Ultranationalism

Is nationalism/racism going to destroy the current world order?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is nationalism/racism going to destroy the current world order?

• Yes
    • No, but it will change it
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Other

Very critical of liberal policies, and implying that "liberals and like minded people are idiots".

You read insults in posts where none are intended. If I intend to insult, it'll be blatant and I WILL get banned for it. (unless it's somewhere where insults are either accepted or encouraged)

Do you have any proof that counters what I said? Please answer this question, even if you ignore the rest of this post.

That was a Godwin on my part, I apologize.

Accepted.

And your proof of this is?

YOU are the proof. You admitted you are a liberal, and every single opinion I voice that doesn't match yours you attack. If you insist on continuing this practice, you will continue to be the proof.

I can say the same for the right.

So can I... Your point? Mine is that the "right" does it far less, and nowhere near as disgracefully. (depending on your definition of the "right" and "left")

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Very critical of liberal policies, and implying that "liberals and like minded people are idiots".

You read insults in posts where none are intended. If I intend to insult, it'll be blatant and I WILL get banned for it. (unless it's somewhere where insults are either accepted or encouraged)

Do you have any proof that counters what I said? Please answer this question, even if you ignore the rest of this post.

You were pretty vague on what "liberal policies" actually were. We'll continue this in PMs, so as not to clog the thread, but it would help alot if you were specific.

YOU are the proof. You admitted you are a liberal, and every single opinion I voice that doesn't match yours you attack. If you insist on continuing this practice, you will continue to be the proof.

I'm one person, not an entire demographic. You're attempting to apply all of my bad traits to an entire group of people.

So provide proof that most of the target demographic doesn't do what you do.

Again, they never gave an indication that they were puppeteers.

Quite the opposite. It was exactly like a discussion between a CEO of a large corporation and her No.2 about some management reshuffling in one of the regional sales departments. They've agreed who should be promoted, who - sidelined and then simply agreed who will break the news to whom. And lo and behold - that's exactly what's happened afterwards.

Regards

Quite the opposite. It was exactly like a discussion between a CEO of a large corporation and her No.2 about some management reshuffling in one of the regional sales departments. They've agreed who should be promoted, who - sidelined and then simply agreed who will break the news to whom. And lo and behold - that's exactly what's happened afterwards.

Regards

Sounded alot more like discussing who they thought the best man to lead Ukraine, not "we're the real power in the country".

I dunno... Almost a million people protested in London just before the Iraq war in 2003 and a fat lot of good did that do.

Regards

It's quite easy. Talk to another person with the same views as me. YOU provide proof that "leftists" act exactly like me, and then I'll believe you. Otherwise, you're trolling.

I have already talked to many self-proclaimed "liberals", and they all do the exact same thing when it comes to political opinions. If you revert to the argument of "provide proof since I don't agree" you're just confirming my statement yet again. If you have no evidence contradicting my conclusion, please state that, quit trying to disprove by lack of evidence.

I have already talked to many self-proclaimed "liberals", and they all do the exact same thing when it comes to political opinions. If you revert to the argument of "provide proof since I don't agree" you're just confirming my statement yet again. If you have no evidence contradicting my conclusion, please state that, quit trying to disprove by lack of evidence.

Which is what again? Argue a point? Please stop using me to tar literally every other person you and others define as "liberals". I'm saying that for the last time.

I dunno... Almost a million people protested in London just before the Iraq war in 2003 and a fat lot of good did that do.

Regards

Of course, the UK isn't an authoritarian country. The people we see here could only be the few who are willing to risk themselves by going into the streets.

Which is what again? Argue a point?

Denying that there was an origin to the discussion does not negate the entire discussion.

Please stop using me to tar literally every other person you and others define as "liberals".

Why? You fit the exact same opinions and behaviors that I see from them.

I'm saying that for the last time.

You promise?

Regards

Of course, the UK isn't an authoritarian country. The people we see here could only be the few who are willing to risk themselves by going into the streets.

The point I was trying to make was that when a huge mass protest is totally ignored by the authorities in a "free" country (and mind you, with all the problems I do still consider the UK as being among the free-est ones) then it is to be expected that a protest in an "authoritarian" country will be shrugged off just as easily, no matter how many people did protest.

I understand your point though - that a protest where a million people would take part because they do not expect any reprisals, would be much less populous if they feared repercussions for themselves personally. Conversely, that a protest smallish by a "free" country measure is much more significant if happens in an "authoritarian" one.

Regards

Which is what again? Argue a point?

Denying that there was an origin to the discussion does not negate the entire discussion.

What?

Please stop using me to tar literally every other person you and others define as "liberals".

Why? You fit the exact same opinions and behaviors that I see from them.

You're trolling now.

What?

Do I need to repost the entire discussion for you?

You're trolling now.

You have a funny definition of trolling.

You're trolling now.

You have a funny definition of trolling.

Yeah. Fucking hilarious right?

Back to Ukraine, it looks like Russia carved out a bit of the country for themselves and are holding it. This will only be the beginning, I'm sure. More aggression further down the line is almost a definite. Ukraine got shafted here.

What future aggression do you mean - inside Ukraine or do you expect Russia to go beyond that?

Regards

What future aggression do you mean - inside Ukraine or do you expect Russia to go beyond that?

Regards

A bit of both. Basically doing everything short of war against the West.

I think in Ukraine Russia will back down as soon and for as long as they no longer see any moves towards Ukraine joining the Western anti-Russian alliances. They won't mind much a closer economic ties with the EU but not to the expense of the trade with Russia and certainly no military alliance with NATO.

Basically doing everything short of war against the West.

Well, "short of war" - that's not aggression - it's what passes for diplomacy these days...

Regards

I think in Ukraine Russia will back down as soon and for as long as they no longer see any moves towards Ukraine joining the Western anti-Russian alliances.

I don't think so. I imagine they won't stop until they have a land bridge to Crimea.

I will be personally very surprised if they will push for that. They don't really need it and the price will be too high. A pacified Ukraine is just as good a land-bridge.

Regards