Help Make Freeman's Mind HD!

Currently sitting at $6615... Not bad... I wish I could raise that much in 24 hours just by asking for it...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I know some who don't... They tend to live sad and lonely lives.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I dropped some in the tip jar as well, thanks for FM! And why Poland?

Poland is because of his Polish girlfriend, that is, me :D

OMG! The response from people is more than I expected and I know Ross is such a good man (and a great artist! ;) ), he deserves all this support! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:I always think I make a fool of myself on the forums... whateva :mrgreen:

so you are Magda? can I say you did very well on your videos on trying to defeat Black Mesa Source? because its true, you gave Ross a run for his money but he just does it for the comedy ;)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

My family an k are in a really bad money position right now, so I can't afford to donate, but I really hope you pull through, Ross! Whether or not your next video is in HD, I'll watch, laugh and enjoy all the same.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

Hey, Ross!

I will try to contact a Russian organization (which translates Freeman's Mind) that she shared the money earned also due to you!

Несу добро в массы!

Long time viewer, not very active here.

Freemand's Mind not being in a HD-ready format isn't that big of a deal.

However, having someone as dedicated and creative as you is. Therefore, my small chip in is mandatory.

And I only now noticed paypal has monthly donations. Hmhmhm...

Also, if you'd ever consider Patreon, I'm also disposing of some of my excess money there.

(Well, I have a job, that pays ok, but sort of brings me down. I would love to be in your shoes, therefore it's easy to relate).

And hello from neighbor Lithuania! We should go to Tatras for a hike! xD

--♪♫

ps.: Poland can into space? Brazil can't... :oops:

I haven't heard about any Polish space exploration program... but I don't have a TV :) What do you mean?

that was reference to popular stereotypic comic series known as Polandball

this seems to be reference to this particular comic:

492196802.jpg

and Estonia can get into space *semi-evil laugh*

if you want to read more, here is reddit page http://www.reddit.com/r/polandball/

Also, if you like stereotypical laughter, you may also want to look for Scandinavia and the World comic series- http://satwcomic.com/well (random example)

or if you like anime, hetalia :)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Poland cannot into space. :(

I'd have send you money or even a drive, but I'd feel weird about it as I agree on your point on lower resolutions being just fine for an older game. Perhaps if you moved on to HL2, but.. trifles.

Too bad for me then you got more than enough to send FM into space. What am I going to do with all my money now?

What I was interested in was, how's the DotA2 announcer pack thing going? I mean that could earn a lot of money fast, I think!

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

You are awesome. Go on making videos. What ever they are. Threw some money in as well!

I actually also don't really care about the resolution. Better spend it on beans and beer ;)

Hey ross would you accept crypto currencies? I have a bunch of doge coins and some bit coin sitting around and I think your community would gladly send you some (especially the doge guys their crazy generous with tips! /r/dogecoin
Sure, in fact, I was going to add an option like that to the donate page, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll try and dig up the bitcoin wallet info I have.

Hello Ross, a friend from Brazil here, I love Freeman's mind and so always wanted to give you some money, I only could give $25 now, I hope it helps, good lucky!
Let the Benjamins roll. Oh, and hope my small donation helps.
It all helps, I live at a level where I not only think in dollars, but also in zlotys, which are about a third of the cost. Food costs around 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost of the USA. I can get a leg of chicken with the thigh from a deli for about $1.33 here.

I find Ross's method looks better.
It's complicated! I've had a chance to test it out now. Mine absolutely looks better for the same amount of frames, but Srcdemo2 can scale to a high degree and move the load off the hard drive and onto the CPU. What's going on here is srcdemo2 does the "dumb" frame blending, which I showed in the ghosting video, but can do it any framerate. In theory, this means you need an infinite framerate in order to have perfect motion blur. My method works off the data, then takes a guess at the motion vectors for the final step, taking a bit of a leap of faith. The less frames it has, the more soupy it looks, but you don't get that double-image you see in the srcdemo2 shots. In practical terms, src2demo might still be worth it, but it will take a VERY high framerate to compete with my method (I think mine at 180 looks better than theirs at 900fps). I plan to push it higher before I make any final decisions. At least it supports .PNG compression, that helps me no matter what.

Ross, it there any way to send you cash money? I have cash, but nothing I can really pay online stuff with.
Ha, well you could always mail it, though that depends on trust with the Postal service. I could also take a check and have my parents deposit it in the USA actually.

I'm wondering how much money he actually expected to receive versus how much he's gotten in less than 24 hours.
I thought I would make the $500 mark within 24 hours and was expecting it to dwindle past that, but kept my fingers crossed anyway. It's far exceeded that, this is going to save me.

Actually, if you have a free PCI-E slot, you can get a decent RAID card for 4+ HDDs, and put it and the 4 HDDs in to your computer for about the same price as a decent SSD, and you'd probly have more space to work with. Just think on this, the new 2TB HDDs from Seagate do 100+MB/s write rate, (the 4TB drives get around 200MB/s last benchmark I saw) a RAID0 of 4 of those will give you around 3-4 times that rate...
I may NOT have a free slot actually, I already have a sound card and another RAID card and my videocard takes two slots. I wish I could trade in my PCI slots for more PCI express. As for the RAID 0 route, I really am reconsidering it, but I'd like to see more "real world" testing. Where hard drives completely fail me is when they get hung up something and things stutter. Even making this video, parts of it stuttered so horribly in editing, some shots I really couldn't see until after rendering. It's not just write time, but also random access as well. Anyway, if you know of any comprehensive testing with RAID 0, let me know.

Currently sitting at $6615... Not bad... I wish I could raise that much in 24 hours just by asking for it...
I'm still kind of in shock over it, I hate putting burden on fans like this, but it is saving me.

What I was interested in was, how's the DotA2 announcer pack thing going? I mean that could earn a lot of money fast, I think!
It's in limbo, I have had zero luck contacting Valve. I may post on that later.

Personally the SD versions of FM are perfectly fine for me(were watching for Ross not Source)but, I'm proud to give as much as I could. This "Feed the Ross" fundraiser should be an annual event so he can keep his system up to date and not have to worry about anything but FM, CP, RGD and new projects (not necessarily in that order).

Personally the SD versions of FM are perfectly fine for me(were watching for Ross not Source)but, I'm proud to give as much as I could. This "Feed the Ross" fundraiser should be an annual event so he can keep his system up to date and not have to worry about anything but FM, CP, RGD and new projects (not necessarily in that order).

Honestly, I don't think that would be a bad idea. All of us could pitch in $5 or $10 if we wanted. Just created a donor's list and I think many people would be more than happy to give back to Ross with all that he's given to us

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

I shot $11 at you not long before this video was made, so I'm hoping that went into the beans fund :D

If you people don't realize yet how much this helps, when Ross wrote it "saves me" he really means that. I didin't even realize how much it saves us 0.0 Not mentioning I'm still flubbergusted with the speed of donations. Just.... 0.0

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^