ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: ARCADE AMERICA

I guess this game affected my brain somehow because when I went to bed I lay there for about an hour thinking about the ridiculousness of it and then I fell asleep and actually dreamed about the damn game and it was just awful. And I didn't even play it. Maybe watching it all in one sitting was a bad idea. I won't do that again. I guess too much of it is a good way to ensure a slow descent into madness.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Just wondering, what Parish are you from Ross?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I watched this late at night then went back and rewatched it cause my brain couldn't process the craziness of this game tired. It's just such a strange mess of nonsense Joey really holds it together though. I could listen to those phone calls all day, but the gameplay would probably make me wanna break my computer really. Not that the concept was bad, I happen to love arcade style games, I think it was rushed and needed more polish, and those mud crawling sections need to go.

Have a long peaceful rest Ross. Relaxation is always important, especially when you haven't done it in years.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Well that was... interesting

It was too much for one sitting, I have to say. The aesthetics of the game kind of threw me off from the beggining (I hate Joey's nose!!!) and all the time I kept thinking it would be a nightmare to play it. 50 minutes of that was just too much.

Yes, I still think Game Dungeon rocks, but now I know I shouldnt ask for too much of it, and if I get too much, and Ross puts it in parts, I should think WHY he did that

Anyway, rest Ross! You've earned. A long time ago!

If video 3 hadn't featured that quick shot of Christian Erickson, I'd have traveled to Poland to personally revoke your gamer license.

I guess this game affected my brain somehow because when I went to bed I lay there for about an hour thinking about the ridiculousness of it and then I fell asleep and actually dreamed about the damn game and it was just awful. And I didn't even play it. Maybe watching it all in one sitting was a bad idea. I won't do that again. I guess too much of it is a good way to ensure a slow descent into madness.

Thats not the end of it. Today I was cleaning my room and just it hit me again. This damn game. I just sort of fell on the floor and stayed there for a while. I wish I could say I was exaggerating or hyperbole but I'm not. I guess I just wasn't ready for something like this.

Thats not the end of it. Today I was cleaning my room and just it hit me again. This damn game. I just sort of fell on the floor and stayed there for a while. I wish I could say I was exaggerating or hyperbole but I'm not. I guess I just wasn't ready for something like this.

I'd tell you to go to the doctor, but I don't think there's treatment for this shit.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

I did think this was a good Game Dungeon episode Ross but my fave will always be tyrian

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I am only 45 seconds into subtitling part one of this sucker and I'm already crying.

I have no idea what the agent is saying. Here's what I got and I want to know if you guys agree.

Joey: Uh, hello?

Agent: Hello Joey, baby, sweetheart! It's Boil! Let's Boil! How ya doin'?!

Joey: Umm... well, uh...

Agent: That's terrific! Listen, I'm calling about your spot in the Woodstock lineup. You're going on between Captain Ulcer and [static]. It's a done deal. Joey and the Monstras!

Joey: Coo'. Why us?

Agent: Because... uh... freaks like bricks!

Joey: Freakin' A.

Agent: Besides, The Band couldn't make it, Yes said "No", The Who said "What?" I don't know.

Joey: Third base.

Agent: Whatever. Look, this is the big time, kid. I need you here ASA-Pronto! Don't blow it or you and your monsters will be tearing tickets at the local multiplex!

Joey: Ooh. What's playing?

Agent: GO!

I have no idea if that's correct and I'm crying. Help please! I have a feeling this agent guy is going to be the death of me.

I am only 45 seconds into subtitling part one of this sucker and I'm already crying.

I have no idea what the agent is saying. Here's what I got and I want to know if you guys agree.

Joey: Uh, hello?

Agent: Hello Joey, baby, sweetheart! It's Boil! Lance Boil! How ya doin'?!

Joey: Umm... well, uh...

Agent: That's terrific! Listen, I'm calling about your spot in the Woodstock lineup. You're going on between Captain Ulcer and [static]. It's a done deal. Joey and the Monsters!

Joey: Coo'. Why us?

Agent: Because... uh... freaks like freaks!

Joey: Freakin' A.

Agent: Besides, The Band couldn't make it, Yes said "No", The Who said "What?" I don't know.

Joey: Third base.

Agent: Whatever. Look, this is the big time, kid. I need you here ASA-Pronto! Don't blow it or you and your monsters will be tearing tickets at the local multiplex!

Joey: Ooh. What's playing?

Agent: GO!

I have no idea if that's correct and I'm crying. Help please!

Wow, I never even noticed the The Band, Yes, and The Who joke when I heard it. You have much better hearing than I do. It reminds me a lot of an old Animaniacs skit about Woodstock which basically does the "Who's on Third" routine with those bands. Anyway, I made some edits above which I believe are more correct.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

That makes more sense than what I had. And the name is better, too! Thanks! I'll incorporate that into what I already have.

And I think, after listening to it more than a dozen times, he says "Peptic Ulcer" rather than "Captain Ulcer".

I'd tell you to go to the doctor, but I don't think there's treatment for this shit.

There probably is, but I'd rather not go back there again. It's just my stupid mind likes to latch onto things and refuse to let go.

Sometimes I wonder if it'll result in my demise. I hope not.

Good episode Ross, the only thing is, I would have probably added more 90's jokes if I were you :P

I mean come on, Bill Clinton, Family Matters, 56K modems, so much to joke about!

This is my favorite episode yet and it signifies a bright future for this series. I hope we get more wacky political stories, even if there's nothing in your reviews that would naturally lead into one.

I was living in Baton Rouge when I was there.
If video 3 hadn't featured that quick shot of Christian Erickson, I'd have traveled to Poland to personally revoke your gamer license.
Yeah, I could have talked more about that, but I was just trying to get the thing done. I guess the developers were fans of Megarace. I feel like I've seen another character name ripoff before in a game, but I can't remember it. I know FEAR and Deus Ex 2 both had a Jankowski, but that might have been a coincidence.

It's probably just because of extremely superficial similarities (Americana focused road-trip), but this game seriously feels like the creators of Sam and Max Hit the Road went on a massive bender.

I was living in Baton Rouge when I was there.
Yeah, I could have talked more about that, but I was just trying to get the thing done. I guess the developers were fans of Megarace. I feel like I've seen another character name ripoff before in a game, but I can't remember it. I know FEAR and Deus Ex 2 both had a Jankowski, but that might have been a coincidence.

The MegaRace series might make for a fun Ross' Gaming Dungeon. The gameplay was always a bit thin, but those games were ALL ABOUT Lance Boyle and the virtual-reality television schtick.

Epid video, Ross. This is one game I've never heard of, but oh my god. So much work went into a nearly unplayable game, it's hard to phathom today. 1996, man. Sure, we had Rise of the Triads and Civilization 2. HL was just two years away, but still. A different time.

Ross, I'd love to see you have a crack at more unusual mid-90's stuff. Burn:Cycle. Bioforge. The first Dune. The 90s spawned so many evolutionary dead-ends that just wouldn't happen anymore today.

I actually Thought Ross lived in the french Quarter of New Orleans when he said he was in Louisiana, but hey Baton Rouge I heard is quite nice, did you experience any hurricanes when you were there Ross?

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

THIS GAME!! THIS GAME !!

I had a demo of this game in a cd named "games for windows 95" that came with my first computer (a 100 mhz pentium I). I barely remember it because I just played Doom and Fury III, but this game was in that cd and I launched it once or twice in my life. I didnt knew any english, and I had no idea WTH I was doing, but those visuals stuck with me, in a little place in my brain, for years, until I saw this video and came back again.

Thanks... I guess xD