FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 56

FM56.jpg

(Downloadable copy will be up later)

Freeman's Mind continues in another backtracking-tastic episode! Between the previous episode and the earlier ones a while back that involved turning the power on, this is one of the most backtrack-heavy parts of the game. Unfortunately this means a lot of empty hallway wandering, so this episode isn't the most exciting, though I think the bottom portion is good. There was a bit of a delay on this episode for many reasons not related to FM, but I'm through most of it now and will be working on the next episode soon. I plan to have 1-2 FM episodes after this, then take a break to have a small Game Dungeon spree. After that, I guess the world ends, not sure.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Is it safe to assume that this is why the website has been down for the last hour or so?

"He's a Galactic stoner"

That could make for a rad shirt.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

Another great episode!

The dialogue with the 'homicidal' security guard is just priceless.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Epic final lines, and post-final lines.

[EDIT] The ninja stuff made me think of this for some reason...

Viking_336c16_235622.jpg

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ranting at empty hallways and increasing paranoia while decreasing sanity is FM at its best imo. Great episode! I'm biting my nails for some desperate crowbar action as he runs out of ammo.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Hi Ross.

What happened to the blip.tv link? I used that one mostly since I think I remembered you saying it supported you more.

Ross, this is the best episode in a long time. Angry Freeman is best Freeman. I don't think I've laughed so hard as during the exchange with the psycho rent-a-cop

I just got home and saw the new video. Certainly made my day!

Rewatching episode 55 previously reminded me of a video that might be helpful regarding "cross dimensional activity":

JkxieS-6WuA

The interesting part is roughly around 2:00

Not a bad description of the dimensional systems we currently use. I personally think the next dimensions past 10 are just when the dimensions themselves are different.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Another great episode.

I am curious and kind of worried though: Are you going to make a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2? It's just not cool to end the series at the first game. They left Bleach at a dreadful cliffhanger by not continuing the Anime from the Manga, some people don't like Bleach but it's the only example I can make here. Aside from that it's kind of a mixed bag between us expecting a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2, or a completely new series based on an entirely different game, different engine and all. For the time being, I'm glad you're continuing with Half-life: Source as with much effort as possible, even after the fallout with Machinima and all.

I just... I don't even...

I really enjoyed Freeman's interactions with the serial-killer security guard this time around :lol: