Escape From Machinima (Part 2)

I suspect any type of legal drama like this would drive most people to a stressed or depressive mood.
The time from December to late August was perhaps the most sustained stressful period of my entire life. I've had worse times, but not ones that lasted unabated for 8 months. After it was over Magda said my face even began to start looking better.

That was kinda sad to see but Ross's face changed to much better looking and got back its colors after Machinima shit got finally sorted out. He should've get personal apalogy from Machinima *@!#$^ but of course nothing like this happened. For this amount of stress, that also touched me personally...ohh... I should leave this thing alone :P I'm just still pissed off. I'm happy it has all finished. The most lingering months since verry long time.

The stressed out look is probably close to Freeman's in Black Mesa. I saw it, never want to see it again.

Finito :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

In my head I keep thinking that Machinima will try to kill Ross. He is Machinima's biggest enemy.

Lock your door, Ross, we want more Freeman's Mind videos comming. We will protect you with our keyboards and cups of coffee.

In my head I keep thinking that Machinima will try to kill Ross. He is Machinima's biggest enemy.

Lock your door, Ross, we want more Freeman's Mind videos comming. We will protect you with our keyboards and cups of coffee.

This kinds of comments bring unhealthy imaginations into my head, and this is quite stressfull. :?

Save your anger and rage for the HECU, Magda and Ross. ;)

I should try it... For "Magda Conquers" :]

Dammit ross, where do you keep finding so awesome pictures for your posts(the kinda big update ones)? You must be some kind om image seeking pro... something.

Just registered to answer to this topic. (Antibot questions become alot harder, if english is not your mother tongue btw, thank the gods for google!)

I used to follow the freemans mind series back in the days when it was still under the flag of machinima, although I generally don't care for machinimas at all. I remeber being confused when it ended and then forgetting about it like it so often happens with treasures found online. Not so long ago I somehow got to this site and was just happy to watch this very intriguing series of yours again. Now I read this huge wall of text concealed by magic artwork and alot of things become clear to me after following up on this topic a bit more.

Fraud was the first word that came to my head but it does not seem to fit the whole incident. That is because they must have profitted in a huge way by this breach of contract. I sure do know that this would be a major delict in the legal framework of my country and find it hard to believe that this could be settled outside of a courtroom.

Besides that I wish to thank you for the good times I had with this series so far and will stay tuned for all that is to come. And since I already took the time to write this: all the best to you both.

Cześć & alles Gute!

and also: The doom bit was friggin awesome!!!

Personally, I'm still skeptical they can claim rights to videos based on content owned by another company
Yeah you and me both. Especially since Valve made their policy official in 2013:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/videopolicy.html

I know I would rather get partnered up with That Guy With The Glasses
The cool thing with them is there IS no contract, just an informal agreement and guidelines to follow. If they went evil puppetmaster for some reason later on, I could always just leave.

small suggestion- if you want to check dates, chances are that web archive got page stored. i know that few people have gotten proof with video rights (true, unrelated to machinima but other network/user) issues trough that even when people already removed the evidence.
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but almost every time in the past I've tried to use that for something I thought was gone, there would be errors and it wouldn't work. Regardless, people are welcome to fact check this stuff. The blip.tv takedown happened in mid-May after I informed them of it.

I do know I like Doug Walkers videos, aswell as Brad Jones's, Leo Thompson's, & Angry Joe's so if I was to get partnered up I know I would be able to be familiar with the territory and would be ok with the Agreement, informal or otherwise, and I think Doug Walker will never go Evil Puppet master in any way since he doesnt seem cruel enough to do so

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Yep. That's the main reason we suggested TGWTG in the first place for Ross. Seemed like the Channel Awesome people are...well, awesome in that regard. Even the people's videos I don't really care for (like the individuals involved in WTFIWWY), I'm grateful that they have an outlet with which they can create videos to say what they want to say.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross, do you think that after all you've been through, Machinima deserves the "Evil Company" sticker and thus join the club with EA? Just saying :D

Man. This is just simply not the internet I remember from 8 years ago.

Sorry to hear what happened, Ross. Glad you escaped. Seems everyone's trying to rip everyone else off these days.

Yep. That's the main reason we suggested TGWTG in the first place for Ross. Seemed like the Channel Awesome people are...well, awesome in that regard. Even the people's videos I don't really care for (like the individuals involved in WTFIWWY), I'm grateful that they have an outlet with which they can create videos to say what they want to say.

Nash seems ok, but I have no idea what WTFIWWY is even about so I do know what you mean

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Ross, you are the best. Honestly, the only reason I watched Machinima was to watch your Freeman's Mind. Now that you are gone, Machinima can just go away. Honestly, this is like Disney disowning Mickey Mouse. Go on, we are watching. I followed you on Youtube, and I love it. Must find a way for me to donate so you don't have to give a quid to paypal. Bleh. Lots of fans out here.

~techdude

Well, after a minute or so of looking at the machinima website I've come to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic downfall to yet another media entertainment. Nowadays entertainment is blatantly focused towards very easy to make and immature content without much thought put into it. It's as easy as saying that it's "good" or "realistic" that people can end up sucking up like it's some crazy 99 percent discount of something and it's quite sad. And below are some pictures of what I saw in machinima's website after looking around for a minute. A lot of false advertising on it and typical corporate slang put into it. Also a lot of treating you as a child (also a theme in a lot of modern media nowadays, I suppose to appeal to the younger audience and such).

6lQDa.jpg

"cough"

'#1 entertainment channel on youtube'

6lQzM.jpg

Moving beyond and screwing you over in the process!

6lQL4.jpg

That's a scary thought

6lQO3.jpg

I don't even know how you can put that much lies into one line of text

(Spoiler is here because pictures are big and I don't want to upset anyone with that)

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

Well, after a minute or so of looking at the machinima website I've come to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic downfall to yet another media entertainment. Nowadays entertainment is blatantly focused towards very easy to make and immature content without much thought put into it. It's as easy as saying that it's "good" or "realistic" that people can end up sucking up like it's some crazy 99 percent discount of something and it's quite sad. And below are some pictures of what I saw in machinima's website after looking around for a minute. A lot of false advertising on it and typical corporate slang put into it. Also a lot of treating you as a child (also a theme in a lot of modern media nowadays, I suppose to appeal to the younger audience and such).

6lQDa.jpg

"cough"

6lQzM.jpg

6lQL4.jpg

That's a scary thought

6lQO3.jpg

This Machinima Interactive Film Festival promotion is a JOKE.

Looks like Machinima has "Questionable Ethics."

giphy.gif

They have more questionable ethics than a pimp and his 10 dollar hooker

6lQDa.jpg

"cough"

6lQzM.jpg

6lQL4.jpg

That's a scary thought

6lQO3.jpg

(Spoiler is here because pictures are big and I don't want to upset anyone with that)

They are a Joke, Gorilla Gong is where its at

6lQDa.jpg

"cough"

6lQzM.jpg

6lQL4.jpg

That's a scary thought

6lQO3.jpg

They are a Joke, Gorilla Gong is where its at

YEAH! :D