FREEMAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE [TRAILER]

OMG! Ross got a personal reply from Gabe Newell! He's not happy with the situation and promised to solve the problem ASAP!

HAHahahahaha!

:(

Awwwww... cherr up Otto! I didn't want to make anyone sad! :P C'mon! :lol:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I don't care that it's supposed to be an Aprils Fool joke.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Not in a full blown "do every FPS ever and full lenght" like Half-Life. But as a short (2 to 3 minutes) "what if"-thing on an irregular basis with FPS that have a silent, unseen protagonist? Yep, totally could see that happen.

This actually seems like a very good idea.

Wait a second. Freeman enters Xen through a portal, doesn't he? Before going to Xen, Ross could totally have him be teleported to different games in the format you described. Thus, he would even preserve canon (Well, kind of.) He would be limited to one part of the game only, though. Which means a seperate series would probably better. In any case, I like your idea.

THIS!

Let's see... I didnt recognize the one where you were choking the Japanese dude

That would be Crysis.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I will not stop until all of my foes go down in flames.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4950/flamingsigld7.jpg

Argh! I want this to NOT be an April Fools joke.

Good show Ross, this is the first April 1 gag that has actually made me laugh in a while.

I'm not that good with games, especially with older ones, so I think only recognized Half-Life, HL2, Portal, Minecraft and possibly Deus Ex (I wouldn't know). And that racing game with the Ubisoft logo might be Trackmania, though I wouldn't know either. I guess I'm pretty far from recognizing them all...

I just started imagine Freeman's Mind in some weird scenarios (not only FPS).

I mean, imagine him in The Sims or Mario... or World of Warcraft... or Carmageddon or...

:D

I recognized some of them but I forgot what they were.

It very good video though and I laughed.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

OOOh, Portal. That would be so FUN- to put Freeman in Aperture? Have him talk back to GLaDOS while all the time questioning everything he ever learned about physics? I bet those portals never cam up in his thesis paper.

I can see it:

"Yeah, lady- computer, I survived working at Black Mesa. You think your toxic waste pools and furby-turrets are bad? I had to blow up a three-story tentacle monster-drummer! AND I survived aliens popping in from nowhere AND the military cover-up. What are you going to do? Laser beam me too? I have a doctorate in theoretical physics- your puzzles mean nothing to me. I probably could crash your entire system from anywhere in the facility. Aperture... geez."

Even better, imagine if he accidentally sees himself through a portal.....without any custom playermodels.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Question. Which game is shown during the 'this is my bucket' bit? I recognize all games except shown except for that one. Is it one of the STALKER games maybe?

Oh, I almost forgot.

Question. Which game is shown during the 'this is my bucket' bit? I recognize all games except shown except for that one. Is it one of the STALKER games maybe?

It's Dear Esther.

So anyone recognize all the games used in the video?

I know most of them, was that "S.T.A.L.K.E.R" in there? I'd love to see freeman's thoughts on that!

I know this was an April fools joke but you should consider doing other mind series as well as freeman's mind.

Lets see

The games I recognized after Half-life 1 and 2 were

Doom 3

Bioshock

Minecraft

System Shock 2

Serious Sam, not sure which one, probably 3.

Deus Ex 1

Far Cry 1

Dear Esther

Crysis 1

Amnesia

Left 4 Dead 2

Portal 1

I don't know what to the two driving games were, and I didn't recognize the game at 1:13 or the final one in the video.

Lets see

Doom 3

Bioshock

Minecraft

System Shock 2

Deus Ex 1

Far Cry 1

Dear Esther

Crysis 1

Amnesia

Left 4 Dead 2

Portal 1

I don't know what to the two driving games were, and I didn't recognize the game at 1:13 or the final one in the video.

It wasn't Ammesia, that one was called penumbra

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Oh, I almost forgot.

It's Dear Esther.

Ah, thanks. I've been meaning to give that a try.

Lets see

Doom 3

Bioshock

Minecraft

System Shock 2

Deus Ex 1

Far Cry 1

Dear Esther

Crysis 1

Amnesia

Left 4 Dead 2

Portal 1

The last one in the video is called Devastation.

I recognized HL1, HL2, Doom 3, BioShock, Minecraft, Far Cry 1, and Portal, and that's only because I own those...

Two thoughts: If Minecraft counts as a FPS, then wouldn't the Elder Scrolls count as well? ;D

When Freeman makes it to HL2 (which is clearly inevitable), I think it should be named "2 Freeman's Mind"

as a sort of reference to the objective in HL2 being 'to free man's mind'.

I'd be interested to see if freeman could come up with an explanation for Antichamber.

Freeman's Mind will still be at 720p for now as there's a BIG difference between capturing a 1080p clip at 180fps for 10 seconds v. 10 minutes. A difference of 60.
Isn't it technically a factor, not a difference?

Man... I thought doing portal was a good idea. but Antichamber? 4 dimensional Cubes with 3 dimensional shadows, objects that aren't observed disappear and an object displacement gun. Gordon would have a seizure trying to figure that out.

That was the only joke that made me laugh, not cringe, today. Job well done Good Sir!

Also that Gabe response Magda joked about? Well, I always said that Valve should totally honour Ross with a cameo appearance as an npc model, or voice, or both in HL3.

Obviously that's not going to happen, but hey, a man can dream can't he?

SmilingWorlock, Doom Guy isn't Freeman. For. Legal. Reasons.

It did make me laugh like I was unhinged though.

Devastation. Now that is a game I've not heard of in a long time.