Big money controlling news in USA

Sign in to follow this  

True, but there were still more peaceable solutions to the problem, as India and Canada can attest. The Americans? Violence of course. And you didn't bother to refute the very valid things Doom Shepard said about how revolutions/civil wars commonly turn countries into crapsack worlds.

And I won't.

Unfortunately humans will NEVER stop being assholes, especially those at the top.

Yup. Violent revolution keeps them away for about 200 years, so we now have a schedule for our revolutions... Once every 200 years...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And you didn't bother to refute the very valid things Doom Shepard said about how revolutions/civil wars commonly turn countries into crapsack worlds.

I think he thinks he'll be on TOP in the new crapsack world.

Not remotely likely.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

True, but there were still more peaceable solutions to the problem, as India and Canada can attest. The Americans? Violence of course. And you didn't bother to refute the very valid things Doom Shepard said about how revolutions/civil wars commonly turn countries into crapsack worlds.

And I won't.

Probably because you'll never win that argument, so you won't try. You could at least admit you were wrong, instead of not talking about it.

Unfortunately humans will NEVER stop being assholes, especially those at the top.

Yup. Violent revolution keeps them away for about 200 years, so we now have a schedule for our revolutions... Once every 200 years...

IT. WILL NOT. HELP. "Keeping them away for 200 [or so] years" doesn't mean the problem is solved! It only delays the problem at best, and puts in a dictatorial regime at worst. Continuing to believe that a bloody, possibly unnecessary, destructive revolution will magically solve all of the problems the US is stuck with is like saying staring at the sun will cure cancer. It is a fantasy.

IT. WILL NOT. HELP. "Keeping them away for 200 [or so] years" doesn't mean the problem is solved! It only delays the problem at best, and puts in a dictatorial regime at worst. Continuing to believe that a bloody, possibly unnecessary, destructive revolution will magically solve all of the problems the US is stuck with is like saying staring at the sun will cure cancer. It is a fantasy.

So do you have something that has been proven to work at least as well as keeping it away for over 200 years?

So do you have something that has been proven to work at least as well as keeping it away for over 200 years?

The point I'm trying to make is that there are next to no solutions, least of all revolution, to keep away corruption and tyranny. Yet, you still blindly believe in violent revolution.

Ok, so it's either do nothing, and let it fester, (your way) or do something that might work.

Doing nothing will definitely make it worse, doing something might make it better or worse, but at least it has a CHANCE of making things better.

Ok, so it's either do nothing, and let it fester, (your way) or do something that might work.

Doing nothing will definitely make it worse, doing something might make it better or worse, but at least it has a CHANCE of making things better.

A SMALL, and more importantly, improbable chance of making it better. I did think of a potential way to solve the problem through more peaceable means, like peaceful protests, legal challenge in the courts, etc., but you've already jumped to the conclusion "blood must be spilt".

That method has been tried several times in the past 50 years, and so far has had no success... My way has been tried and proven to work in this country.

Has everyone forgotten that education makes a lot of difference? The way people are brought up since young and form an integrated society is never impossible. Evidence includes low crime rates, high & affordable standard of living, high literacy rate, and good healthcare in countries like Canada, Norway, Switzerland (YEAH!), etc. I would not count in Singapore although it fits the profile, because the low-middle income class is starting to complain about social inequality.

Anyway, look at Norway. Plenty of fish and oil, but the government keeps a close watch on the fishery and oil companies, and redistribute the profits to the citizens. Is no one happy enough? Then we have the Swiss, true direct democracy, but rarely run into trouble.

Violence is absolutely unnecessary which only satisfies our desire to beat the shit out of someone else. If we were to violently wage a war against the selfish assholes, we are perpetuating a gigantic flaw of our psychology, and it's like telling our kids that there's no exception to freedom, let them do what they want. The politics in Thailand, Taiwan and Hong Kong are a mess thanks to unregulated protests and rallies because of bestowing democracy to immature societies.

So if we were to perform an uprising too early, before we educate ourselves how things should run for us to prosper as long as possible, it is not going to solve the problem which lies in ourselves.

Sign in Tip-Top Variety store window reads, 'Bitch-Slapped-By-The-Invisible-Hand-Of-The-Marketplace Sale'.

The government type and organization isn't what is wrong, just the corruption of the people that are currently running it. They will never give up the power willingly, and force is likely to be the only solution. Without the willingness to use force, they won't move. Corruption in the USA seems to be different from corruption in other countries, they don't ever back off, unless they're dead.

The government type and organization isn't what is wrong, just the corruption of the people that are currently running it. They will never give up the power willingly, and force is likely to be the only solution. Without the willingness to use force, they won't move. Corruption in the USA seems to be different from corruption in other countries, they don't ever back off, unless they're dead.

Exactly. But the force must be the right one, too. Like I said, the problem lies in ourselves. Until now, there's no other solution to greed and prejudice but civics, arts, and academic education. Peaceful and long-term solutions are the mark of a modern, mature, and civilized society.

Sign in Tip-Top Variety store window reads, 'Bitch-Slapped-By-The-Invisible-Hand-Of-The-Marketplace Sale'.

Exactly. But the force must be the right one, too. Like I said, the problem lies in ourselves. Until now, there's no other solution to greed and prejudice but civics, arts, and academic education. Peaceful and long-term solutions are the mark of a modern, mature, and civilized society.

Shhh! Don't tell him that! He'll throw as much of his own "logic" around and you'll never be able to get a true point to him.

To BTG: How many times must I say this? USE PEACEFUL METHODS. Do you want to end up in a country that is in eternal turmoil, possibly under a dictatorship, otherwise a broken war torn badland, just because you couldn't wait for the peaceful process? Just because peaceful means haven't worked (at least in your mind) doesn't mean they won't eventually. I bet the people of the Soviet Union thought "we'd better overthrow the party", and they did. Peacefully. It took them about 50 years , but they did it.

Shhh! Don't tell him that!

My... mistake? This is a forum, relax.

I bet the people of the Soviet Union thought "we'd better overthrow the party", and they did. Peacefully. It took them about 50 years , but they did it.

C9lvzzH0STw

Sorry, I had to.

"Economic ruin" and "chaos" are the hallmark of an immature democracy (with respect to previous examples). Sure, removal of corrupt communism (take care, communism is an ideology, not a bad thing but prone to corrupt leaders) is perhaps kind of a good thing, of course there are some setbacks. But the point is, dissolving the USSR peacefully is way better than a civil war. The Russians, its neighbors (Europe, China, Japan, Korea) and the US are tired from WWII, they don't want another armed conflict to fight/intervene/buffer. In fact, USSR was drained dry thanks to the space race... and trying to build a Death Star... when the US tricked them into doing so. Opening the country is a good move to rescue itself...

@DoNotRemoveBeforeFlight, you pretty much proved what I was trying to with the whole Sviet Union allegory (and with a pizza hut ad to top it off! :D ). I think I've made my case enough times to say that if BTG still thinks revolution is the right way to go, we're done here. Goodnight.

you pretty much proved what I was trying to with the whole Soviet Union allegory (and with a pizza hut ad to top it off! :D )

Glad to be of service.

BACK TO BIG MONEY CONTROLLING NEWS

=_=|||

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/04/ipcc-report_n_5092182.html

Seriously? This is what happens when people are spoon-fed with bullshit since young. They can't be easily changed and they are willing to challenge science with their flawed logic. It is no longer "Global Warming", but Climate Change, because GW is a misnomer. Has spring arrived in USA yet? I guess... not. While it was still freezing late last year in US, there's the super typhoon which hit Philippines the worst! Oh, not to forget increasingly more hurricanes for US in future. That's Climate Change! Mainstream media is still not reminding us enough of the implications of centuries-old poor resource management. Not to mention Republicans and Democrats are never coming to an agreement on this.

People are ignorant, particularly older people who haven't had any education in years. Also our leaders whose education is in law and not more practical information.

I noticed they broke it up based on political affiliation as well... ONLY Democrats are significantly worried, Republicans and Independents have better than 50% unconcerned.

Maybe that's because the only ones pushing "Global Warming/Climate Change" are the Democrats. (it's a political agenda that they are using to trick people into voting for the country to spend more money on agendas that do nothing)

Maybe that's because the only ones pushing "Global Warming/Climate Change" are the Democrats. (it's a political agenda that they are using to trick people into voting for the country to spend more money on agendas that do nothing)

That statement is pure biased propaganda, as well as major flame bait. I refuse to derail the thread, but you are obviously trying to for whatever reason. I will not make a response if you post again, as that's feeding the troll.

That statement is pure biased propaganda, as well as major flame bait. I refuse to derail the thread, but you are obviously trying to for whatever reason. I will not make a response if you post again, as that's feeding the troll.

This. I live in Minnesota. CLIMATE CHANGE totally exists. Minnesota happens to be one of the places where it's actually getting cooler. The past couple years have seen longer winters, and in particular more snow, and blizzards. People who don't "believe in" or worry about global warming are stupid idiots who need to take just about any college-level geography course to learn some basics on how the planet works.

On top of that it would really be fucking nice to start using sources of energy that don't involve relying on dwindling resources. Money towards that would be a good investment but people continue to think that everything's fine when it's not. Seriously, there's money to be MADE if we could come up with the next big renewable energy source, but nobody in the U.S. gives a shit about innovation anymore. We're all just mindless consumers of stupidity, which brings us all the way back around to big money controlling the news.