Xen in 3... 2... 1...

Sign in to follow this  

I hated those spinny platforms, especially the ones that went up and down. That was an evil, evil level.

But maybe it could be going through those teleportals that dumps him into other games. Sort of like how in Concerned how Frohman ended up in Counter-Strike: Source for a week.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I hated those spinny platforms, especially the ones that went up and down. That was an evil, evil level.

"The aliens have these too? I HATE THESE! WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO MAKE ME DIZZY?"

But maybe it could be going through those teleportals that dumps him into other games. Sort of like how in Concerned how Frohman ended up in Counter-Strike: Source for a week.

I really hope not, to be honest. I just want to get to and through Xen, finish Half-Life 1 and move on.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I really hope not, to be honest. I just want to get to and through Xen, finish Half-Life 1 and move on.

Well, it could be like with other Mind Series, where Freeman teleports at random to other games, then finally stops teleporting and moves on.

He who fights drummers

Well, it could be like with other Mind Series, where Freeman teleports at random to other games, then finally stops teleporting and moves on.

I dunno, I always thought it really broke the immersion in the other mind series. Keeping things contained to the HL universe helps to make the series more cohesive.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I think he'll probably rant and rant about how likely a entirely different world with breathable air for humans is, or something similar.

Xen's gravity existing is pretty mindfucky by itself. Let's see him try and tease apart THAT conundrum.

Maybe there's a large, unseen mass under the cloud? Maybe the large, unseen mass is the cloud and we're towards the top of it? Maybe the cloud under us isn't a cloud at all and is actually solid ground, but the crappy graphics make it look like a dark cloud? Some mass must be down there to produce that gravity, and none of those would be a stretch.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Mini black hole... Wormhole with a black hole on the other end... Wormhole that is big enough to emit a gravitational pull... Artificial gravity systems... Many possibilities...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Xen's gravity isn't that hard to handle. But breathable air and flying platforms could use some speculation.

It's aliens AND teleportation, AND a conspiracy against him, AND drugs, AND in-house genocide, AND ghosts AND COSMIC DISCO BALLS!

He'll probably think he died and is in hell.

Well, judging by the release patterns, he is in hell! Development hell, that is!

I agree, it's going to be one giant acid trip. Freeman will score something in the final armory room, a little reprieve the last five or so hectic hours. He's going to wake up on that train wondering how he ended up in Eastern Europe (familiar story, Ross?) after just one pill. I bet he has woken up in stranger places. :lol:

The funny thing is I just know that he's going to call the Combine, he's going to call them Fascists or Communists! I can imagine it so much it's making my belly hurt cause I'm laughing so hard. :lol:

Or maybe he finds some drugs somewhere and gets high and isn't thinking straight :lol:

....Well this is certainly interesting considering the latest episode.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I seriously doubt Freeman will get a helmet. I do, however, think he's going to have a serious freakout when the Nihilanth telepathically speaks to him, is encountered in person, or both.

I look forward to seeing that.

Or maybe he finds some drugs somewhere and gets high and isn't thinking straight :lol:

....Well this is certainly interesting considering the latest episode.

Yeah. But given his history, are we really that surprised? He'll either find stimulants to cope with an impossible situation or a boring one. Say, this fact in particular opens up some perspectives for HL2. Most of the early picking stuff out of trashcans and thrashing about city 17's sewer system really could point at Gordon becoming a degenerate, homeless addict. Bum fights! :lol:

What's this about waking up in Eastern Europe?

It's something Freeman does at the beginning of Half-Life 2?

Oh, and Ross is now in Poland, so they made a joke about that.

Here we go... And I am expecting Freeman to have a MASSIVE freak out at the beginning of the next episode.

All I can think of on Freeman's reaction to Xen is the sounds he makes when he's about to fall or almost had a fall.

"WAHWAHWAHWAH!!"

-See the episode he was jumping across the cliff.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D