FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 56

AWESOME EPISODE ROSS!!!!!!!

10/10

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Great episode! Meltdown, hm?

One of the more interesting parts of the game is approaching - all the opportunities, the wandering, lost scientists, falling to his death from a portal accident only to be teleported back before impact, and so on.

Teleportation labs episodes are going to be great fun!

I need some help with regards to the subtitles for this episode. Normally, I'd just email Ross but he's been so busy lately that I think it would be quicker if I just asked here.

After going to the "homicidal guard" at around 6 minutes in, he says something like "Fucking psycho curd serial killing security guard..." I know that's wrong but I can't figure out what he's saying here. Anyone know? :)

That's what it sounded like to me. "Curd" seems awful weird though. Maybe it's "Kurd"? (I think that's some sort of ethnic group or another.) That still doesnt make much sense though.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I need some help with regards to the subtitles for this episode. Normally, I'd just email Ross but he's been so busy lately that I think it would be quicker if I just asked here.

After going to the "homicidal guard" at around 6 minutes in, he says something like "Fucking psycho curd serial killing security guard..." I know that's wrong but I can't figure out what he's saying here. Anyone know? :)

Yeah I think he said "curd". But it might have been "turd" or "Kirk" or "Kurt". Not really sure.

This episode introduced me to my two new favorite quotes:

"I'm not going to lose sleep over bringing a rocket launcher to a be fight." and "You know what the difference is between my hallucinations and other peoples'? My hallucinations shoot back at me and kill other people."

Definitely two new favorites.

Another great episode.

I am curious and kind of worried though: Are you going to make a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2? It's just not cool to end the series at the first game. They left Bleach at a dreadful cliffhanger by not continuing the Anime from the Manga, some people don't like Bleach but it's the only example I can make here. Aside from that it's kind of a mixed bag between us expecting a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2, or a completely new series based on an entirely different game, different engine and all. For the time being, I'm glad you're continuing with Half-life: Source as with much effort as possible, even after the fallout with Machinima and all.

Considering Ross has mentioned "Finishing Half-Life" this year a couple of times and never saying "Finishing Freeman's Mind", I think it's a safe bet to say there's at least a very high chance.

Whether or not he does though, I'm willing to support him with whatever he decides to do.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

"Kurt"

Replace the "K" with a "c", and replace the "r" with "n"... That's what it sounded like to me...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Another great episode.

I am curious and kind of worried though: Are you going to make a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2? It's just not cool to end the series at the first game. They left Bleach at a dreadful cliffhanger by not continuing the Anime from the Manga, some people don't like Bleach but it's the only example I can make here. Aside from that it's kind of a mixed bag between us expecting a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2, or a completely new series based on an entirely different game, different engine and all. For the time being, I'm glad you're continuing with Half-life: Source as with much effort as possible, even after the fallout with Machinima and all.

Considering Ross has mentioned "Finishing Half-Life" this year a couple of times and never saying "Finishing Freeman's Mind", I think it's a safe bet to say there's at least a very high chance.

Whether or not he does though, I'm willing to support him with whatever he decides to do.

To be fair, that might have just been to be more clear. If he had said Freeman's Mind, some random person might think he meant HL2 and all the episodes, and then get super snippy about it when obviously is unable to meet that.

Just saying HL was a safer choice of words on his part, especially for something in which money changes hands.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Is it safe to assume that this is why the website has been down for the last hour or so?
No, I used shared hosting from someone else, it just sort of happens.

Can't wait for the next game dungeon, fuck
I'll have a bunch coming.

I am curious and kind of worried though: Are you going to make a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2? It's just not cool to end the series at the first game.
I don't know yet. The thing is, the more I do of Freeman's Mind, that's time I have to keep postponing the movie, which I REALLY want to do. I also have many other ideas for other animated machinimas, but those can take a lot of time also. I basically have to play triage between making what fans want (all Freeman all the time) v. the best content I can do (the movie, other original ideas, etc.).

I need some help with regards to the subtitles for this episode.
Yeah, I meant to contact you about that. It's "Kurtz", a character from Apocalypse Now. It's one of those jokes I expect almost no one to get, but throw it in anyway.

What you could do, once you have finished Freeman's Mind, is taking a break from it to focus on other stuff, like the movie you want to do, for a while and maybe keep doing stuff like Game Dungeon in between to keep up some kind of output on a regular basis, and then once the movie is done you could start a Freeman's Mind 2 or something.

To me it would make sense to take a break between series.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I am curious and kind of worried though: Are you going to make a new series based on FM with Half-Life 2? It's just not cool to end the series at the first game.
I don't know yet. The thing is, the more I do of Freeman's Mind, that's time I have to keep postponing the movie, which I REALLY want to do. I also have many other ideas for other animated machinimas, but those can take a lot of time also. I basically have to play triage between making what fans want (all Freeman all the time) v. the best content I can do (the movie, other original ideas, etc.).

I think you should definitely continue into Half-Life 2. That being said, I don't think it has to be immediately after HL1. I don't think anyone (anyone rational, anyway) would blame you for taking a break from FM for a while. It's always more exciting to see new ideas IMHO anyway.

So more or less exactly what Alyxx said.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

You should do what you want. If you don't, later on something might happen and you'll have a lot of regrets for not doing it when you could.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I need some help with regards to the subtitles for this episode.
Yeah, I meant to contact you about that. It's "Kurtz", a character from Apocalypse Now. It's one of those jokes I expect almost no one to get, but throw it in anyway.

Ah. I've never seen that movie, to be honest. Thanks for the input! I should have the subtitles up sometime today. :)

What you could do, once you have finished Freeman's Mind, is taking a break from it to focus on other stuff, like the movie you want to do, for a while and maybe keep doing stuff like Game Dungeon in between to keep up some kind of output on a regular basis, and then once the movie is done you could start a Freeman's Mind 2 or something.

To me it would make sense to take a break between series.

He who fights drummers

Also!

As a test run, the posting for this episode has been edited to allow you to download the subtitles directly from the main page. Let me know if it works out for you guys and I'll have every posting for a video have such a link. What do you guys think? :)

"Alien bathhouse" Love it! :-)

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"