Help Make Freeman's Mind HD!

Ross I think we broke the Donation Box its reached over 12 grand and well I think you need to make a follow up vid man this was as fast as DasBoSchitts Video for donations, he got a crapton for a new computer and wow did he get a kickass one

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

There must be a lot of aspiring freelancers that are envying you now Ross.

Hopefully the Polish equivalent of the IRS isn't giving you too much trouble. I donated what I could. Just promise me 1 thing: don't ever let yourself get bought out or sold to another corporate a-hole again if you can help it.

They've done plenty enough to screw up the internet and everything in between.

Can I just say how proud I am of everybody here? Even if you couldn't donate, (I'm in a similar financial situation, so I plan to

contribute later) to anyone who posted kind words, technical information or for just spreading the news, it's an absolute pleasure

to see it all unfold and incredibly gratifying to be amongst some of the best fans of the machinima world. Furthermore, all the

advice and resources you've shared concerning the frame/blurring option are also very valuable to me personally, so thank you to

everyone for their useful references and abundance of support to Ross.

You wanna know how it feels? Like frekin CHRISTMAS!!!!! :):shock::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSUFzC6_fp8

This is Ross's favourite Christmas carol, except he likes no-vocal version. But I love Pentatonix since I love great vocals so I give you this one. Mine and Ross's taste combined ;p

Hey, that's my favorite, too! I first heard it in the Home Alone movies when I was young, but it's still the most awesome carol

ever. Although I definitely prefer the more instrumental ones as well, namely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9GtPX6c_kg

Bells are freakin' METAL!

-Literally seconds after writing that, I discovered the large amount of actual metal covers for the song. Wow, including the one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC3O_ztCWOM:

uC3O_ztCWOM

That must be closer to Ross's taste.

Hang on, Notch is a Ross Scott fan? Puns aside, Notch has just gone up a notch in my book.
I wonder if the Minecraft guy threw some in, seeing as he's a fan.

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. It's amazing how often Notch donates to wildly different people, groups and charities. He's pretty cool.

I've been enjoying all Ross' works since day one for free. Fuck yeah I'm donating. I don't care if it's in HD Ross, you deserve it man.
I've been a viewer since the second CP episode, and your work has brought me many laughs over the years.

Good to see all you old-timers continuing your support throughout the decade!

2. The updated Steam copy will flat out crash when trying to playback ANY demos. I don't mind sharing the emulation files and demos I have on hand, but again, it's nothing but agony ahead.

Oh, THAT'S how you could always record in Half-Life: Source and I couldn't. Good new piece of information.

I actually own about a dozen souls from years back, I set up a booth with a friend where we bought people's souls in exchange for candy. I still have the contracts somewhere.

Wow, that's one of the best stories I've ever heard. I can easily believe you would've done that.

Q: Are there any prizes?

A: Maybe! I will send an email of thanks to everyone who donates. Also I'm willing to give any prizes that don't require me to act like a business and take tons of time to deliver. I am willing to record a line for anyone who's donated $10 or more, just email me about it. Also, I was considering releasing all the isolated voice files for all the Freeman's Mind episodes if people are interested in that. If you have ideas about something else you'd like to see, let me know.

Well, this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I'll first refer to this thread: Freeman's Mind in Black Mesa.

There were concerns that you removed some of your older voice track files of the series to save up space. I've been meaning to say that even

if that's true, I still have every ancient audio and video file you've ever sent me since the 4th episode. Of course I wasn't involved in all the later

releases, but the vast majority I do have backed up and access to, so I'm more than willing to upload any of them back for you. Even if it's only a

handful of people that are going to muck around with them and put their mixes up on YouTube, I know they would be hugely happy to have them.

These quotes really need to be more compressed, but the forum format does not allow it.

Hang on, Notch is a Ross Scott fan? Puns aside, Notch has just gone up a notch in my book.
I wonder if the Minecraft guy threw some in, seeing as he's a fan.

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. It's amazing how often Notch donates to wildly different people, groups and charities. He's pretty cool.

We'll know he donated a lot if the next Freeman's Mind episode is Freeman ranting about how amazing Minecraft is and how he could have tunneled out of Black Mesa AGES ago if ONLY he had a diamond pickaxe. Or how diamond armor might stop bullets, but would probably just amplify the effects of the lasers.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Damn. $12000 in a few days. That's... how much does a CEO make? More than that, but for the amount of time I bet it's pretty damn close!

Congrats and hopefully in a few weeks I might have some money. My last paycheck was very depressing but work is starting to give me my usual amount of hours again so hopefully soon I'll be back on my feet myself.

the Freeman's Mind in Black Mesa Source is quite funny, its as realistic as watching Ross doing it in Black Mesa Source without him doing it

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Unable to donate at the moment, I'll try to later but all I can offer really at the moment really is that I recommend you try out the mod Underhell the story is great and so is the music! Just you wait until the last two hours of chapter 1 and you will love it! The prologue is quite good too. Anyway good luck hope you get your life back to stability and go for a meal out I know you like to live on a budget but with all this money and your hard work you really fucking earned it dude.

2. The updated Steam copy will flat out crash when trying to playback ANY demos. I don't mind sharing the emulation files and demos I have on hand, but again, it's nothing but agony ahead.

Oh, THAT'S how you could always record in Half-Life: Source and I couldn't. Good new piece of information.

Actually, there was an update a while ago for HL2 to support HL:S... I'm guessing that has something to do with this.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Unable to donate at the moment, I'll try to later but all I can offer really at the moment really is that I recommend you try out the mod Underhell the story is great and so is the music! Just you wait until the last two hours of chapter 1 and you will love it! The prologue is quite good too. Anyway good luck hope you get your life back to stability and go for a meal out I know you like to live on a budget but with all this money and your hard work you really fucking earned it dude.

Oh and here's a link to the chapter 1 main theme. That alone should be reason enough to try out this FREE game http://tomstoffel.bandcamp.com/album/underhell-chapter-1-original-game-soundtrack Anyway good luck Ross I look forward to your next projects and videos!

He can't get it from Newegg since he lives in Poland...

Unless someone buys it for him and mails it to him, but then there's that extra shipping cost which is probably really expensive and otherwise not quite worth it.

He certainly brought home the bacon with this fundraiser. Take out your girlfriend, Ross. I'm sure she'd appreciate it. ;)

((Sorry about the double post, next time I'll just edit the previous post))

I'm just curious: What would look better, a 30Hz video with motion blur calculated from a 180Hz source, or a motion blur-less 30Hz video upped to 60Hz with a real-time frame interpolator like SVP (which also works on YouTube videos)? At 480p your methode probably works better, but at 720p and considering HL1's voxel (relative) simplicity, I'm curious on the comparision (I can run it for 720p with a 560 Ti no prob).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

I'm just curious: What would look better, a 30Hz video with motion blur calculated from a 180Hz source, or a motion blur-less 30Hz video upped to 60Hz with a real-time frame interpolator like SVP (which also works on YouTube videos)? At 480p your methode probably works better, but at 720p and considering HL1's voxel (relative) simplicity, I'm curious on the comparision (I can run it for 720p with a 560 Ti no prob).

Eugh, 180-30 any day.

Higher framerates are really important for playing games due to things like higher responsiveness and the lack of real films' blur, but watching video is generally fine with a lower framerate, so long as all the motion in each frame's time span is captured. On-the-fly interpolation (or interpolation to artificially increase framerate in general) doesn't look as good as Ross' method.

14 grand aleready? man ohh man Ross you gotta update us on the SSD details