Ultranationalism

Is nationalism/racism going to destroy the current world order?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is nationalism/racism going to destroy the current world order?

• Yes
    • No, but it will change it
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Other

So what does this prove exactly?

What did he claim it proved?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, just food for thought... "Make your own conclusions" kind of thing.

What does it say to you?

Regards

What does it say to you?

Regards

That things could have been far worse on Euromaiden. Could have got the Army involved, and then the whole thing would be a Libya. Thank God that didn't happen.

This is not exactly the conclusion I made out of that article...

To me it says that the final shootout on Maidan was pre-planned and provoked by someone on the protester's side, with obvious involvement of the ultra-right groups. The government was manoeuvred into the fight and lost control before they realised what was going on.

Regards

To me it says that the final shootout on Maidan was pre-planned and provoked by someone on the protester's side, with obvious involvement of the ultra-right groups. The government was manoeuvred into the fight and lost control before they realised what was going on.

Regards

Regardless of whether or not it was provoked, the way the police handled it was grossly negligent (shooting right at the protesters when you're fighting a sniper? WTH?).

The guy is missing the point IMHO. It doesn't matter now whether Putin accepts officially that the troops are there or not. Everybody assumes they are there, anyway (clearly, someone trained and competent must operate all that equipment).

And for Putin that is no longer a big issue. In for a penny - in for a pound. He will not back off now.

Every time Poroshenko tries to bluff his way out and avoid decision, Putin will pin him down and ensure that the next time it will have cost Poroshenko much more.

These are the rules these games are played to. Kiev does not stand a chance anymore (even if they ever had).

And I believe that America providing Kiev with weapons will only give Putin an excuse to move in officially.

Regards

P.S. Here is a more pragmatic view on the situation IMHO:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/02/17/what-putin-learned-from-reagan-ukraine-nicaragua/

And I believe that America providing Kiev with weapons will only give Putin an excuse to move in officially.

Regards

You're actually right. Kiev's problem isn't weapons, it's low morale and corruption that's widespread in the UA.

Another sober opinion on the whole Ukrainian thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31486886

BBC has been sounding like a voice of reason recently. As it is a politically powerful organisation, I cannot believe that this is a random occurrence. That gives me some hope that there is internal pressure in the powers that be in the UK to really find a solution.

Regards

And we will never know if this was Putin's doing or not.

Russia won't officially acknowledge any wrongdoing, if only to save face by claiming any evidence of political assassination on their part is simply the lurid accusations of Western bias. If the political landscape of Russia changes in several decades time, then a public reversal of their stance may very well occur. Why only a few days ago Japan made a diplomatic apology to South Korea, in which they finally officially acknowledged the existence of so called "comfort women", essentially civilian women drawn from Korea, Taiwan, China, etc who were forced in sexual slavery for Japanese troops. Japan even went as far as donating one billion yen as compensation to survivors of the historical atrocity. But before anyone praises Japans benevolent leaders for apparently righting this terrible wrong, what they are really doing is picking and choosing where and when to consent to blame as it suits their particular agenda. It's a horribly cynical move and even South Korea isn't universally impressed by the gesture.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Every single thing European patriots predicted is happening. Thank you all retards politicians who sees world trough pink glasses.

I love this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nBC-jVEjA

Please note this video was posted 5 years ago. Since then all problems he mentioned grew with no sign of stopping.

Liberals can destroy world, not nationalists.

Btw. Israel is most nationalistic western world country, ironically.

This is an awkward question to answer.

What do you consider, "Ultranationalism" for example?

I would consider Turkish-Germans sending death threats to German Parliament for joining together to officially declare the Armenian genocide an abominable act against human rights to be "dangerous ultranationalism" on the part of the Turkish-Germans not wanting an atrocity rightfully associated with their history.

There's also the creepy vibe I get from leftist Germans, however, who seem to think recognizing actual achievements of their own country and not just living this life of "Oh, we must atone for our sins because of WWII." is "dangerous ultranationalism". One wrote a comment rather suggesting they hoped Hungarians and Slovaks all died out if a crisis hit them because, quite frankly, these countries don't have the funds to take in refugees.

Or heck, there's whatever you define as patriotic in America, which can be anything from a great thing to a disgusting thing.

There's also a bit of feeling that the World Order in it's current form can be considered a positive in the wording of the question of this poll, which I would hesitate to agree with, rather.

Ultranationalists?

Aren't they the bad guys in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?

And didn't they lose?

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

On 1/24/2014 at 3:02 PM, BTGBullseye said:

The main problem in the USA isn't racial in origin, but economical... Race is just a convenient excuse for people (not you, but the people actually causing the problems) to avoid the underlying issues.

Yes, I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I do think the racial/identity politics does serve to keep us from seeing how the powerful abuse the system. And the media is totally uninterested in anything that doesn't excite and create titillation. Create fear in people and promise bread and circuses is the strategy. Power seeks power.

On 1/24/2014 at 9:02 PM, BTGBullseye said:

The main problem in the USA isn't racial in origin, but economical... Race is just a convenient excuse for people (not you, but the people actually causing the problems) to avoid the underlying issues.

And from that post alone I can tell you’re white since it’s the only race capable of self-flagellating to the point of myopia. Dissociating socioeconomics from racial dynamics is the same as denying class struggle or automation, especially in the age of compulsory multiculti.

15 hours ago, Wwen said:

Yes (...) but I do think the racial/identity politics does serve to keep us from seeing how the powerful abuse the system.

“The powerful” use what’s real to realize their goals, e.g., a record number of blacks voted in twice the Nobel prize winner that followed the script by bombing 7 countries, yet their voter turnout fell sharply in 2016, the largest on record. Were the free cell phones the deal-maker?

15 hours ago, Wwen said:

And the media is totally uninterested in anything that doesn't excite and create titillation.

You mean the MSM that hides race behind any nationality du jour when abhorrent crimes are committed throughout Europe or the MSM that edits out the inconvenient ugliness?

45 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Racism is remarkably difficult to actually determine, but it's really not anywhere near as bad as you seem to think it is. [link]

I’m sorry, but I’m not a subscriber of Wapo so I can’t read nor comment on that. But from what I’m gathering here, the incredibly white J. Bezos' paper that blatantly lied about the whole Covington Catholic High School students’ debacle is interviewing a supposed authority on the issue, namely an “ethnic conflict professor”? That seems unbiased enough.

Either self-identification or peer pressure (or both), every single macro decision is highly influenced by what your collective is leaning towards. Whites are the only ones that repudiate this – even against themselves.

Speaking of MSM and 'the powerful', remember when Wapo promoted to no end the invasion of Iraq in 2003? Ah, good times good times.