Xen in 3... 2... 1...

Sign in to follow this  

We're rapidly closing in on the part of the series we most want to see, and the part of the game we least want to play. Any thoughts on how Gordon will react to his trip into Xen and the various features of Xen? For instance, Xen's nonsense structure, all the platforming, the gonarch, factories, telepathic messages, the Nihilanth, and of course "Get back here, you big orange fuck!" (Especially the last three.)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

There's going to be a lot of running, dodging and swearing that's for sure.

be nice to see the transition from HLS to HL2 straight after the train part on the same episode, or as a longer episode, but that depends. If Ross could pull that off on the finale then we'd truly be grateful, if that's not too much to ask.

I will add that the implications of asking for a longer episode as a finale would be asking for a lot here, I'm just throwing an idea into the table. There could be an alternative, make a short episode as the finale and open HL2 with a big one... I don't know.

What I would really enjoy would be an episode where Freeman catches up with Mike and Dave, that would make my day.

I just... I don't even...

How does Freeman even convince himself to start jumping between those... stepping stones at the very start? We may be past the fear of heights at this point but from the look of things Xen is a place where you just never... stop... falling. I'd get nerves on that for sure.

At least he can take the helmet off of one of the dead scientists, but he's not gonna be dealing with bullets from then on so whatever. But if so, maybe that's when the HUD will finally appear (probably not)?

...Drugs.

That's all I'm saying.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

...Drugs.

That's all I'm saying.

Is that a hint or just a theory?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?!?!?!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I seriously doubt Freeman will get a helmet. I do, however, think he's going to have a serious freakout when the Nihilanth telepathically speaks to him, is encountered in person, or both.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

...Drugs.

That's all I'm saying.

Is that a hint or just a theory?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?!?!?!

Every now and then Freeman makes drug jokes, I imagine him coming out of a portal like ''Damn, that guard must have slipped some acid on me, there's a giant testicle with an insect as a hat over there'' or something like it. :lol:

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm honestly wondering just how Freeman would justify going to Xen. Best idea I can come up with is that he somehow becomes convinced that it'll get him a lot of fame and money or something like that. But I'm sure its already planned though so I'll just wait and see.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I'm thinking that he'll be forced into the portal. He'll be standing on the bridge to the portal and then agrunts will start teleporting in and he starts backing up to fire at them, his back to the portal. As more agrunts teleport in, he's backs up more and falls into the portal. ;)

I'm thinking he will get confused and think that it is a portal out of Black Mesa.

I mean, it is, but not to where anyone would want to go, even given how bad Black Mesa is.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I agree, it's going to be one giant acid trip. Freeman will score something in the final armory room, a little reprieve the last five or so hectic hours. He's going to wake up on that train wondering how he ended up in Eastern Europe (familiar story, Ross?) after just one pill. I bet he has woken up in stranger places. :lol:

He's going to wake up on that train wondering how he ended up in Eastern Europe (familiar story, Ross?) after just one pill.

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: GOOD ONE!

*except this is CENTRAL EUROPE, not Eastern! :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

My mistake. ;)

No probs... it's a Polish "complex".

You nailed it with that waking up in Eastern Europe... :D I had much more laugh than Ross 8-)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Depends on your viewpoint really if Poland is eastern europe. When talking about culture or in a political sense it is often considered eastern europe. Even the UN files it under this label. Although this is totally wrong from the point of a geographist. Seeing how every scientist makes his own categories according to his profession it's probably a case of: Does it really matter? :)

When talking about Xen I do tend to have a few ideas in mind how Freeman might react. But it's all speculation anyway so I rather let my self get surprised. But if Freemand really does get his acid trip I would love to see the halflife mods coming in the play. Imagine him saving CShostages, then flippin around in Ricochet only to end up depressed in a WWIIbunker in day of defeat...nah won't happen but still makes me wonder.

I'd love to see if he somehow ended up in Portal/Portal 2 and then took a good, long look at "himself" (no changed playermodels) through a portal. Either that or get into arguments with the robots. I just like speculating.

(On another note i did once change my Portal 2 playermodels to one of the Freeman ragdolls floating about. The animations were all broken and the portal gun was stuck in his feet though, so it wasn't quite as cool as I'd expected.)

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I'd love to see if he somehow ended up in Portal/Portal 2 and then took a good, long look at "himself" (no changed playermodels) through a portal. Either that or get into arguments with the robots. I just like speculating.

"They're waiting for you, Gordon... in the Test Chambers." It's funny actually, perhaps not a lot would really change if that did happen.

That reminds me though, Freeman could be help up for a long time trying to get past that one part with the revolving platforms and portals. I bet a whole episode will be spent on that, and some of the best episodes are the ones where he gets really frustrated. Like, way more than usual.