A Freeman's Mind Soundboard (request/suggestion)

Hello fellow enthusiasts of the innards of Freeman's exquisite mind! This is my first post here on the forums, and its more of a request than anything (hope that's alright).

I saw it mentioned a few times in a search I did of the forums before I posted, but I think it would be great if a Freeman's Mind soundboard were to be created, showcasing the best of what's gone through Freeman's mind in the series so far. I understand it would be a challenge to grab all the separate audio files from all the different videos, cut them down, and then upload them all here (or somewhere else), which is why I think it would be a community effort to get it all into one collection. I wouldn't mind helping out in that regard. So with all that, would anybody be willing to put this together?

P.S: This being my first post on this forum, kindly inform me of anything I may have done incorrectly, and i'll be more aware of that next time. Thanks!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

There's the separated voice-tracks recently released that can be used. This sounds interesting though. If I remember I'll think a bit on it.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

The big problem is that the final audio length would only be about 15 minutes shorter than the total video lengths...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well I wasn't thinking of adding every single thing Ross has said to a single soundboard, more of the 'golden moments' over the course of the videos sort of thing.

Choosing them would be hard! But if somehow it does work the project becomes a lot more manageable.

Yeah, you'd have to choose your own since I personally would consider over 2 hours of content to be the "golden moments".

CALL ME ISHMAEL BITCH!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

WHATTHEFUCK!? DID THEY JUST POP OUT OF A BOX!? WHY WERE THEY IN A BOX?! THATS LOONEY TUNES CRAP!! JESUS!!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Yeah, you'd have to choose your own since I personally would consider over 2 hours of content to be the "golden moments".

Only two hours?

Over... And since there's only like 3.5 hours of video, and about 45 minutes of that is nothing interesting besides shooting and not talking...

Over... And since there's only like 3.5 hours of video, and about 45 minutes of that is nothing interesting besides shooting and not talking...

Huh that's weird the last time I checked Freeman's Mind series was over 6 hours. Did I measure it wrong or something.

You're right... I was remembering my 1-28 compilation that is 3.5 hours... Double all my previous times please...

7 hours of video, 5-6 hours of content.

I'll admit this task of making a soundboard looks a bit daunting now, but perhaps putting together ONE soundboard isn't the best idea. Maybe having multiple soundboards made by various people would be an idea worth trying? Could categorize them by say things like science stuff he says, puns, etc...

A soundboard per episode is how I'd do it personally.

Though something like this might be worth a look at.

I like the idea of a collective place for it. Still, getting all the all the different phrases and sentences together would be daunting and very tedious to do.

The way I see it:

- Cropping the sound files to the individual phrases.

- Match up the phrases to the subtitles.

- Putting them in order.

- Putting the soundboard together.

Making a big job into smaller jobs can make it seem a lot less daunting I think.

Well then, the question lies with who can/would contribute to this and who can show me a way of doing it because I got no audio editing experience under my belt.