Iraqi civil war.

Sign in to follow this  

Now they're trying to claim rule over all other muslims? That won't go well for them.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

At least we know that the people they're sending to hate on the US in the replies are idiots... Even somehow came to the conclusion that Depleted Uranium rounds are somehow also incendiary. (they aren't unless it's a HEAP round with a DU core)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

At least we know that the people they're sending to hate on the US in the replies are idiots... Even somehow came to the conclusion that Depleted Uranium rounds are somehow also incendiary. (they aren't unless it's a HEAP round with a DU core)

They probably didn't know any better, or didn't care. Anything to add?

Yeah... They're morons, just like every major world leader.

Yeah... They're morons, just like every major world leader.

They aren't you're average morons, they're insane fuckheads who are making others insane fuckheads by killing the sane. Sad part is that OTHER insane fuckheads (Assad and Maliki) drove them into insanity. And then we can't do a damn thing, because each of them are anti-West.

Depleted uranium rounds ARE incendiary. Uranium is pyrophoric, and when hitting targets the hot shards scraping off it DO ignite. This is how our APDS rounds deal enough damage to be effective against tanks. They penetrate the armour, and the shards and filing coming off on the way through ignite and scatter into the target, causing burn damage, destroying equipment, burning personnel and possibly igniting fuel or munitions.

That only happens at the much higher speeds of the APDS round, most DU rounds are not like that now. (and many are even jacketed now)

That only happens at the much higher speeds of the APDS round, most DU rounds are not like that now. (and many are even jacketed now)

That goes against everything I know about US military practices. Source or it's not true.

Source: Friend in the DoD. (not something I can link to online)

There are a lot of things that aren't able to be sourced through the internet, and saying that it's not true because it isn't on the internet is like believing the news on TV tells the whole story all the time.

There are a lot of things that aren't able to be sourced through the internet, and saying that it's not true because it isn't on the internet is like believing the news on TV tells the whole story all the time.

You are telling me that the military would spend more money to decrease the stopping power of an anti-tank round. That makes no sense. Find a source.

If it can't be proven, it won't be considered. Add something real to the conversation, something on topic.

OT:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28077273

If it can't be proven, it won't be considered. Add something real to the conversation, something on topic.

OT:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28077273

Well, that's just what the region needed. MORE WEAPONS. Because apparently they didn't have ENOUGH death yet. Are they going to run away and leave those to the fucking rebels, too? Like they did all those humvees, and a couple of TANKS and HELICOPTERS? Because that'd just make this whole bloody mess even bloodier, wouldn't it?

You know, there's somebody with a death fetish out there getting off on this, right? But for everybody who's not like Dick Cheney and Colonel North, this fucking SUCKS.

No, I'm not in a very nice mood. Nobody says I have to be.

Well, that's just what the region needed. MORE WEAPONS. Because apparently they didn't have ENOUGH death yet. Are they going to run away and leave those to the fucking rebels, too? Like they did all those humvees, and a couple of TANKS and HELICOPTERS? Because that'd just make this whole bloody mess even bloodier, wouldn't it?

Instead of run, the "new" (but not improved) Iraqi Army are so sectarian and indoctrinated that they'll shoot Sunni civilians, or allow their Iranian allies to do so. Oh, and what that article doesn't mention is that those Russian planes are also getting Russian PILOTS. It keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Instead of run, the "new" (but not improved) Iraqi Army are so sectarian and indoctrinated that they'll shoot Sunni civilians, or allow their Iranian allies to do so. Oh, and what that article doesn't mention is that those Russian planes are also getting Russian PILOTS. It keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Actually, as much as I hate Russia, I feel better knowing they won't have Iraqi pilots in them. Russian pilots may not be the best choice, but at least they're professional and unlikely to intentionally commit major war crimes than Iraqis, or even Americans.

Actually, as much as I hate Russia, I feel better knowing they won't have Iraqi pilots in them. Russian pilots may not be the best choice, but at least they're professional and unlikely to intentionally commit major war crimes than Iraqis, or even Americans.

Of course, we do have the possibility of Iranian airstrikes as well. That would probably cause uncertain politicians in the Gulf monarchies to fully support ISIS. And then shit would fly.

Of course, we do have the possibility of Iranian airstrikes as well. That would probably cause uncertain politicians in the Gulf monarchies to fully support ISIS. And then shit would fly.

Yes, but that possibility already existed.

Just hope it doesn't come to a more direct Iran. Hell, if any real progress can be made from this conflict, it would be an independent Kurdish state. That would bring some joy to the horror which has been caused.

Just hope it doesn't come to a more direct Iran. Hell, if any real progress can be made from this conflict, it would be an independent Kurdish state. That would bring some joy to the horror which has been caused.

At least if Iraq splits in three, the fighting can finally fucking STOP. Not right away, of course, but some time after.

More fear:http://m.rte.ie/news/touch//2014/0702/628018-iraq/

Now the Shias are fighting each other. Do they want ISIS to kick them in the nuts?

More fear:http://m.rte.ie/news/touch//2014/0702/628018-iraq/

Now the Shias are fighting each other. Do they want ISIS to kick them in the nuts?

WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE?

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.