Friendly vortigaunts.

I had no idea there's such a thing.

And you're name is GordonFreeman! Honesty, I expected better! :P

Well, maybe that's why Gordon will mow down the vortigaunts.

I honestly had no idea they were friendly at any point in the first game. Then again, I did kind of shoot them on sight.

Well, we're still shooting in the dark, aren't we? We can hope he notices.

And yeah, I only know because of the wiki, but I tested it and it's true.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

They're not technically "friendly" in the first game. Friendlies (such as scientists and guards) will ally with you if you talk to them. These vorts more neutral than enemies. They will still attack you if you fight them, but they will not ally with you.

They're not technically "friendly" in the first game. Friendlies (such as scientists and guards) will ally with you if you talk to them. These vorts more neutral than enemies. They will still attack you if you fight them, but they will not ally with you.

If you shoot a guard he will shoot back at you.

Sucks for when you have one of those essential guard and you accidentally shoot him once and he just starts trying to kill you. Then you know you're fucked and have to load your last save.

If you shoot a guard he will shoot back at you.

Sucks for when you have one of those essential guard and you accidentally shoot him once and he just starts trying to kill you. Then you know you're fucked and have to load your last save.

That sure sounds like it sucks.

In Black Mesa Source, at one point in I think Surface Tension a guard pops up and yells "Freeze!" If you shoot him by mistake this happens:

HnmIG34.jpg

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I'm aware that the guards will shoot back at you if you damage them, but they will ally with you if you don't. Vorts won't ally with you in HL1. (I don't recall if you can get them to ally with you in HL2 but I don't think you can.)

I think Vorts in HL2 will charge your armour but I don't remember if they fight alongside you until Episode 2. There's a couple unused lines in the subtitles where people yell at you for trying to shoot them.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I think Vorts in HL2 will charge your armour but I don't remember if they fight alongside you until Episode 2. There's a couple unused lines in the subtitles where people yell at you for trying to shoot them.

Oh that's interesting.

In Black Mesa Source, at one point in I think Surface Tension a guard pops up and yells "Freeze!" If you shoot him by mistake this happens:

HnmIG34.jpg

I'd argue that someone pointing a gun at you and saying "Freeze!" is asking to get his head blown off, when you're as strapped as Freeman is.

(To that it was "Poor judgement"

HnmIG34.jpg

I'd argue that someone pointing a gun at you and saying "Freeze!" is asking to get his head blown off, when you're as strapped as Freeman is.

(To that it was "Poor judgement"

You got a point there.

I really, really hope he doesn't just immediately shoot them. But unfortunately, going by Ross's comments about how Freeman is basically thinking what Ross himself was thinking when he played the first Half-Life game, he probably will.

One of them helps against an Antlion Guard. I think that's about it.