Half Life 2 Episode 3 (Discussion)

Sign in to follow this  

Well they are working on Dota2 now, so i dont think that we will see hl3 this year, and there are rumors that says that there might be L4D 3, so Valve will delay HL3 for few more years i think.

I expect we'll see an announcement for Half-Life 3 / Half-Life 2: Episode 3 either later this year or some time next year. Just a hunch.

And I'm sure I read somewhere that Valve said there would be no Left 4 Dead 3 for some time after the release of Left 4 Dead 2. I'll try and find where I read this.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

With Portal 2 released, Valve are basically all hands on Episode three and Dota 2.

Or am I missing some games?

Could it be Dota slowing them?? (

Are they still updating the source engine?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I expect that one of the reasons Half-Life 3/Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is taking so long may be that they are conducting some major engine upgrades for Source. Possible Direct X 11 support, who knows. That's what I think anyway, there's no evidence that supports this.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Possible Direct X 11 support, who knows.

PhysX and 3D vision support too probly...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

At the rate they're taking developing the next installment, whatever it be, I'd guess they're replacing the Source engine, or at least most of the code. It is 8 years old.

At the rate they're taking developing the next installment, whatever it be, I'd guess they're replacing the Source engine, or at least most of the code. It is 8 years old.

But look at Portal 2, its on source engine and the graphics are amazing. But i read somewhere, that they might change source engine dramatically, but i think that its only rumors.

But look at Portal 2, its on source engine and the graphics are amazing. But i read somewhere, that they might change source engine dramatically, but i think that its only rumors.

I wouldn't say "amazing". They are good, but i have seen better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't say "amazing". They are good, but i have seen better.

I have seen better to. But compared to some games that are released now, 8 years old engine still can conquer most of them, and even if you are using an old pc, it still looks good, and the main thing is that it doesnt lag.

Erm, i had to play it at lowest settings at 800*600 resolution to get it running smooth.

Nonetheless it is indeed impressing for an (apparently) 8year old engine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Erm, i had to play it at lowest settings at 800*600 resolution to get it running smooth.

I dont know what kind of second world war computer you have there, but the one i bought in 2007 still can run it on normal setings.

I dont know what kind of second world war computer you have there, but the one i bought in 2007 still can run it on normal setings.

I think i got mine in 2009.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think i got mine in 2009.

Your drivers might be out of date. Or maybe you are using to many programs at the same time so you get lag.

Your drivers might be out of date. Or maybe you are using to many programs at the same time so you get lag.

I haven't updated my drivers in a while though, maybe i should do that. Anyway back on topic, this is about EP3!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the amount of time they've been developing, I'd say it's probably Half Life 3, the length and span of Half Life 2.

This thread is about Half life 2: Episode 3. Not Half life 3.

Gameinformer revealed Half Life 3 Not Half life 2: Episode 3

Smart assery aside, *spoiler alert* Immediatly after Eli informed you that he was GOING to inform you about G-Man (Anyone that payed attention will know that G-man is a community given name, so that whole gman is gordan freeman is bullshit, Just had to get that out of my systen) Dog hears something and runs off, After Eli killed dog jumps in and saves you in the nick of time, time seeming to be something Gman understands a great deal about. Personally I think gman wanted Eli killed specifically because he was going to inform you about him.

So, in Half life 3 you will most likely uncover a great deal more about Gman and his employers I sincerly doubt that the gman is evil, in any way, I don't think it gets that black and white, (the same way gordan isn't really a hero, To him he really is the right man in the wrong place) But he definitly has an agenda, But his and his employers are almost certainly not the same.

Further thoughts: Apart from gman, I'm guessing we'll figure out what happened to Barney in episode 2, Maybe even Corporal Shepherd, I hear rumors about him, but I don't think so because hes a gear box character I believe.

With the amount of time they've been developing, I'd say it's probably Half Life 3, the length and span of Half Life 2.

This thread is about Half life 2: Episode 3. Not Half life 3.

Gameinformer revealed Half Life 3 Not Half life 2: Episode 3

Smart assery aside, *spoiler alert* Immediatly after Eli informed you that he was GOING to inform you about G-Man (Anyone that payed attention will know that G-man is a community given name, so that whole gman is gordan freeman is bullshit, Just had to get that out of my systen) Dog hears something and runs off, After Eli killed dog jumps in and saves you in the nick of time, time seeming to be something Gman understands a great deal about. Personally I think gman wanted Eli killed specifically because he was going to inform you about him.

So, in Half life 3 you will most likely uncover a great deal more about Gman and his employers I sincerly doubt that the gman is evil, in any way, I don't think it gets that black and white, (the same way gordan isn't really a hero, To him he really is the right man in the wrong place) But he definitly has an agenda, But his and his employers are almost certainly not the same.

Further thoughts: Apart from gman, I'm guessing we'll figure out what happened to Barney in episode 2, Maybe even Corporal Shepherd, I hear rumors about him, but I don't think so because hes a gear box character I believe.

I liked Corporal Shephard's story. That guy is actually my favourite Half-life series character.

I hope we get to see him soon... And maybe even Half-life-Opposing Force 2

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Wouldn't be great if valve (keeping with their tradition) hired the BM:S team to help make EP3/HL3 and in exchange they let them use the new engine to finish BM:S (something like that happened with Portal and DOTA) so i've only seen few screenshots and vids from BM:S but it looks so cool I just can't wait for it

And, as the Gman itself said we will know a lot more about him in the next episodes (At the beginning of hl2 we understood that we were working for him and not against him, in the ep2 we have seen that he is not completely free to decide everything he does but he has the power to choose who works for him and what have to do (having seen alyx i don't think that gordon has any choice to leave the fight, probably in the end he fights because gman wants him to, just as the player pushes him into some situations that any sane person would avoid)

Probably this leads me to think that the gman represents the capricious player pushing freeman like a toy into an inter-dimensional war

Wouldn't be great if valve (keeping with their tradition) hired the BM:S team to help make EP3/HL3 and in exchange they let them use the new engine to finish BM:S (something like that happened with Portal and DOTA) so i've only seen few screenshots and vids from BM:S but it looks so cool I just can't wait for it

And, as the Gman itself said we will know a lot more about him in the next episodes (At the beginning of hl2 we understood that we were working for him and not against him, in the ep2 we have seen that he is not completely free to decide everything he does but he has the power to choose who works for him and what have to do (having seen alyx i don't think that gordon has any choice to leave the fight, probably in the end he fights because gman wants him to, just as the player pushes him into some situations that any sane person would avoid)

Probably this leads me to think that the gman represents the capricious player pushing freeman like a toy into an inter-dimensional war

It will feel very weird if G-man will die therefore I bet that he's going to be alive even when the Half-life story ends.

I mean he's certainly not going to die in a boss fight.. (very awkward boss fight that would be)

And he can't die simple either as he is one of the main characters and it will also feel awkward.

The only possible script I can imagine being realized is if Gordon sees some scene with him dying on camera.

An episode taking four years and counting to develop is a sign of incompetence. Since Valve don't have a history of that, especially looking at the time line of Half-Life 2 - Episode 2, I strongly suspect we will get a Half-Life 3. It is alarming how silent they have been about the Half-Life series during these years, either they are preparing something really big or they are acting incredibly dumb by putting stuff like DotA or L4D at the top of the priority list.

An episode taking four years and counting to develop is a sign of incompetence. Since Valve don't have a history of that, especially looking at the time line of Half-Life 2 - Episode 2, I strongly suspect we will get a Half-Life 3. It is alarming how silent they have been about the Half-Life series during these years, either they are preparing something really big or they are acting incredibly dumb by putting stuff like DotA or L4D at the top of the priority list.

Or they are being under tremendous pressure form Hl1 and Hl2 and simply aren't able to make a Hl episode 3 with the same quality within time.