Fundraiser Update

I'll definitely buy a t-shirt when/if the store comes back.

Also, yeah, Freeman's Mind 2 would be incredible.

You know, until this very moment I really sort of couldn't imagine freeman's mind being "over". At any rate, congratulations on your very successful fundraising campaign! I hope everything works out well from here on out!

The serious Sam picture alone skyrocketed my respect for you. Ahaha. (Huge fan of the series) and that's saying something. Since I already respect you immensely. You deserved all the donations!

I think part of the fun is that Half-life was totally out of synch with reality.

It is true that the level design becomes less mockable (outside of the myriad of exploding barrels), but I feel at least base HL2 has plenty of content for Freeman to comedically react to.

*The Combine's "dictatorship" being inefficient as hell. Their police force is more stupid than the soldiers, they can only control outer city areas through biological attacks. They're completely incompetent at stopping Gordon........... hell, Kleiner is able to run a lab in the middle of freaking City 17 without issue.

*The resistance views him like the messiah, for doing things that he only vaguely remembers (He's been stumbling through the game, pretty much just randomly completing the objectives), furthermore they talk about how great he is, then send him from one dangerous area to the next. Also, if we've learned anything from Freeman's musings, he doesn't view the Black Mesa staff very highly. So I can't imagine he'll be enthused to find out that he's still taking orders from them.

*When he finds out the Combine's teleportation is "string-based", That probably won't sit well.

*Ravenholm is entirely silly, to the point where it almost feels out of context with the rest of the world.

*When Noriko "drops" Freeman into a horde of antlions, and that guy who's broken up about the death of laszlo, "the finest mind of his generation"

The episodes are a bit more strained for material (Outside of Magnusson of course). Similarly Lost Coast could be a one off, but i've no clue what he would say there. Base HL2 should provide plenty of comedy though.

HL2 would definitely be great for Freeman's Mind. Once we get into the episodes though, we'll just be reminded how there's still no Half-Life / Episode 3.

I would be interested in seeing his reactions to Alyx, though.

My friend and I actually made a bet that if FM gets to Half-Life 2, the reason that Alyx calls him a "man of few words" is because he's momentarily transfixed by her boobs. :shock:

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

My friend and I actually made a bet that if FM gets to Half-Life 2, the reason that Alyx calls him a "man of few words" is because he's momentarily transfixed by her boobs. :shock:

Whoever came up with that side of the bet, either stop playing the Cinematic Mod and go back to vanilla Half Life 2 to for moment, or tell your friend to do so. There's hardly anything there to be transfixed by, especially when it comes to the guy who "learned to do CPR" on the quote-unquote biology department babes back in in Black Mesa.

Whoever came up with that side of the bet, either stop playing the Cinematic Mod and go back to vanilla Half Life 2 to for moment, or tell your friend to do so. There's hardly anything there to be transfixed by, especially when it comes to the guy who "learned to do CPR" on the quote-unquote biology department babes back in in Black Mesa.

Yeah, unless you have certain mods installed, Alyx' tits aren't anything to speak of. I would be more transfixed by her lack of fashion sense. In fact she's one of the most average women in video game history and only memorable because of her personality, pretty much. Which of course is a good thing but making any kind of shallow joke about her like that just doesn't work.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

For what it matters, it was really more a joke than anything and trying to come up with a reason as to why he's a "man of few words." I'm just as annoyed with the oversexualzation as anyone tbh--possibly maybe a bit moreso because I'm asexual and the appeal of that stuff I just cannot understand. Now leave me alone about it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

HL2 would definitely be great for Freeman's Mind. Once we get into the episodes though, we'll just be reminded how there's still no Half-Life / Episode 3.

Well, if the episode production slows down again when Ross gets to HL2 (if he does), we might actually know something about the future of the franchise by the time he gets to Episode 2. And if it's the news that they just don't dare to do another Half-Life game.

Otherwise, congratulations on reaching and surpassing your goal, Ross! I hope you will be able to enjoy life without existential threat(s) for a while now.

I do wonder whether his reaction can be somehow compared to the one shown in this video:

VgMScjnvyww

For what it matters, it was really more a joke than anything and trying to come up with a reason as to why he's a "man of few words." I'm just as annoyed with the oversexualzation as anyone tbh--possibly maybe a bit moreso because I'm asexual and the appeal of that stuff I just cannot understand. Now leave me alone about it.

He's a man of few words because he doesn't realize he's a mute. :geek:

Freeman's Mind is giving us a first-person view of the way Gordon pictures himself within the world, but he either doesn't realize or chooses to ignore the fact that in reality he's a mute and doesn't say anything.

It would explain why his "mind" as called by the title of the show, is garbled when underwater and why people don't give him a chance to speak nor respond to him when he says stuff.

#overanalyzingamachinimaftw

Well, if the episode production slows down again when Ross gets to HL2 (if he does), we might actually know something about the future of the franchise by the time he gets to Episode 2. And if it's the news that they just don't dare to do another Half-Life game.

Otherwise, congratulations on reaching and surpassing your goal, Ross! I hope you will be able to enjoy life without existential threat(s) for a while now.

I do wonder whether his reaction can be somehow compared to the one shown in this video:

VgMScjnvyww

Valve when asked about HL3:

hKspgG8sxE

Lol I imagine that was exactly Ross' reaction.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

There's a few parts though there it seems like he's actually talking to other people.

A few times though I like to think he really is saying everything out loud and nobody says anything about it because....well, would you?

There's a few parts though there it seems like he's actually talking to other people.

A few times though I like to think he really is saying everything out loud and nobody says anything about it because....well, would you?

When he was saying stuff about ties to that one guy, I would have stopped and look at him at least. So yeah, I think this is just Gordon not realizing or remembering the fact that he's a mute. You can talk to other people all you want but if you're actually mute they're not going to respond properly. Plus your perception is your reality. If Gordon thinks he said something and someone responds a different way, his Mind could remember it as him saying something different that makes more sense to the way a person reacted. We're seeing Gordon's reality in this show. Not our own reality or the reality of the other scientists or the reality of the soldiers. Gordon's.

The episodes are a bit more strained for material (Outside of Magnusson of course). Similarly Lost Coast could be a one off, but i've no clue what he would say there. Base HL2 should provide plenty of comedy though.

Yes, you are right the more I think about it. While I would rather enjoy seeing him branch out in his narrative, I was always laughing at the exploits of Concerned ( http://www.screencuisine.net/hlcomic/index.php?date=2005-05-01 ) and can see a sarcastic Freeman making HL2 interesting.

When he was saying stuff about ties to that one guy, I would have stopped and look at him at least. So yeah, I think this is just Gordon not realizing or remembering the fact that he's a mute. You can talk to other people all you want but if you're actually mute they're not going to respond properly. Plus your perception is your reality. If Gordon thinks he said something and someone responds a different way, his Mind could remember it as him saying something different that makes more sense to the way a person reacted. We're seeing Gordon's reality in this show. Not our own reality or the reality of the other scientists or the reality of the soldiers. Gordon's.

"Hey you. Want to be my human shield?"

"Shut up!"

"Just a suggestion..."

"Shut up!"

"Just a suggestion..."

"If Gordon thinks he said something and someone responds a different way, his Mind could remember it as him saying something different that makes more sense to the way a person reacted."

Or it could be the other way around. He interprets them saying something that would make more sense for what he thinks he says to them.

I wonder if Ross will do Half Life 2 and its episodes

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Ross, how do you feel about Notch (Markus Person) tweeting about your fundraiser?

I think part of the fun is that Half-life was totally out of synch with reality.

Of all the ways to describe HL, i think that's the best i've heard.

Back when it came out though, it was as good as it got for realism.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

quote="Xalder"

"Shut up!"

"Just a suggestion..."

"If Gordon thinks he said something and someone responds a different way, his Mind could remember it as him saying something different that makes more sense to the way a person reacted."

Or it could be the other way around. He interprets them saying something that would make more sense for what he thinks he says to them.

:roll: He USES his voice, alright? He can actually talk.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^