Big Bang possibly confirmed

Sign in to follow this  

If you really think conveying ideas in text form is easy, then good for you... You're deluded, but it's your decision to be deluded or not, and I won't sit and argue with you about it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If you really think conveying ideas in text form is easy, then good for you... You're deluded, but it's your decision to be deluded or not, and I won't sit and argue with you about it.

Obviously I'm able to convey my ideas in text form. Have you taken any classes on writing argumentative essays or... writing in general? It's amazing how much having some further education after High School helps with this sort of thing.

Speaking of poorly conveying ideas, it seems like you're directly insulting me and anyone who is able to properly convey an idea in text form. How is an ability to communicate through text delusional? Clearly you must have meant something else. I know you know that insulting people is against the rules unless it's an obvious joke, and I'm not seeing the joke.

Unless the joke is yourself, which would be insulting yourself, which is... well it's fine. Self-deprecating humor and whatnot, I suppose. You do call yourself insane.

Man, I never posted my own thoughts On-Topic yet. Too much sidetracking.

OT: I couldn't possibly wrap my head around all that math. I wasn't aware there were even different versions or models of the Big Bang theory. All I understand that we only know the immediate moments after the start of the universe, we've yet to discern what actually caused it to start. For all we know it still could have been some divine being snapping its fingers. Or blinking. Or sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure.

Obviously I'm able to convey my ideas in text form. Have you taken any classes on writing argumentative essays or... writing in general? It's amazing how much having some further education after High School helps with this sort of thing.

I have extensive schooling for it, but I was never very good at doing anything beyond technical writing. (I could condense a 30 page essay on almost anything down to a page or two of pros and cons, and my personal opinion, but I could never get significantly past that)

Speaking of poorly conveying ideas, it seems like you're directly insulting me and anyone who is able to properly convey an idea in text form. How is an ability to communicate through text delusional? Clearly you must have meant something else. I know you know that insulting people is against the rules unless it's an obvious joke, and I'm not seeing the joke.

I apologize for my wording, I apparently was more tired than I thought I was at the time. I meant to say that I had significant difficulty, and that the vast majority of other people do as well. (especially when trying to convey an idea that requires an assumption or belief that the recipient is unwilling to have for whatever reason)

Speaking of poorly conveying ideas, it seems like you're directly insulting me and anyone who is able to properly convey an idea in text form.

To be honest, and I'm actually less inclined to say it now, but I find the responses by Bullseye, Vapymid and Wheatley

to be far less hostile and aggressive than your own, or Doom Shepherd's and The Pest's. I don't mean to be crass and

maybe I'm growing a little biased, but I think even his insult that you are deluded if you think articulating your ideas easy

is less offensive than the indirect insults and derisive scoffing that I keep seeing against him.

So you say. :roll:

Is there a point I'm missing in this second post? Are you disagreeing about the difficulty of translating what's on your mind,

or are you still insisting that he admitted to making up what Darwin thought?

Some claim it as changing a species from one to another, and others claim it is just changing the same species into a slightly different version of the same species after a thousand years of adaptation.

I suppose it could be a mix of both, but I get the impression that most people lean towards the second definition.

Does this quote help at all? http://dx.doi.org/10.1038%2Fnature07894 Unfortunately, It doesn't say what his 'resolution'

was or when he said it.

Does this quote help at all? http://dx.doi.org/10.1038%2Fnature07894 Unfortunately, It doesn't say what his 'resolution'

was or when he said it.

I kinda says what a lot of sites are saying, but then never finishing. (same as here) It's nearly impossible to find a site that doesn't flood you with "Evolution is right/wrong" stuff when you're just looking for detailed information about Darwin.

OK, to round this up: over half of Americans doubt the Big Bang theory of the inception of the universe, and about four out of ten doubt evolution or that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.

As the latest AP - GfK poll suggests :-)

Regards

OK, to round this up: over half of Americans doubt the Big Bang theory of the inception of the universe, and about four out of ten doubt evolution or that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.

As the latest AP - GfK poll suggests :-)

Regards

tl;dr: We lave a lot of morons over here.

Had an argument about this with a lady this morning, she was all "doubt IS scientific."

NO.

Let me introduce you to the Therory of Head-Punching, and its doubters.

The theory postulates that if I swing my fist towards your head at a high velocity, then a few moments later, I will have punched you in the head. Then, you try and doubt that it happened. When the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the theory that I just punched you in the head, doubt becomes the opposite of scientific. Instead it is used as an article of faith. ("Knowing this makes me uncomfortable, so I will choose to believe that I doubt it!")

Of course, anyone who wants to deny the validity of the Theory of Head-Punching is welcome to contact me, and we can put the theory to the test. :twisted:

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Is there a point I'm missing in this second post? Are you disagreeing about the difficulty of translating what's on your mind,

I interpreted that he was just using a cop out to leave the argument. That's the meaning of the second post.

I interpreted that he was just using a cop out to leave the argument. That's the meaning of the second post.

I'll disagree with it. Plenty of people have no problem converting their ideas and meaning into text. We call this strange class of people "writers."

Writing isn't for everyone, and it CAN be difficult, but the fact that they do exist (and that not all writers are "delusional" kinda opens up a few holes in the statement. I doubt Isaac Asimov would have written over 500 books, on all sorts of subjects, if it were really difficult for him.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Yeah, but he did have some freaky notions about robots being commonplace right about now. (damn you governments for not advancing technology fast enough! We need a war to help us along)

Goes to show, even scientists with 'peer-reviewed' findings can be very wrong. *looks in the direction of ThePest179*

Goes to show, even scientists with 'peer-reviewed' findings can be very wrong.

Well, that's what peer reviews are for - they find mistakes which the original researchers miss, as happened in this case.

Regards

Indeed. That doesn't mean that they're infallible though, just because they're 'peer-reviewed', and haven't been challenged for a few years. (that is what ThePest179 has been implying consistently throughout all topics)

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.