Free Will?

Do we have free will?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do we have free will?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know.
    • I would decide, but I don't have free will.
    • Other. (Do tell, do tell.)

whether or not clam chowder should have tomato in it. (It should not.)

I agree with that. The rest however, I do not. (other than the fact that most people can't even talk about it in a logical manner)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I agree with that. The rest however, I do not. (other than the fact that most people can't even talk about it in a logical manner)

Those were just some of the questions that got me to reading about it.

You think you have free will when sleeping, or you think it's irrelevant you sometimes don't have free will and don't have control when you get it back?

I think free will extends to the subconscious... Even while sleeping you have free will, but the consequence of the choice of sleeping is that you can't consciously exert your will. (not being capable of exerting it for a short period doesn't mean it ceases to exist)

Same applies to drinking to inebriation... You lose inhibitions due to a chemical imbalance, but are still capable of exerting your will.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Imagine a narrow road representing your Free Will. You are walking along it. You may decide walking in the middle or to the side of it, but it's beyond your abilities to change direction, leave it, or branch off onto another road...

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.