Anti-hype attempt

It was awesome, great to watch some enjoyable and awesome machinima again!

Best Civil Protection yet, my only complaint is you not showing us what happens to them at the end.

That's the WHOLE POINT, dude.

(but, what happened to the crackers...?)

Loved this episode, it kept me at the edge of my seat.

The guy staring at Mike after Dave went missing seriously creeped me out.

Still waiting for that download. . .

the first part was great, i was totally geting into the history,and then i saw the part 2,and i was like "wtf?",i mean, we dont actually need an end but nothing make sense on part 2,if you just want to be scary dont waste 13 minutes introducing us to a story who could make a game and then screwing it,the animation and the soundtrack were great but the 2nd part story was way lame...EVEN FOR A HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Loved this episode, it kept me at the edge of my seat.

The guy staring at Mike after Dave went missing seriously creeped me out.

Still waiting for that download. . .

You should do what I did. Use a Chrome Plugin to download the videos from Youtube at it's maximum resolution, them encoded them together. Right now I have a nice 1280x720, 26 minutes 12 seconds long video, that looks awesome.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Encoding them together results in quality loss, it is preferable to do a merge without a re-encoding pass, but I am not sure what software can do this.

I do not use Chrome, either.

Encoding them together results in quality loss, it is preferable to do a merge without a re-encoding pass, but I am not sure what software can do this.

I do not use Chrome, either.

Not necessarily. I only re-encode to DivX for compatibility with other devices, like mi DVD player (it has a USB port). There's no loss of quality.

If you want to simply merge the videos, use VirtualDub and set it to "direct stream copy".

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Any re-encoding results in quality loss, you are applying compression to an already compressed source. The question is whether the quality loss is perceivable.

Any re-encoding results in quality loss, you are applying compression to an already compressed source. The question is whether the quality loss is perceivable.

There are several lossless compression techniques out there, it's just a matter of whether you want more quality, or a smaller file size...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Hm, I should have specifically used the term 'lossy compression', indeed lossless compression can be done n number of times with no loss just like converting from one lossless format to another.

I use lossless audio (WavPack) for my music but I don't really have the space to prefer lossless video.

Hm, I should have specifically used the term 'lossy compression', indeed lossless compression can be done n number of times with no loss just like converting from one lossless format to another.

I use lossless audio (WavPack) for my music but I don't really have the space to prefer lossless video.

What is WavPack? I use all FLAC for my lossless audio nowadays...

http://www.wavpack.com/

Basically an open source codec that can be used with no fees. For example in recent version(s) WinZip uses it to compress wave files within zip archives.

I guess it is a hit or miss whether flac or wavpack compress a particular audio file better but wavpack has a cool (optional) feature; extra encoding work that can further compress a file without impact on decoding speed, but encoding can get sandwich-making slow at the max setting unless you have a very fast processor.

My only complaint is the lack of multi-core utilization, but to be fair that support is rare on the codec level, as far as I know only TAK does it. With batch scripting or using software like foobar 2000 one can get pseudo-multicore support by encoding 2+ files simultaneously with equally many instances of the encoder, each instance using its own core.

We are getting a tiny bit off topic I think.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Another open source audio/video encoder

This program can let you string several media clips together without encoding them, it will let you stream a copy which is basically copy and pasting the data into the new file, useful for ripping DVDs cause they code everything in MPEG II. Not to mention it has a feature were in can detect the file type even if the file header is messed up, very useful for ripping in-game music that would be in a mystical file container which is only in known in the minds of the programmers.

I swear its freaking Skynet...

I sent you a PM with the download links for the file I made. You should give it a try.

Thank you very much! I will grab them soon.

I'll make a thread in the Free-for-all section for us to post the various codecs, etc...

Best Civil Protection yet, my only complaint is you not showing us what happens to them at the end.

There was mention of a sequel.