th episode. I wish my throat didn't get tired. After a while it's hard to talk and listen to your own voice :mrgreen: But in Black Mesa it takes time for the hell to unleash... :P

Wow, this was awesome, Magda. I was so surprised to see this blog post a week ago. It is an awesome thing to have you do your own series alongside Ross as he does Freeman's Mind. I think your "Conquer" series, along with Chell's Mind and Barney's Mind, are amongst the cutest of the 'Let's Play/Mind' subgenre/universe.

Thank you :) I'm working the best I can on it. I'm pretty surprised about the positive feedback. It's great you liked so many quotes. I like being smartass like Freeman too:P Maybe even bigger smartass :D

Sometimes I wish I could liberate people with an actual engine that runs as it should. I feel like some of them are so suppressed they don't even know it. Of course, it's also good to be content as well.

Aww... Ross is working on it. It should be 100% ready for me to work in a few days :D It's so great to record without computer stuttering every once in a while :P

I'm lucky to live in a place with good tap water, but my friend from Europe took a while to trust how clean it was. They always boil tap water first before they use it for anything.

I boil it too. Even if local authorities say it's clean, I never know what's going on on the way. The pipeline is old in some parts. I've heard some crazy stuff about tap water:P

RARRRRRGHHH!

Why couldn't you say that your in Poland earlier!?!? :evil::evil:

Well' date=' heavens, we've all been saying it for years! All seemingly in jest though, of course.

Although regarding that, I would like to thank/congratulate you guys on officially revealing your relationship and location to everyone after so long. It's quite a romantic story how you guys moved together, so I hope you're both happier people, and like visiting each other's country. Also, is your name short for Magdalena at all?[/quote']

Well... It's a long story how we didin't say oficially... I waskinda crazy about it. Now it's 100% confirmed!

Thank you Otto. I feel really embarassed in a way :oops: It is a romantic story. It's actually one of the best "how you met" stories! I could write to a magazine and they'd think I'm making stuff up :) I don't know what to write more. No one commented on this like you :D EDIT: Magda is short for Magdalena ;]

Episode 5 is in making! you'll get it soon guys! ;) "soon" :P

Merry Christmas!

Episode 5 is up!

_YBNM0b77tM

Subscribe to get a free gingerbread! In your uimagination ;)

I already subscribed after the first three episodes, how come I didn't get a gingerbred? That's unfair. :-(

Also: Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia (Okay, I copied that off Google. But I'm going to learn Polish. Like first thing next year. Wait, I'm going to be hungover. Better reschedule for summer or so.)

"Orange is the new black." <--I must have this on a t-shirt. :D

Thanks :D It's amazing to know someone wants something I said on a t-shirt! :mrgreen: I just need to get 10000 subscribers to have a t-shirt store!

I already subscribed after the first three episodes, how come I didn't get a gingerbred? That's unfair. :-(

Also: Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia (Okay, I copied that off Google. But I'm going to learn Polish. Like first thing next year. Wait, I'm going to be hungover. Better reschedule for summer or so.)

You need to read what's written with very small letters ;)

Thank you for the wishes. It's after Christmas so I wish you Szczesliwego Nowego Roku 2014! PS: Good luck with Polish, it may work better when you are drunk :lol: