Fundraiser Update

Orgasmic. I have no idea what to do with them (except for auditory ransom notes, of course). But I just love having this kind of stuff. (On a remotely-related note: Valve left some of their alternative recording in the game-files. Look up /steamapps/common/Half-Life/valve/sound/gman/gman_nogregret.wav for an alternative-alternative ending...).

I know, I'm as crazy about this stuff as you are, except for pretty much everything I can get my hands on from Valve in general.

If you have any massive collections of conceptual art or source engine documents or old beta sound files, I'd love to hear from you.

I thought that "alternate ending" was still in the game when you decline his offer? Or else it must be in the old WON version, that

was a scary thing to see at the time.

Of course, great job on being such a fantastic comedian and director, Ross!

I can't wait to see the episode in HD, just because I can now and have never seen it that way before.

Ooh shit. Someone get to work on a proper Freeman's Mind: Black Mesa dub ASAP!!

Screw dubs, I want voice tracks IN THE GAME! This could be done at least for the big scripted moments, and maybe some Duke Nuk'em style contextual one-liners. If someone could mod this into Black Mesa and/or Half-Life you will be my hero.

Also if I didn't just keep my phone on vibrate all the time I'd probably pick a rant to use as a ringtone.

And I'm pretty sure there's some potential for soundboard prank-calls like this one:

IkyAOMR7t0U

"Hello, who is this?"

"I AM CAPTAIN GORDON FREEMAN OF THE INTERGALACTIC HOUSE OF PANCAKES!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Whoa, congrats!

Every time these kinds of fundraisers happen I feel so sorry that I am unable to participate because of my awful financial state due being a poor student.

Anyhow, it's you Ross if anyone who deserves this considering the amount of entertainment you've provided to us consistently for so many years.

I heard the IFF on those robot attack dogs was a bit sketchy. Perhaps we could just settle for genetically altered house cats that are 200% their normal size or maybe some of those pastel colored talking equines that everyone is raving about. Ya that's the ticket!

Ooh, If I could get a life-sized black panther support mech that comes to fight my battles upon summon and spouts sage advices to me while lounging around while not in battle (a-la certain anime), I'd buy that in an instant no matter how poor I'd be.

I'm glad that Ross is getting this financial boost. Hopefully the new HD stuff is going to make everyone happy. I'll watch all the new FM episodes in HD to show my appreciation. And everyone that donated is a scholar and a gentleman.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

I've been telling Ross that people love his works... I guess he can believe it now! :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I was feeling pretty depressed up until I read this, it's good to hear good things happening to (moderately) good people

So I'm not sure if this is good idea, but here I go. Would anyone like to see his voice in actual game either HL:Source or Black Mesa source. If yes I'll try my best to do so.

So I'm not sure if this is good idea, but here I go. Would anyone like to see his voice in actual game either HL:Source or Black Mesa source. If yes I'll try my best to do so.

YES. ONE MILLION TIMES YES.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

about your stocks ideas. ive been in your shoes trust me this is not an option. stocks a a really risky, im telling you cause i learnd it first hand.its true that every stock if given enough time will go your way, but problem is if you use credit support from broker your position will be reopened every day or so, and u lose money every day if you miscalculated market trend. if you use only your money to buy something the profit wont really be worth it. and if you think you can calculate the trend, or your trader friend tells you that, be wary that information about someone trading huge amounts(and thats the only thing that matters) is considered mostly illegal. and to guess is... well its just a guess, even if you make fundamental or technical analysis you can only assume what was going on BEFORE, and that information is mostly useless.

Ps i was trading in forex and got from 500$ to 2500$ then lost everything, then from 800 to 1400$ and so on and so on. you can try, just know that you make me sad about my money i sent(

In addition to the isolated Freeman dialogue, will you also be making music and effects only tracks for the episodes? Then we can have dubs! :D

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

Glad we could give something back. You've more than earned it. Once Half-Life is finished at the year's end maybe you could do another fundraiser that's say $10K for Freeman's Mind to continue on to Half-Life 2? Just a thought, I know you don't like asking us for donations, but I think everyone that contributed this time would do it again for Half-Life 2; I know I would.

I've been telling Ross that people love his works... I guess he can believe it now! :D

I always loved his work.......Ross is fucking brilliant

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Congratulations, you deserve it!

I hope that you'll share pictures of you and those robot attack dogs. I believe that selfies are fully encouraged in those cases....

Glad we could give something back. You've more than earned it. Once Half-Life is finished at the year's end maybe you could do another fundraiser that's say $10K for Freeman's Mind to continue on to Half-Life 2? Just a thought, I know you don't like asking us for donations, but I think everyone that contributed this time would do it again for Half-Life 2; I know I would.

I think part of the fun is that Half-life was totally out of synch with reality. I would love to see him take on the cherished Fallout 3.

I would love to see him take on the cherished Fallout 3.

Nah... would be better to do something more like F.E.A.R. or Metro 2033/Last Light or even Portal...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think part of the fun is that Half-life was totally out of synch with reality.

It is true that the level design becomes less mockable (outside of the myriad of exploding barrels), but I feel at least base HL2 has plenty of content for Freeman to comedically react to.

*The Combine's "dictatorship" being inefficient as hell. Their police force is more stupid than the soldiers, they can only control outer city areas through biological attacks. They're completely incompetent at stopping Gordon........... hell, Kleiner is able to run a lab in the middle of freaking City 17 without issue.

*The resistance views him like the messiah, for doing things that he only vaguely remembers (He's been stumbling through the game, pretty much just randomly completing the objectives), furthermore they talk about how great he is, then send him from one dangerous area to the next. Also, if we've learned anything from Freeman's musings, he doesn't view the Black Mesa staff very highly. So I can't imagine he'll be enthused to find out that he's still taking orders from them.

*When he finds out the Combine's teleportation is "string-based", That probably won't sit well.

*Ravenholm is entirely silly, to the point where it almost feels out of context with the rest of the world.

*When Noriko "drops" Freeman into a horde of antlions, and that guy who's broken up about the death of laszlo, "the finest mind of his generation"

The episodes are a bit more strained for material (Outside of Magnusson of course). Similarly Lost Coast could be a one off, but i've no clue what he would say there. Base HL2 should provide plenty of comedy though.