How does not run out of ammo?

I don't even think you come across any HECU grunt safter you get the gluon gun anyways.

You don't. And I never used the tau cannon on them either in vanilla. Though, in my modded version, a few times. But Freeman didn't get the tau cannon either, or the hive hand (would also by useless, no way it'd get through armour) so I said nothing for them either.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I wonder what'll happen when he sees the alien hornet gun in the armoury room.

(On another note I personally found the hivehand very very useful, especially with the regenerating bullets.)

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I wonder what'll happen when he sees the alien hornet gun in the armoury room.

(On another note I personally found the hivehand very very useful, especially with the regenerating bullets.)

Funny. I used it at like two areas in the game. When I first got it, and when I ran out of 9mm bullets.

One of the reasons i like the hivehand so much is that i didn't really have to worry so much about aiming it right. (I'm partially blind in one eye and that throws things off sometimes.)

I just played with a guy at basketball who was partially or entirely blind in one eye. He had great sense of depth with his shots though.

I find actual mechanical guns more satisfying than the hive-hand, that's the only real reason I stick with bullets. I tend to use a bit of

everything though.

...we conclusively determined that it's totally pointless to post walls of text about possible real-world situations that might be comparable to the game.

But I like big walls of text about possible real-world situations in comparison to games. I thought it was pretty interesting, Seattleite.

Huh, that's odd--my depth perception is pretty bad, but that might be my screwy brain.

I tend to use all of the weapons too depending on what situation I'm in.

I became something pretty good at sneak-shooting and stealth though, to the point where I snuck up on a black ops assassin. I think that was cool.

On the other hand it can seem pretty weird when you use the pistol to shoot an HECU grunt in the arm repeatedly and he doesn't react at all (except for pain sounds) and then flops over dead.

But I like big walls of text about possible real-world situations in comparison to games. I thought it was pretty interesting, Seattleite.

Ha. Well if that's true you should follow me around. You'll get plenty of them.

Actually, I like them too... It's just pointless.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Actually, I like them too... It's just pointless.

If it's pointless and you like it, it's not pointless.

You didn't mention what the armor would do against the new "looks like plasma" gun that Freeman just picked up...

We already had a thread dedicated to the firepower realism of Freeman's Mind, and we conclusively determined that it's totally pointless to post walls of text about possible real-world situations that might be comparable to the game.

Just accept that the videos are fun to watch, despite the unrealistic physics, building layouts, weapon physics, armor physics, textures, imagery, etc, etc.

I think it's fun to do stuff like this, as long as it doesn't dissolve into anything.

In regards to the human body being able to take a hit, a friend of mine was stabbed 56 times in the chest. He lived to tell the tale.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Pointless is what I enjoy, so it remains pointless. The less point, the more enjoyable.

:| Your sizzling eggs confuse me.

In regards to the human body being able to take a hit, a friend of mine was stabbed 56 times in the chest. He lived to tell the tale.

Wow, what a tough friend. I've heard of 80 stab wounded survivors before, it really makes you appreciate your rib cage. If only we had

an exoskeleton, or more H.E.V. suits lying around. I definitely want to get a kevlar vest one day just because they look and feel cool.

The human body can be surprisingly resilient.

And simultaneously surprisingly weak... 0.001 amps can stop the heart... Permanently.

You didn't mention what the armor would do against the new "looks like plasma" gun that Freeman just picked up...

We already had a thread dedicated to the firepower realism of Freeman's Mind, and we conclusively determined that it's totally pointless to post walls of text about possible real-world situations that might be comparable to the game.

Just accept that the videos are fun to watch, despite the unrealistic physics, building layouts, weapon physics, armor physics, textures, imagery, etc, etc.

I think it's fun to do stuff like this, as long as it doesn't dissolve into anything.

I'm going to be the first to say I don't believe you. The impacts alone from 56 consecutive stabbings would be fatal, as each stab is basically a punch in the chest. We don't normally think about it, but the human body can put out huge amounts of force on a whim, and each of those impacts would be enough to break bones on its own. There's a reason more people die from single stab wounds than single gunshot wounds. Further, killing people is surprisingly easy, the only hard thing to do is killing somebody immediately. Even fairly small wounds frequently prove fatal through blood loss. This takes time, but so does the arrival of medics and the treatment of wounds. The only way this is possible is if the stabbings happened over multiple separate instances, and that's not what you said.

I'm going to be the first to say I don't believe you. The impacts alone from 56 consecutive stabbings would be fatal, as each stab is basically a punch in the chest. We don't normally think about it, but the human body can put out huge amounts of force on a whim, and each of those impacts would be enough to break bones on its own. There's a reason more people die from single stab wounds than single gunshot wounds. Further, killing people is surprisingly easy, the only hard thing to do is killing somebody immediately. Even fairly small wounds frequently prove fatal through blood loss. This takes time, but so does the arrival of medics and the treatment of wounds. The only way this is possible is if the stabbings happened over multiple separate instances, and that's not what you said.

Considering that he worked as a prison guard, I'd say medical attention is right there. Granted, it's rare to be stabbed THAT much and live for the exact reasons you stated, but it can happen. Good thing he had a radio, huh?

Also, by chest, I mean this area right here My fault for not specifying a bit of the upper abdomen was involved, but that's the area I consider "chest" to be.

I never said it was with a knife, either. Prisoners aren't allowed knives; I'm amazed he didn't get some kind of infection. Most inmates probably couldn't go tit-for-tat with Manny Pacquiao, either.

I still can't fathom why he didn't quit.

Considering that he worked as a prison guard, I'd say medical attention is right there. Granted, it's rare to be stabbed THAT much and live for the exact reasons you stated, but it can happen. Good thing he had a radio, huh?

Also, by chest, I mean this area right here My fault for not specifying a bit of the upper abdomen was involved, but that's the area I consider "chest" to be.

I never said it was with a knife, either. Prisoners aren't allowed knives; I'm amazed he didn't get some kind of infection. Most inmates probably couldn't go tit-for-tat with Manny Pacquiao, either.

I still can't fathom why he didn't quit.

Still more or less impossible. Unless it was with a fork or something and you're counting individual prongs, and that's not really 56 stabbings.

Still more or less impossible. Unless it was with a fork or something and you're counting individual prongs, and that's not really 56 stabbings.

No, it's not

Second source, just because

Even if the numbers weren't 56 and they were stabbed all over the body, it still can and did happen. Hell, he had better odds considering there was medical attention in the building.

Edit: Removed first 2 quotes and am adding this link

No, it's not

Even if the numbers weren't 56 and they were stabbed all over the body, it still can and did happen. Hell, he had better odds considering there was medical attention in the building.

So we've got what, a smaller number with a smaller and vastly inferior weapon twice in a row, and almost no information in a third. Great evidence. And funnily enough, the part about him being a prison guard means I kinda believe you now. But first, explain how it makes sense to be able to survive 56 of something that one of is usually fatal. You know how. Go ahead and say it. It's one word, six letters. Starts with an "a", end with an "r". Something prison guards wear, that means he really wasn't stabbed because the object didn't enter significantly into his body.

Yeah, that's it. Armour. Prison guards wear armour. For this exact reason. Doesn't count.

No, it's not

So we've got what, a smaller number with a smaller and vastly inferior weapon twice in a row, and almost no information in a third. Great evidence. And funnily enough, the part about him being a prison guard means I kinda believe you now. But first, explain how it makes sense to be able to survive 56 of something that one of is usually fatal. You know how. Go ahead and say it. It's one word, six letters. Starts with an "a", end with an "r". Something prison guards wear, that means he really wasn't stabbed because the object didn't enter significantly into his body.

Yeah, that's it. Armour. Prison guards wear armour. For this exact reason. Doesn't count.

How is a knife smaller than a shank? I could believe the shank being longer, but not bigger than the actual blade. The prison guard's Armour doesn't really help when you're being stabbed, shank or not. In regards to the deepness, you make a good point. There'd still be a fair amount of bleeding, probably enough to kill you without immediate attention, though.

That all still doesn't explain what kind of lunatic wouldn't quit after being stabbed so many times.

Wait, uh, disregard that question. We all know someone that's done that before.