FREEMAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE [TRAILER]

I think now would be a great time to do Freeman Across the Universe if Ross wanted to - now that Freeman is "employed" by G-man, he is getting sent across time and space to do heroic dirty-work.

I love the idea of Freeman being transported to the setting of SOMA and/or Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. I don't know if he would feel less at home in a futuristic deep sea base full of shambling monsters and insane A.I., or a Shropshire village full of magical talking lights in the 80's.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Funny story. I had somewhat amusing and topic related dream about three nights ago. For some unfathomable reason I had a computer at work (I work in the produce department of a supermarket) right in the middle of the aisles, like it was the most normal thing I could be doing at the time. I was watching what was obviously Freeman's Mind episode that took place in the game Slender: The Arrival. He kept cracking jokes about working with children and how he was effectively committing every single dumb thing characters in horror movies do. He also complained excessively about his ropey camera quality.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Funny story. I had somewhat amusing and topic related dream about three nights ago. For some unfathomable reason I had a computer at work (I work in the produce department of a supermarket) right in the middle of the aisles, like it was the most normal thing I could be doing at the time. I was watching what was obviously Freeman's Mind episode that took place in the game Slender: The Arrival. He kept cracking jokes about working with children and how he was effectively committing every single dumb thing characters in horror movies do. He also complained excessively about his ropey camera quality.

+10000

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

+10000

I'm glad someone appreciated this anecdote. I tried explaining it to people I know in real life, but they ran away.

:3

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

i think thats a crazy anecdote but i like the idea

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I seem to be the only person in real life who's interested in other people's dreams. Everybody else I know immediately gets bored.

I seem to be the only person in real life who's interested in other people's dreams. Everybody else I know immediately gets bored.

I think people sometimes exaggerate what takes place in their dreams, in order to make seem more random and unique than they actually are. I think get bored of that type of thing rather quickly. I was a little worried that my post came across the same way, for I don't tend to have dreams featuring celebrities or fictional characters or whatnot. I do have a lot of dreams that play out like TV program or computer game, from which I'm about as bodily and emotionally detached as I would be in real life.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

My dreams are always some kind of movie, TV show or game that I'm watching or playing, and suddenly, I'm the character I was watching.

Mine tend to be somewhat disassociated from me. It resembles a total visual immersion in the events which I'm entirely aware isn't real, or at least not emotionally invested enough to believe its real. It's not quite lucid dreaming though, as the stimuli is out of my control.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Cute but getting off topic guys. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Following Jeb's instructions, I wrote some scripts but I've misplaced them.. >:(

Hand written or typed up as a file somewhere? If its former and you're anything like and my innumerable scribbled notes and lists, good luck wading through your papers. If its the latter, did you type them up recently? Can you search for file names via the menu? Got a folder you prefer? etc.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I managed to find them again :) All handwritten. I find handwriting easier for more intense writing, like for essays.

I also have about a quarter-finished script of the original episode I was planning, but those pages are back on Arran.

Sadly I can make you use of these scripts as I found my laptop can't handle PS2 emulating and screen recording at the same time. :(

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Good news! The fundraiser ended up being so wildly successful, that I've decided to expand Freeman's Mind to EVERY first-person game made! Check out the trailer below for a small taste of what's in store:

This is of course a large undertaking, so I've decided to cancel the full-length machinima movie I was working on so I have enough time to cover every first-person game made. Now I admit of being a little deceptive in this trailer in that it's at 1080p. As a result, a few shots have some framerate drop, but it's nothing too crazy. Freeman's Mind will still be at 720p for now as there's a BIG difference between capturing a 1080p clip at 180fps for 10 seconds v. 10 minutes. A difference of 60.

BONUS!

I did not cover all the games I wanted to in this trailer! One game was so obscure even I forgot the name of it! I have kept proof of its existence below:

Shot00000.jpg

If you know what game this is, let me know in the comments!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

I think its eternal darkness...